Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    thought i already brought ya to the big tunnel. :ear
  2. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    I just checked looks like LCRP might be closed today, can anyone confirm?????
  3. Btown Jason

Btown Jason MotoChimp Supporter

Oddometer:
    RiderIN, thanks for the feedback on the PN-60. Have you used it yet to follow routes? I feel like I could use a few pointers there. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
  4. johnson357

Oddometer:
    Fun day of riding today...rode down to Cafe 58 with NickG and met up with oPaulo. I had my heart set on some pie but they were closed. I was on the Wee and Nick on the 800GS. Paul was on his 400 and talked us into doing some riding at Moto Supreme. He was nice and took us on the easy stuff since we were on the piggies. Nick should have some video up soon and I think Paul took some pics, I of course only took one because I was too busy sliding the Wee around in the perfect dirt conditions.
    [​IMG]

Yes rode the Wee up and around the moto track and a couple other longer climbs.
  5. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
    Ill edit video tomorrow or sunday. The f650 doesnt like big jumps. It tells me it doesnt by the big "clunk" it made
  6. nickgindy

Oddometer:
    Bt then again dont think it was designed to do that.
  7. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think you guys got around there just fine on those big pigs!
    I took 1 pic and the camera is out in the garage.
  8. nickgindy

Oddometer:
    Only time i.drop it is recording you go up a hill. Backed up. Couldnt reach the ground. Lol. I cant wait to watch the video.of that.
  9. johnson357

Oddometer:
    It was kinda selfish for you to fall over before you got me on video :freaky
  10. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Happy Thanksgiving to the Indiana ADV Crew - Hope today is filled with family, food and relaxation for all of you - If that's how you choose to spend your day!

If not, I hope you get to spend your day however you would like!
  11. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    Happy Thanksgiving to all my Hoosier friends... It was great riding with you this year on Ride-or-Die and the Loosenut:clap. As you say, "Hoosier Hospitality Is No Accident".
  12. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Happy Thanksgiving to All !!

I saw 5 ADV'ers yestersday heading north on Henderson Ford. Glad several of you got out to ride.
  13. jscompto

jscompto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Happy Thanksgiving to all! :dg

I think I may try to get down to MotoSupreme this weekend for some practice with my race bike. I'll tap into the system here and let you all know when I plan on going in case anyone wants to join.
  14. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    I am fixin to head to bedford to have turkey with mom. After what she has been thru this summer... its amazing she is stll here.so..... thats what i am thankful for.

But damn the shotgun blasts all morning round here. I am afraid to walk outside!:deal
  15. header

header Chris

Oddometer:
    Some buddies want to go tomorrow because of the nice weather but I don't think I can but I'm planning on riding Saturday and some buddies showed some interest in going.

Lets hear about this race bike? :ear

Series?
  16. Kevinj110

Kevinj110 पवित्र गाय

Oddometer:
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone wish I was around to ride this week instead I am with the old ladys family in Louisville.
  17. johnson357

Oddometer:
    Tim was nice enough not to mention my stupidity. The foggy lense thing and not checking up enough before a 30mph or so corner.....well there were friction issues and 40 or so feet later my Wee was quite mad and me. I wasn't really happy with myself. Thankful for good riding gear. Timmy I ended up with a couple friction burns on my knees and no holes in the pants....whacky.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. johnson357

Oddometer:
    Exactly it's my same method for tightening bolts.......tighten till it snaps and then back it off a 1/4 turn.
  19. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    So you wrestled that thing all over Moto and slid it down the road the next day?:huh

That was a nice bike,.......yesterday.:lol3

Glad your alright Scott.
  20. BMWLOU

BMWLOU Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And a Happy Thanksgiving from the edge of the Yellowwood. Last night I picked up my new (to me) Suzuki DR650 at Thornton's over in Versailles and this morning and afternoon I cruised about 50 miles of gravel roads in eastern Monroe and western Brown Counties. The weather was perfect.

Tim aptly described the bike. First gear is indeed a little tall but the bike pulls very strong from the bottom and is pretty comfortable. Looking at it I figure it is just an overgrown XT225. AIr cooled and carbureted it is just a basic bike. But it seems perfect for running area backroads. I took it up to 80 on a stretch of 46 and it still had some room to go.

I had the shop put on a new set of Dunlop 606's before I picked it up and I was pleased with the way they performed on the road and hard pack gravel. If the weather holds this weekend I'll try to find something a little more challenging.

I keep seeing references to Moto Supreme. Where exactly is it? I know where Cafe 58 is. It sounds like it is somewhere close to that. Can anyone provide me a location and a description.

If anyone is riding around Monroe or Brown County this weekend I'd love to hear about it. I have no internet access at my place (I'm in town at the moment) but can get email on my iPhone. Drop me a line at bmwlou@aol.com if you are heading out this weekend.

In any case, I hope everyone gets in some miles this weekend.