1. dlearl476

dlearl476 Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer:
    If you used Kerosene and a quality chain lube instead of a penetrating, water dispersing solvent which will penetrate the O-Rings and dissolve the lubricant contained by them you wouldn't need anything to "keep it all off your rear tire." :deal

I've never shopped for it in NYC but I've bought 1.5 liter cans of Kerosene in the paint department of Home Depot in UT and NV.
    I generally use Pedros Orange Degreaser now as I keep it for my bicycle as well.
  2. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    Hey all,

I probably asked this years ago but have finally decided to get some painting done on my 2 slow (but rideable) project bikes.

I'm looking for a good painter in the area, one where I bring the parts to them and they paint to my satisfaction - simple right? I don't want college student learning on his new paint gun, nor do I require museum finish - just a good job.

Know anyone?

Cheers, and TIA.

ps - Just spent 4 days riding Texas Hill Country, I highly recommend it if you're ever going that way.
  3. Chico

Chico Passing through

Oddometer:
    This is great, exactly what I was looking for--thanks. Anyone care to endorse any of these in particular? Or tell me who to avoid?
  4. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM BushwickKLR (Nef) he did a great job on my bike.
  5. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:

Paging Nef to the white courtesy phone. Bushwick<del>KLR</del>Concours, you have a call holding. :lurk
  6. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it is Larry, that guy has the worst luck, I think he had it stolen a few months ago and then recovered it on Ave D, his scooter is always getting knocked over. Terrible to hear.
  7. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know the scooter owner, but the Vmax (Rider: "Max" -- easy to remember) I've picked up at least twice before after being knocked over:

[​IMG]

Not including my own bikes (which I've had knocked over 4-5 times), in the past couple years I've picked up at least four or five other bikes -- some more than a couple times.
  8. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    No, a friend of mine was looking at getting a stich, I told him he should definitely try one on first. So I thought I'd see if anyone local had one in his size.
  9. HaChayalBoded

Oddometer:
    Return it for the correct size? What kind of bike do you have?
  10. HaChayalBoded

Oddometer:
    Nice, did you stay at the motorcycle cabin place up there? There is also a great little dive right next door to that with the best sign ever. It said fast food 300 miles that way (with an arrow).

their 3lb, 16" long chicken fried bacon was literally to die for.

Unfortunately I was on my way overloaded concours with a bald rear tire so I couldn't keep up with my buddies on their 1000cc superbikes.
  11. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    Foxfire cabins, near a great old bike museum in Davenport. Annual rally called THC (a spin off site from here attendees).
  12. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve Every day is Saturday

Oddometer:
    Julio (cyberdos) attended that, he's trying to get me out there next year.
  13. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    I know, we hung, rode, ate, drank and repeated....:freaky
  14. Skuli

Skuli Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,

Anyone have a recommendation for a welding shop in Brooklyn? I need to a have 1/4" nut welded onto a 1/8" (or so) 8"x8" piece of plate steel. I'd love to get it done tomorrow, Saturday, so any recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers,

-b
  15. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    Are the VW parts for air or water cooled?
  16. CMantis

CMantis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got the cover off ebay I have filed a complaint or whatever it is called. Just figured I might check here maybe someone is in the reverse situation and got one only to find it too small.
  17. TengaiJohn

TengaiJohn Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Water, from a 99 MK3.5 Cabrio
  18. Sckill

Sckill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a DowCo cover that came with my CBR600 that fits pretty well. I'm now using it on my 919, but it is a bit small with the luggage system I have installed. How big is the cover?
  19. Mazaev

Mazaev Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could someone recommend a place to get forks straightened around Brooklyn on the cheap(ish)? Tried a simple reset the other day with no luck. It's for a VFR that had a slow speed head on.
  20. kcieslicki

kcieslicki Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a two piece 42 tall roadcrafter. If you would like give it a try, shoot me a PM