Dave and LoveShack: A Season of Firsts.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by iDave, Dec 31, 2012.

1. kevinsinvegas

kevinsinvegas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great RR my first iDave RR, gives me inspiration to write some of my own. We have a lot in common, Weestrom, love of cigars and Makers, but didn't get so lucky in the wife department. You are a very fortunate to have found iJulie.

Definitely IN! :D
  2. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Well heck Dave, I saw this report early on but decided to wait till you had a few pages down before getting into it as I knew I would be glued till the end. Sounds like a heck of a trip. :clap:clap:clap The open road and the interesting people along the way are what makes a trip to me. Things to ponder and wonder during the boring miles you have to encounter getting to the exciting sMiles ( as Voni Glaves would say). You're story at present has you about 42 miles from my home on I-10. I-49 is a trip in it's self with nothing for a long ways after Alexandria to Shreveport and I-20 to the big cities. But, the 75 mph speed limit helps a bit here ;-) . Safe travels and keep it coming. Jury Duty > Hmmmm > after a visit to see a judge once for skipping it, I never skipped again. ha ha ha ha ha .
  3. Serbchaser

Serbchaser Chasin' the Serb

Oddometer:
    This train will be rolling out of the station soon. While I know exactly where we're heading next, I'm not exactly sure how we're gonna get there. My options are seemingly endless at the moment. I could introduce Cody. I could reintroduce Abby. I could introduce the phone call that randomly streamed into my conscious while smoking a Camel after filling LoveShack at the Shell station in Lafayette. Or I could dive right into the deep and introduce another interstate, while wondering just how the fuck I'm gonna get out of jury duty tomorrow. No, really. Thanks for tuning in :thumb.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Introduce them all. :deal we want all the iDave material. :deal bring it on...:clap:freaky:freaky:clap
  4. Reverend12

Reverend12 Well there it is..

Oddometer:
    :clap PM sent
  5. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    Rick's Rendezvous. I'm leading a ride Friday and sweeping for Mike Saturday, but if you come down I'll make sure I show you around some of my old stomping grounds. I'll even treat you to a BBQ lunch.
  6. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Extroverted Loner

Oddometer:
    Dave,
    As usual I'm late to the story. Glad I found you are still kickin' and more importantly still riding and writing. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip. Take care my friend.
    Mike
  7. rycomm

rycomm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here I have been thinking everything on ADV has been a little quiet for the winter, but somehow I've missed an iDave report for a month.

Thanks for taking the time to share, it makes me appreciate what I sometimes take for granted.

Ryan
  8. Fireman1000

Fireman1000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't say enough how much I enjoy reading your ride reports Dave. They are so much more to me than words and pictures on an internet forum. Thanks.
  9. JaxObsessed

JaxObsessed Aggressively pedantic about objective truth=Woke.

Oddometer:
    :lurk :D
    Mornin Dave. :wave
  10. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was giddy beyond description. The photo was posted on FB along with something like,
    “Everything’s BIG in Texas, even the birds. Three hours to Abby’s house.”

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Thanks for the am read! Well done. :clap
  11. Casey.

Casey. Nerd on a bike

Oddometer:
    "August Burns Red" - apparently they both like metal? :D I'm also a fan.
  12. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    Nice. Short, simple, and to the point.

If Haley and I ever have a little girl I fully intend to be cleaning every gun I own in the living room when they come by to pick her up.

Why?

If they're scared shitless then I know they won't last. If they smile and say, "Oh, nice collection. I love the smell of Hoppe's Bore Solvent," I'll know he's the one for her.

:lurk
  13. capeklr

capeklr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome and judging by Cody's response he certainly respects you.
    Dave and Julie the two of you are blessed to have an awesome family.
    Jorg.
  14. blacktruck

blacktruck Shiftless

Oddometer:
    Not quite Arkansas but I can see it from here.
    Top of the day there Dave..
    Relatively new guy to the forum. I've traveled many of the same roads you have been talking about here. Even driven on those same highways too on a number of occasions. I hope the visit with your daughter is just as good as the visit with your son. You have every reason to be a proud dad. The comments made by others makes me think I'm going to look up your past RRs. Seems to be a favorite of many. I'm sure enjoying this one and will be looking for more in the days ahead. Keep writing and traveling man.
    Stay safe and have a great trip..
  15. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    iDave is the perfect example of "It's not the destination, it's the journey." His journeys are more introspective and more meaningful than any others I have read. I would rather read one of Dave's RRs - and see how he views the world and interacts with people he meets, Julie and his kids than an epic RTW trip.

I meant it when I said I wanted to be like Dave when I grew up. He can take more from a casual interaction than I ever could. He is an inspiration.
  16. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man

Oddometer:

well said. :deal
  17. redog1

redog1 KTM 950se old fart

Oddometer:
    I remember one of the first RR's I read of yours was the trip you took with Abby. Awesome, Your little girl has grown up and it appears that you and iJulie did a fantasic job. Kudos to you both. The adventure just keeps unfolding! :clap
  18. Reverend12

Reverend12 Well there it is..

Oddometer:
  19. rascalman

rascalman GhostRider, the clock is ticking

Oddometer:
    :thumb True to all iDave reports, open and raw feelings. Great job on the rescue, Dad !!
  20. kingofZroad

kingofZroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love your writing style!!