Boise trials riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by SCExpat, Oct 3, 2012.

1. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I just got a trials bike a few weeks ago. Would have gotten one sooner if I had known there is a couple of guys who ride almost every week, year round. This is a great work out and more fun than........well something really fun.
    So if anyone has ever thought about trials riding there is a group that rides here weekly at the Secret Trials Disneyland. This is a great place to ride for beginners to expert.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are from my third time so go easy on me you FF'ers :deal
  2. Petrolburner

Petrolburner Noise Maker

Oddometer:
    Cool! I'll be coming over to Boise to spend a week or so with my brother and I'll probably haul along the trials bike amongst others. I'll post up here when I know the dates and get into contact with you.

[​IMG]
  3. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Send me an email or PM and I'll meet you at the "Secret Trials Disneyland". My schedule is real flexible and I can go most days. The regulars go Sunday at 8:00 AM. I have a hard time getting out of the house early so I usually make it closer to 9:00. See you soon. :deal
  4. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I ended up being the only one out there (STD) sunday. Still had fun and without anyone to watch or BS with I was wiped out by 11:00 :eek1 I thought I would at least make it till noon.

[​IMG]
  5. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Sunday (10-28) was a great day for trials riding. A bit cold in the AM but once you start riding you start generating body heat and are soon sweating.

Scouting some new sections to ride.
    [​IMG]

Then start riding.
    [​IMG]

The group goes most Sundays and beginners (like me) are always welcome. Great fun and one heck of a workout. :deal
  6. bravobravo445

bravobravo445 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mike, Todd, Vern, and Brian. Great ride last Sunday. Can you believe it was November? Hopefully my rear brake line will be here by Friday so I can ride this Sunday. I do need rear brakes, don't I? :1drinkHere are some pics

[​IMG]
  7. bravobravo445

bravobravo445 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another Pic[​IMG]
  8. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I see you got the picture thing figured out. Hope you get that brake line replace and we see you out there Sunday. Might be a little cool this weekend but as long as it is not pouring rain I'll be there.
  9. Handy

Handy Sunburnt

Oddometer:
    I have been thinking about getting a used trials bike. I haven't seen many come up on Craigslist around here though. If anybody is looking to sell one or maybe trade for a 1999 BMW R1200C let me know. I see quite a few on the Tulsa, OK Craigslist, I might have my father in law check one out for me and ship it here.
  10. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Here is one for you: http://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/3369946837.html

I had to have mine shipped from Albuquerque as they are far and few here. You are welcome to come out Sunday for the practice/training/fun/BS session.

Hope to see you soon.
  11. Handy

Handy Sunburnt

Oddometer:
    That one is a little rich for my blood at the moment. How much was it to have it shipped from NM?
  12. 650x

650x Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sent you a PM for a local Beta Rev 3 for less than half of one SCExpat sent you info on.

BTW, where is this STD area? My wife has a trial bike and we just moved to the area and looking for a place for her to ride it.
  13. dave186

dave186 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ive always wanted a trials bike, cool to see some guys around here riding them. I keep an eye on craigslist for them as well.
  14. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I have a 2002 Beta Rev3 270 and am really happy with it.
    [​IMG]
    The 270 is a bit much for a first trials bike (looped it the first ride) but I have learned to be very careful with the throttle.

We ride in Melba near Celebration Park. Most Sundays. Currently starting at 9:00 AM to......1 - 2PM. A few weeks ago it was so nice we stayed till 3:00. It kicked my arse. Monday was a recovery day. Expected to be "in shape" and not get sore after a couple of months but it still leaves me exhausted and a bit sore for a couple of days. Much more strenuous than I ever expected. New riders are always welcome and encouraged. Looking forward to seeing more new faces. :freaky
  15. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Started at 9AM and it was cold. I (and others) wore thermals under my riding gear and after a couple of minutes I was no longer cold. 30 minutes later I was sweating.....as usual. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another day of great fun riding. I even forgot it was cold. :clap
  16. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Yes it was cold at first hovering around 32F at 9:00 AM. After riding for a few minutes you get warmed up. The sun came out and it was just a beautiful day to ride.
    [​IMG]

I was a bit skeptical when told they ride year round, every week here. So far, so good. Yea I know the best is yet to come but hey I am riding about 45 minutes from home every week and having a blast! This makes winter motorcycle riding withdrawl much more tolerable to this fair weather rider. :clap
    [​IMG]
  17. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    It was COLD! But hey it might be the last time we could go riding so we had to have an EOW (End of World) ride.
    [​IMG]

Despite the cold we still had a great day riding......better than taking a chance and spending the possible last day of life as we know it at work. :norton
    [​IMG]
    Brian showing great technique, as usual.

Bart provided us with some enterntainment by getting his bike stuck. :evil Crappy video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tEUn07-H1I

We got a bit crazy and swapped bikes. :eek1 Yes it was inappropriate and I immediately suffered the consequences with the need to get a new bike.:norton
  18. idahojoe

idahojoe shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    Not that I'm gay or anything, but I went hiking last weekend with my girlfriend and our dogs. We went to a place down by the river because it's inbetween our houses. I always like to take a different path and this time we just started boondocking. After a few hundered yards I noticed tire tracks, multiple layers of tire tracks. It took me a few minutes, but I told her these are trials bikes. Look, see the tracks end at that rock, but are on the other side of it too. I walked around following the trails for a good 30 minutes before continuing our hike. Anyway, I have a trials bike too, but 8 am is a little too early this time of year. See you in the spring.
  19. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Hey 8:00 AM is too early for me too. Luckily we are on the winter schedule and start about 9:00. At least it gives the sun a chance to come up. Come on out Sunday and get a ride in. A couple of guys are gone for the holidays so we some fresh blood. :evil

Sorry to hear about your KTM. :cry Really surprised at how many dirt bikes are stolen here. You CAN shoot bike thieves here right? :deal

Looking forward to meeting you. :freaky
  20. Handy

Handy Sunburnt

Oddometer:
    Thanks for inviting me out Mike, I had fun and got some good pointers from you, hopefully I will make it out next week. I went to Cycle Gear and got some pads, thanks for the tip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]