XR 650 R Rally Fairing for acerbis sahara tank

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by kenaroo, May 18, 2007.

1. domi007

domi007 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Is it possible to ride the kit rally Which I have To me bikes honda xr 400 As in the photos with the use of tank acerbis sahara for xr 650

tanks
  2. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    Hi Ken, you should makes these again...Jim
  3. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Just a friendly bump, thought you'd like to know one of your fairings ended up in Canada. I'll be installing it in the next week or so. I know it's been a few years but if and when you have some free time i'd benefit from a couple of spare side panels....if the mold is still kicking around ?

Cheers
    :freaky
  4. oldxr

oldxr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mold rental ?
  5. kenaroo

kenaroo I am because i ride

Oddometer:
    the Project that will not Die:lol3

I have been contacted by no less than 10 people this year inquiring about this fairing project.

I'm open to making more units but need to make new molds.. this takes time and money.. I put a pencil to this and figure I'd need to make 5 or more fairings to break even

So here is my offer...

If someone wants to put a group buy together with a minimum of 5 pre orders with 50% deposits.. I'll do another run of fairings. this will give me the capital to acquire the needed materials.

I will also need everyone to send me their head lamps.. or agree to use another headlamp like the new LEDs or maybe the trail tech X2. but they need to be all the same. in that case I'll need at least one unit for R&D/design

work would have to be done in Jan/Feb as that's my slow time with my business. if it gets any later than that in the year.. I will not have much time to work on them. thus delaying delivery. I can have them done in 6 weeks from deposits.

so rally the troops and lets make some fairings! but it's up to you XR650R nuts to make it happen..

Good luck and I look forward to working with you.

Best regards
    Ken
  6. brentd

brentd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I for one am in.:clap The trail tech x2 sounds like the hot ticket! Lets get some more coming. What is the pricing on this round of fairings looking like?
  7. brentd

brentd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ...well I guess this isn't going to pan out. I thought you would have more interest
  8. Oddfellow

Oddfellow Beasty Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Was there a verdict here? I am in and have a donor bike in Austin :evil
  9. Eggman

Eggman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a kenaroo kit I would be willing to sell along with a euro spec 990 headlight
  10. Oddfellow

Oddometer:
    PM'ing ya
  11. killergasser

killergasser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is anything happening on this. I'd really like to build my XR out, and this fairing looks like the jump off point. Can we revive this?
  12. BT4Stroke

BT4Stroke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ken what is the chance of getting these up and running again. I will be happy to ship you two Baja Design squadron lights if you want to explore this option. Let me know.
  13. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    I need 5 orders to get this up an running again to break even on the cost of materials (not my labor but this is for fun)

Need to make new molds and work out the new sub-frames for the squadron lights.

Just got pinged again my another person wanting one..

Come on guys.. if you want them..pull together and lets do this..

I just moved and found a bunch of subframe parts that just need fabrication.

I also pulled down the old molds and spares and dusted them off.

also.. would need an XR 650 with acerbis tank as I no longer have that bike..
  14. BT4Stroke

BT4Stroke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in for one and know 2 others that may want them also, I live to far away to drop off a Xr650r but will ship you an Acerbis 6.3 tank if you need it for mockup. The Baja design squadron light is a killer idea and is the direction I would like to go. Possible with the Squadron XL? I have 2 squadrons that inca shipment the tank also if you need them too for the mockup.
  15. Oddfellow

Oddometer:
    I have a donor bike here in Austin. I don't have the Acerbis tank though. Well I should say...yet!

Oddfellow
  16. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    another contacted me about making them one.. think there is enough of you guys to do a group buy..
  17. jimmyx

jimmyx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Ken,
    I would like to get in on this run if I could. I need a left lower fairing wing as mine took a hard hit, it is still intact, and it held up really well, I'm just looking for a replacement for down the road. I would be happy to purchase a set of lowers. this has been a great fairing set up, very high quality.
    Best,
    Jim M.[​IMG]
  18. ankenman

ankenman n00b

Oddometer:
    I would like to throw my hand in the ring for one as well. Can paypal the money in advance. Trying to build a xr650 rally bike for baja rally in September
  19. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    More than happy to get you hooked up for the Rally.. afterall that's what I made these for..

I'd like to go ahead and get another list of potentials think we should just go ahead with an LED head light.

I'll start making the new design to fit the Baja Designs.

20. ankenman

ankenman n00b

Oddometer:
    Kenaroo which baja designs light were you looking at specifically?