D.O.G. Dualsporters Of Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by flux_capacitor, Jan 5, 2007.

1. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    That's a bummer to hear ACME closed the retail doors. Hard to get tires mounted over the Internet !
  2. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    A guy on a red GS got a courtesy "performance award" up on the Skyway yesterday. Chasing a kid on a red v-strom and he got around a cruiser and 2-up GS and <s>I</s> the guy on the red GS got around the cruiser and just as the couple on the GS waved me by there at the top long straight fast part, I saw him off to the side ahead. So, I didn't pass and he came out right after we rode past him. We both pulled over and to my surprise when came up to us he pointed at me and said, "I didn't clock you, you're getting a warning," and then turned to the gentleman in front of me and said, "I clocked you, you're getting a ticket.". The two-up were folks from KY, said he was 72 and it was the first ticket in his life.

Don't know if they're posters on here or not, but hope you had a good remainder of your ride and a I'd like to see the pic of us you snapped with the trooper.
  3. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:

See, even geezers turn into hooligans when you put them on a high performance motorcycle. :lol3
  4. PoodlePumper

PoodlePumper Custom Title User

Oddometer:
    Nice day for a ride....

[​IMG]
  5. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Just posted up a nice 2004 KLX 110 in FM in case your looking for a toy.
  6. Dirt Vader

Dirt Vader 44444444444444444

Oddometer:
    were you afraid for your life?
    did you feel the urge to flee?
    did they drag you out of your focus and beat the turds out of you?
  7. dirtybikefrank

dirtybikefrank Beast wrestler

Oddometer:
    Rode the BRP Tuesday and Wednesday from the southern end up to Meadows of Dan,VA. The only place open was Mt Mitchell and there we NO police patrolling the parkway. Traffic was almost nonexistant since everyone assumed the parkway was closed. It was the perfect setup. 469 miles of racetrack. Still can't believe the timing worked out so well.

Camped at BRMC camp and Willsville MC camp. Great places and good dudes runnin the places. Highly recommend both spots when up that way.

Not sure how long they won't be patrolling up there so get it while you can. The southern end is nice and twisty and the northern end is 80 mph twisties...

Also there's a great little offroad section up to the power lines at the top of Mt Mitchell open for construction. Fun times up to the top.

Time to go get some.
  8. DirtDabber

DirtDabber cultural illiterate

Oddometer:
    Mt. Mitchell and is a state park so it is open. I saw a story about the Pisgah Inn being forced to close.
  9. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Yeah, how messed up is that?
  10. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    We were on some small sections of the southern BRP Wed & Thurs. We actually did stop at the Pisgah Inn on Wed which was the day before they shut it down.

We didn't see any rangers either and I wondered if they were actually out patrolling it. Definitely a great time to run the entire BRP for sure!
  11. judobiker

judobiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's funny, I didn't think to be scared for my safety. I mainly felt envy. Of course they didn't exactly look like a bunch of NYC stunta'z. They were way too dirty for that.
  12. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    had a great weekend ride with the bamarides.com crowd at the Copper Penny ride. Rode all over the forest over there, have no idea if it was open or closed. :rofl

probably some of the best DS riding around IMHO. great group of folks to ride with, and really enjoyed the route. We did a total of about 100 miles saturday, with maybe 15% paved, 20% FS roads and the rest just fun riding. Officially it was no big bikes, but I took my 950 and really had a good time putting it thru its paces. Lots of DRZ's, WR's, and even a TW and a few XT225s. I'll pick thru my videos and when I get something together I'll post it. I have a video up of the last ride I did over there, same group, little easier riding, the Spring Nutz ride: http://youtu.be/C2hOV0J56DU

now to get the gear and bike cleaned up a bit. some of the bogs we went across were pretty rotten!!!
  13. GaThumper

GaThumper Road Less Traveled

Oddometer:
    Thumpin' in North GA - headin' for the Smokys
    Did they look like this motley crew seen eating pig at Scooters?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Might have been the same hooligans who took Betty's Creek to the back door into Coleman River and ended up here?

[​IMG]

Great Day, Great Ride, Great Guys!
  14. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    This right here is perfect... Check out Simpson. :lol3

[​IMG]
  15. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    I spy, Larry the Cable Guy. :D

[​IMG]
  16. Gallowbraid

Gallowbraid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got the wife hooked on watching Long Way Round. She then wanted to watch Long Way Down. Just finished it up last night when she turned to me and told me I had permission to buy a GS. :huh

I'm writing a thank you letter to Ewan McGregor right now. :lol3
  17. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Get her to read Noah Horak's RTW on a KTM690 and you can get one of those too.
  18. Lost on Row 1

Lost on Row 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can find Jake at the Highland Park, Cedartown store. Those guys have great parts and shipping departments. I use them for my stuff and customer repairs and get great service. And really, who doesn't appreciate a good reason to ride out that way.
  19. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where's Big Foot, the wrench?
  20. Lost on Row 1

Lost on Row 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am not sure where Big Foot (Mike) went. He is a good Dude, probably would have had a haul to join back up with the Cedartown store. He'll surface soon I bet.