Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. bingbong

bingbong Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally managed to get the 600 mile service done today, which means I'm finally off the leash :norton the ride back along some of my favoured roads in sport mode was,,, erm, Interesting :lol3. I always had the opinion that traction control was a fun spoiler and not needed. Well I'm about to eat my words as it made me feel a little more relaxed today when getting the rear squirming and sliding a little in the dry :D and what's up with these 3rd gear power wheelies? I'm sure the EU parliament are working on new legislation to save us from ourselves. :lol3. What a mad bike. Love it.
    :evil
  2. Pampero

Pampero Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me too! Mine is a blast, a great pleasure to ride, all the gain, so little pain. It looks better and better to me. I just wish I was in Northern California so I could use it more this winter:evil. I sense a move coming in the next year or two!
  3. bingbong

Oddometer:
    The attraction of sunshine and dry roads cannot be under estimated. :D good luck with the house hunting.
  4. Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

Oddometer:
    Bring your wallet....and sellable body parts.....housing prices here are back to OMG levels. :eek1

-SM
  5. llamapacker

llamapacker Mr. Conservative

Oddometer:
    I'll 2nd that! LOL :rofl
  6. Pampero

Oddometer:
    It won't be San Francisco. Been there, done that....GTTS. :lol3

A nice shack north of Santa Rosa (where some of my family are) would do. We have some trade goods, probably enough to make it work out if we're not too greedy, and we don't need much.
    I'm just talking out my ass anyway. :poser

I lived in the Bay Area for ten of the best years of my life, but I don't need to be anywhere in particular as I don't need to earn a living anymore. We can maybe use that to some advantage. But apart from too many people, not enough water and the risk of devastating quakes (all of which we have here except for the water part) there is no better place than northern California especially if you love to ride and like the style, which we do. I would like to be able to ride on any given afternoon; your winters ain't bupkes compared to the crap we get for weather here.

There's a reason your RE is so expensive. It's worth it!
  7. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    Garberville perhaps ? Lol
  8. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hooked 'em up today. I'm currently (ahem) running them from the battery with a 10a fuse - but did a check on the right rear 12v socket. Handy that you can just pull the connector and feed it back under the bodywork. It is switched with the ignition.
    Question for anyone else who may have fitted grips. Can i just leave the - earth hooked up to the battery and connect the pos to the feed on the accessory socket?
  9. bingbong

Oddometer:
    Well, in theory you should be ok leaving the ground to earth return (conventional electron theory) at the battery as the power socket should only be 'switched' by the can-bus or whatever Ducati calls it, so the 'load' ( heated grips) draws current from the supply system. If your grips work ok the circuit is complete. A fuse to protect for over current and you are done.
    Of course someone might be along any second to prove why I am mistaken in my theory. :D
  10. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    Well, it's not an old Triumph with a positive earth. The rest of the world labels ground negative, which assumes the flow of positive charge carriers, not negatively charged electrons.
  11. Pampero

Oddometer:
    A bit too far north! Seriously though........have a daughter in Santa Rosa so somewhere up there would work, but I think not Santa Rosa. It's all just talk, but the war department would love to go back to California.
  12. Rcadd1ct

Rcadd1ct Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Only question is the ground direct or switched?
  13. Andreazz

Andreazz Adventurer

Oddometer:

In accordance with the electrical diagram, they are direct grounded. There are only two wires to each heater, and the black one can be traced back to the negative connection to the battery. The other wire goes into the instrument panel.
  14. Andreazz

Andreazz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New member from Norway saying hello:wave Here is my 2012 Multistrada S Touring that I got in april. Riding season is over now, so the pictures from this summer is what keeping me alive:norton
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Cos

Cos Re-Greekified

Oddometer:
    Coming from Cyprus, i think i'd have a mental breakdown because my mind can't reconcile "summer" and "snow" :lol3:lol3:lol3

Nice pics :thumb, hope to come out that way soon.
  16. Andreazz

Andreazz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hehe, I can see that:rofl But that was maybe not my best SUMMER pictures.. This is high up in the Norwegian mountains, almoust 1500meter above sea level.
  17. Rcadd1ct

Rcadd1ct Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well there ya go.

Thanks. :super
  18. bingbong

Oddometer:
    It was originally thought that electrons flow from positive to negative. Benjamin Franklin proved that this was incorrect, electrons flow from negative to positive in fact but as we were so far down the road of having an agreed international standard for marking of battery terminals and other items it was decided that no change would be made but we would give the term, 'conventional' electron flow to what we all believed, and the reality was termed 'electron flow' to stop confusion.
    Interesting innit :D
  19. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    Technically, the Brits have it right with + earth on vintage Triumphs and the like. It reminds me of when then Pres. Johnson revealed to the public the SR-71. Lockheed actually named the plane RS-71, but didn't correct him to avoid embarrassment.
  20. bingbong

Oddometer:
    This is why I love this forum. I didn't know that.