Chico, Ca Dualsport Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Bob Tosi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. visualizerent

visualizerent Raconteur

Oddometer:
    I like the sound of this...keep us posted on this thread

JB

3. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
    I would agree with your friends comments about that photo! A long time ago I used to race a Bultaco Astro around tracks like that. Sometimes the front end was up in the air like that and sometimes the back end was stepping out like that, but never at the same time. That is a great shot!

Chuck
  4. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    That IS a classic shot of King Kenny doing what he does best,pretty cool he could come back and do hot laps at the Indy Mile on the TZ750 at age what ever age he is,he never considered doing simple parade laps,slid it in to the first corner and just kept it howling for the crowd.
    Hes always been a class act and a true racer.

I did that flattrack thing for about 10 years,easily the most fun Ive had wearing clothes,I still tend to irritate people on fireroads drifting by em on the high line. Its too much fun not to!
  5. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cycleland, But did you ever do Orland Indoors. Or Taste speedway.
    the 70's had more than, Just naked girls. I was more of a "Hangtown"
    junkie when hangtown was out in the country, and Roger was the man.

On any Sunday was my favorite movie, until I watched Emperor Of the North. So the first time I meet Dick Mann I was in awe. I crashed hard in a section he was "Checking" one time, I never felt so good about a 5. only because He loved my effort.

That picture of Kenny is a classic. the guy that posted it for me to see is also a classic. Lane came to my Trial at The Rocky Ridge. meeting him and getting his thumbs up was/is a big feather in my cap as he can be a hard grade.
  6. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I started out at Cycleland in 1972,raced Orland Half Mile,Orland Indoor,San Jose Half Mile (inside the mile) Gridley 1/4 Mile (one time only) Quincy rough and tumble 1/2 mile on Decomposed Granite.
    Triple M in Marysville,Lodi Cycle Bowl,Auburn shortrack,(inside the current speedway track,Peach Tree Nationals out by Yuba City,all great fun!

Corning MX,Westwood MX(with singletrack and waterhole)Liveoak MX, Orland MX inside the halfmile,Cycleland Scrambles,Cycleland Marathon MX's,Marysville MX under the bridge, If there was a race I was there, for about 10 years,and still walking today.
    Even did some roadracing at Sears Point. I also went up to Happy Valley a few times for the TT races,by Anderson I think? It was a fast TT.

I should probably get some sort of trials bike,havent ridden any trials since PIT's Fall River memorial day party/trials event.

A friend's dad used to take us to Hangtown,starting in about 1974 on up through 77/78.good days at Hangtown,Ive been to the current track a few times,always good races.
  7. oobus

oobus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you were at the Corning MX, I'll bet you rode with a few of my highschool peeps, must have been around 1985?
    BTW that track is now a pot farm!
  8. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
    I rode a few events at Cycleland about 72 or 73 on a 250cc Yahaha DT1 with a stretched swingarm and Class C rubber. There was a guy riding a 250cc Cooper that just waxed everyone. Never saw another Cooper anywhere else. Happen to remember that?

Chuck
  9. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn Chuck. I didn't think anyone would remember Orland indoors.
    Considering the Race fuel and no ventilation, I still jones for that high.

Sounds like you liked to

[​IMG]
  10. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I raced my 74 250 Elsinore and the 76 RM 125 at Corning,so earlier,they had a rubber band start gate.
    Once the wind was blowing us right off the track,leaving the ground meant crashing.
    A pack of guys from Cycleland used to drive out there to race.
  11. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I do remember a Cooper out there,I dont think he would wax the expert class on one of those things.
    Also remember John Gennai,Alex Jorgenson,Doug Chandler,Chris Carr and a host of other black plate top pro guys making the drive to come out to Cycleland,that place had quite the rep in those days.

If you were lucky enough to win the Novice main event,then they would let you start on the ft row of the Handicap expert main event,all the fastest guys of the night are starting between 5 and 55 yards behind.
    That whole pack would get wound up and come by like a freight train,trying to hold them back wasnt a great idea.
  12. visualizerent

visualizerent Raconteur

Oddometer:
    Looks like a good weekend for riding! was out yesterday and all the singletrack in our area was clear of snow up to 5300'-a little slimy with all the moisture.[​IMG]
    TAKING A BREAK AT THE CABIN -4500'

[​IMG]
    Juan
    Nevada City
    KTM 350EXC-F
  13. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I raced a Hodaka Super Rat with road race tuning at Orland Indoor,the noise it made at about 13 Grand made people beg me to shut it off. The 100 class was full of highly tuned screaming little bikes.

Racing in January,32 degrees outside,fans blowing clouds of 2 stroke smoke outside,cold air re-circulating,and the noise! We used to pit outdoors in the freezing cold. There's something about racing on polished cement,its just too much fun!
  14. redog1

redog1 KTM 950se old fart

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great place to sit and have a beer after a hard days riding. :wink:
  15. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now that's a wind chime. And do you have a big sliding door so you can drive the snow machine's right inside?
  16. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I finished up work early today,hopped on the 1250 Bandit and rode over to Oroville and then up 162 for a ways,most of the sand/gravel has been swept off the road. I made it past the upper entrance to Bald Rock road 5 miles or so,the road got wet,I got cold hands,turned around and headed back.

Nice afternoon out with very little traffic.
  17. visualizerent

visualizerent Raconteur

Oddometer:
    the huge sliding door is more an anti vandalism mechanism, covers a pair of glass french doors and a glass man door...the big wind chime is another of-the owners metal art works. The whole package is a real testament to passive solar, low maintenance, high snow load design works... very roomy inside such a small sq footage. JB.
  18. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice cabin. Love the sliding door. Bullet proof no doubt. And the vents are really gun truant's.
  19. The Heathen

The Heathen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Went for a little jaunt up 32 to Butte Meadows, down Skyway to home. Not far but a good way to kill an afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. oobus

oobus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a meeting in Davis, put the bike in the back of the truck. After the meeting wife took the truck to Roseville, bud and I rode thru Capay Valley, then over 20 to Bear Valley Road, down to Maxwell then to Colusa and back home.
    Great day for a ride, hope you guys got out.