Remus Headers and Touratech Crashbars.

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by pkbinder, Nov 15, 2012.

1. pkbinder

pkbinder Kissing Moose

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried to fit those TT bars onto a 800GS with the thicker Remus headers? Is any fabrication necessary? pk
  2. biodieselandon

biodieselandon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been wondering the same thing with the new expedition skid plate and the remus headers. If it is an issue I will probably just go with the arrow headers since they don't seem to be a larger diameter, but still delete the cat.
  3. YrianX

YrianX Viking Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm reviving his thread as I have the same question and have not found any answer...

Looking at the remus DeCat downpipes as I found a great deal but as I already have TT crash bars and skid plate I suspect that it will be a problematic fit from what I read...

Considering to get the new TT expedition skid as my old one is pretty dinged up anyway but if it will not fit with the headers.....

Has anyone got experience with the expedition and the Remus header?

Anyone know what crash bars fit best with the Remus? I see the TT bars will probably have a problem around the stator cover area?`

Per
  4. pkbinder

pkbinder Kissing Moose

Oddometer:
    I ended up using a welder to extend the TT bars about an inch and a half towards the radiator. I also got a Black Dog skid plate. Expensive but very heavy duty, and easy to take off for oil changes. PK
  5. SOP Dirt-Rider

SOP Dirt-Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The TT Expedition plate will fit the headers, all you need to do is add a couple washers between the plate and mounting points. Works for me anyway.

6. YrianX

YrianX Viking Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good to know guys :)

Thanks.

Still a bit undecided on Remus Vs arrow which I see has been discussed back and forth at length in threads here...

Glad the expedition plate works with Remus though, that is a plus for that one.
  7. SOP Dirt-Rider

Oddometer:
    The Remus gives you more, I have ridden both and the difference is noticeable, but if ease of install is a concern, the Arrow is a good choice.
  8. jbm

jbm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You're asking about touratech crashbars, but for reference, SW mototech crashbars work fine with remus headers.
  9. Hamish71

Hamish71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have full Remus exhaust,
    BDCW Bashplate,
    Altrider crash bars.

All fit.
  10. YrianX

YrianX Viking Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks again guys :)

Arrow is definitely out after some other feedback.

I think I should be able to mod the TT crashbars and if the SW motech ones are an option in the worst case I can always get rid of the TT ones ;)

So REMUS seems to be the most viable option so far.

Anyone out there that can / wants to share insight on the QD headers? I have had a hard time finding any useful concrete info on fit / build quality on those... But then again they are double the price more or less so if the Remus works well...

Thanks again guys for your valuable help and feedback.

Per
  11. SOP Dirt-Rider

Oddometer:
    FWFW, I am using the SW Motech bars after trashing a set of the Alt Rider bars in AZ. SW bars tuck in much neater and are more rigid laterally. Both sets work with the Remus headers with no need for mods. If you haven't purchased the bars yet I would recommend the SW Motech bars and TT Expedition plate (with the slight mod needed to clear the pipes). I have a BD bash plate but it weighs a ton, hangs lower, and is a self leveling device (no, this isn't a good thing).

12. andreweh

andreweh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is why I love this forum all your questions get answered with no need to ask any questions. All you need to do is spend the time to find them. Can you guys post some pics of your f8s with the remus exhaust and skid plates?

I'm not a fan as to how ugly the black dog skid plate is I bet it works great just ugly the tt one is way nicer looking imo.

Cheers all!!
  13. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    You shall be our new voice of reason, for us old fucks it's too late, the noobs won't trust us but you are the kind of fresh blood we need for our anti noob posting campaign! Wear our colors, make us proud and go spread that message! :deal

Reaver STFU.
  14. jengel451

jengel451 1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer:
    Yeah...
  15. Redback-gj

Redback-gj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I appreciate this thread is pretty dead, but any chance of a photo of either of these outcomes? Currently in the process of rebuilding the bike back up to it's "Go wherever the hell I want" glory days and I've got ot the full Remus installed and am looking at the TT bars/Plate