South Flatistan

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Eickey, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
    Dan
    Keep an eye on the SW Florida page. I try to get out every weekend to ride somewhere. Sometimes I go on my DRZ400 or on the 1200GS. I've been through some crazy stuff here on the GS. There are some challenging areas to ride.
    Keep in touch. Where are you located?
  2. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year to you too!! I did a little riding yesterday around the Redlands. I picked up a 2001 DR650SE with only 1300 miles for $1625!! Just got it Saturday, so yesterday I fixed a few little light issues, got a new tag and went to play!!! Wow what a difference off road, so much easier to handle than the GSA. Much easier to pick up and point in the right direction when it decides to take a nap also!~! That will make 2 NYE in a row that I have some kind of contact with a tree.........ugh!
  3. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    lol!!
  4. Irish Xplor

Irish Xplor Irish Xplor'r

Oddometer:
    I'm located in Plantation. I will look on SW Florida page too.

Rode a couple days this week. Love the "winter weather" down here.
  5. Jim_C

Jim_C Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I rode my Scrambler to Alabama Jacks today. Beautiful weather. Departed from Davie. US 27 to Krome , etc.
    Alabama's was packed to the gills.
  6. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a "Cruiser" post.:1drink
  7. Jim_C

Jim_C Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oops, won't happen again. I'm too old and fragile for dirt.
  8. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOL>.......too funny.....but play nice!!!!

my email tag line:
    Some people ride to enjoy life, some ride to travel, and some people ride to bars.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Farkling of the DR650 is underway....mostly stuff really needed like a more comfortable seat, handlebar risers, skid plate, not so obstrusive turn signals, small rag for the back end and a tailbag.
  9. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

Seat Concepts for the seat. Just Gas Tanks in the vendors area offers an ADV discount and free shipping. :deal

I got one for my XR650R and it's more comfy than the Corbin on my DRZ.

For risers & skid plate... I usually get my stuff @ Rocky Mountain ATV.

I got a set of these turn signals for my V-Strom and I'll be buying a set for my DRZ. The stalks are flexible, they don't stick out as far, and aren't as big as the stockers.

Check out manracks.com for a rack. He an inmate on ADV. :wink:

Happy farkling. :clap
  10. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seat concepts on the way already. Along with skid plate, risers, slim line rear light and license plate light/holder, stash box to mount on license plate holder, Pat Walsh rack, moose racing tail bag, wrench and tire tool combo, carb kit, all from procycle. Comparable costs to other sides and was one stop shopping for pretty much everything I wanted for now.

used keintech for a tool tube and simple stand. Will probably use them for the IMS tank. They have the tank in colors and they have the DR decals to put on so the tank ain't so ugly. But don't need the tank right away, the DR is for short trips.

Looking at a madstad engineering windscreen also.

mounts for my zumo 550 on the way also.

yep.....a new money pit!!!
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    You might want to consider my dualsport fairing if you are looking for more protection. Simple install and you get some awesome lighting! Shoot me a PM or email sandjoh@gmail.com. Heck I'll install it for free if you want to come up to CFL.

[​IMG]
  12. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

+1

The lights are unbelievable at night! :deal

Here's what it looks like on my XRR...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    email sent.......from my work addy.

A
  14. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    WOW! Andy, you don't waste any time getting the extras, do you? Should be a fun bike when you get it on or off the road!
  15. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Helps I got the bike cheap! Not doing expensive stuff like the suspension work for a while. Save up cash for that!!!!
  16. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Sure does but it sounds like fun. :D
  17. sanpau

sanpau Love to Ride

Oddometer:
    Last day of freedom for awhile.....school starts back tomorrow....I am off for a ride I will check out the park to see if any familiar faces are there....

Let me know if anyone has some planned rides....Wanker Ride to Everglades City Jan 26th-27th......

You can also check out the DixieDualSport site.....

LMK:ear
  18. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    I sure wouldn't mind meetin ya for a ride some day - I'm sure you're a great guy, excellent rider, masterful travel-mate and all, but the real reason is that I'd like to sit on a DR650 aftermarket seat, lol.

I once sat on what seemed a 1" lower (by special order) Corbin on a dealership's used DR650, but something was really, really off about it. It was as if someone used a new Corbon outside, but stuffed it with a cheaper foam inside. It was nothing like any Corbin I've ever seen, nor like the Corbin I own for my other bike.

Sorry San, but I'm working today. What a great day to be out riding though!
  19. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:

working........me too! sucks since its so nice out. Would much rather be riding in the morning and then lounging around the pool in the afternoon!!!

no prob on the seat sitting......I went with the seat concepts because there is a bunch of good press about on here and the price was right.
  20. mitch96

mitch96 .

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    Need a little help. I have not ridden in the dirt for many years. Going to Prudhoe bay this June and I want to play in some gravel before the trip to get my skills up..

Anybody have a spot that would not piss off the locals??

Retiring in a few weeks (yes,I'm a geezer) and as the saying goes..... "They only wind the clock but once!!!" Gonna do it a little weird. We are going to go from Prudhoe bay THEN to key west. My long time riding buddy got turned back 2x on his attemps so he wants to make sure he gets to Prudhoe bay since getting to KW is easy living in Florida.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

mitch in Hollyweird..