Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Ross Shafer

Ross Shafer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your help with the axle block pics guys!
  2. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I look at it more like the bike needs nothing but a rider. Selling a bike with current tags, inspection and all maintenance current including an oil change if needed means the new buyer shouldn't have to touch it for a couple thousand miles. Your bike doesn't actually need an oil change now so different, just tell them date and mileage above when last done and they will know you maintain properly and on schedule.

_
  3. Aey dubya

Aey dubya Thumper Humper

Oddometer:
    Don't Want to sound like a mom here, but make sure you guys are beveling the edges when doing aluminum. It is prone to poor penetration and you might end up doing it again. On the up side if you didn't you can take a cutting disc to the back side of the joint then back weld it.
    :freaky
  4. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
    Just thought I'd drop a quick line here about how pleased I am with this new to me '08 610.

I did the resistor/performance upgrade complete with an Uptite Exhaust and the bike is straight rippin now. It feels like a totally different bike from stock. The Uptite Exhaust is really nice. I also put on a seat concepts seat, big improvement.

Quick question: How do I stop the front brake from squealing? Is this something specific to the 610? I tried some of that disk brake quiet, but it didn't work; perhaps I did it wrong.

Would new brake pads do the fix?

Thanks.
  5. StolenFant

StolenFant Life is good on this side of the grass Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who needs a brake? Close the throttle, and the TE engine braking will nearly throw you over the bars :lol3
    Actually, never had a squealing issue, and do use the front brakes quote hard off road. Enjoy it. They're fantastic bikes! I'm gonna have to update the mileage in my classified ad. I keep sneaking out for little rides after work.

6. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    My front brakes make noise too. Did from day 1.
  7. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got my Moty battery today. It's the new design that fits in the tray better than the shrink wrapped ones. It's high impact plastic and weighs 1.5lbs. [​IMG][​IMG] I wedged some foam around it and its snug as a bug in a rug. Seems like a high quality product!

Specs if anyone's interested [​IMG]
  8. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a PDF of torque specs for the bike? I can't find anything out there. Pulled the suspension off to revalve and don't know what to tighten the stuff back up to.
  9. tunp

tunp Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    rear shock bolt 38.5 lbs
    fork triple tree bolts 18.4 lbs
    rear wheel 100lbs
    front wheel 38 lbs
    brake caliper 18.5 lbs
  10. Aey dubya

Aey dubya Thumper Humper

Oddometer:
    My bike wailed so loud at stop lights it was embarrassing. Three years latter on my third set of pads it stopped. Sorry I cant remember what brand they were. I usually buy a step or two above the cheapest on things.:freaky
  11. His Pistolship

Oddometer:
    Alright, ordering new pads. "Wailing.." is a good word for it.
  12. Aey dubya

Aey dubya Thumper Humper

Oddometer:
    On the subjected of TE flaws. I upgraded to a hydraulic clutch, and though Georges kit is vary pretty, I just got a universal Magura kit and with about 20min, a drill, a cutting disc, and a pair of vice grips I had my own mount for the case. $$:wink:$$
  13. His Pistolship

Oddometer:
    Do tell...
  14. motopreserve

motopreserve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Even new pads can squeak and cause a headache. The sound comes from the the pads vibrating against the rotor at a certain frequency - like all sound, just not as pretty as a piano or guitar (or pan flute if that's your bag) :) That's why people often get new or worse sounds after installing new pads. It's just a situation of a new vibration creating a new frequency. I have even had it happen after removing the wheel and reinstalling it, without changing anything but an inner tube.

There have been many options for trying to control this issue - "special grease" that goes behind the brake pad, and EBC will even send you a free pack of "damnpening pads" that you install with new brake pads. They don't advertise it - but once I heard about it, a simple email request had them on their way from EBC, no charge.

The bottom line is all or none of these things may work. Or, you could remove the pads/wheel/caliper (one or all), reinstall them without changing or adding a thing, and have no sound at all.
  15. Aey dubya

Aey dubya Thumper Humper

Oddometer:
    If your bike doesn't break clutch cables I would'nt worry (or do anything) about it. It seems like they either do or they don't. My friend has a dealership and knocked it out for me so If you want to do this I can get the info from him. His opinion was that the 2oz aluminum piece from George was a rip off. (Just the messenger here George fans)
  16. Aey dubya

Aey dubya Thumper Humper

Oddometer:
    There's truth in what your saying But, 3yrs wailing 2yrs quite, says it's worth a shot.
  17. motopreserve

Oddometer:
    There is no doubt it's worth trying. I'm an audio engineer, just a peep drives me bonkers. I believe what you say about your experience - but as a contrast, I swapped the silent pads on my 35 year old Honda (I wouldn't be shocked if they were original!), and had the worst racket. Disassembled the caliper, regreased the parts, and they were back to perfect. It's a frustrating mess - but one you can monkey with to eventually get rid of....if you're lucky :)
  18. Aey dubya

Aey dubya Thumper Humper

Oddometer:
    I do remember that if I knew I was going to give a ride to a girl I would use light sand paper on the rotor. It would buy you until the next nights bike's rest.:evil
  19. motopreserve

Oddometer:
    Now that's smart thinkin'
  20. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Does the clutch cable run on the inside of the right Radiator near the frame ?