Dakar 2013-quick snippets

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Chrisbarnes1, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Chrisbarnes1

Chrisbarnes1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hows about we start a thread for our favourites just to give small bits of info as the race unfolds? I know that No 168 (LP-Pyndon) and No 51 (Simon Pavey) , for example, have their own pages, blogs, twitter feeds and so on , but personally just getting a quick catch up in one place every evening would be great. Could include any TV coverage times (Eurosport summaries etc).

Regards, CB
  2. Seppo

Seppo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A local guy is having his second try at the dakar this year.
    last year, he had a massive engine breakdown before the rest day. but ktm repaired his engine (450 rally) and so he´s trying again this year.
    in 2012 he was number 170, Ferdinand Kreidl
    in 2013 he is number 125....still Ferdinand Kreidl
  3. Chrisbarnes1

Oddometer:
    We also have (because I'm a Brit!):
    Craig Bounds No 107-KTM -I think?
    Sam Sunderland No 22-Honda
    James West No 24-Sherco
    Stanley Watt No 43-KTM
    This year they are going North to South on the West coast with a quick trip over the Andes and back about half way through--starting in Lima with lots of sand.
    CB
  4. Gale B.T.

Gale B.T. Long timer

Oddometer:
    European and UK coverage of Dakar is 100 times better than what I get here . I search all sources just for any updates. F5 button and ADV is my best bet.

We have some US and Canuck riders going again and for how many years I cannot count, I will have a Pavey # plastered on the workshop wall. I got Jonah Steet's autograph on my Riff Raff jacket so that will have to do since he will not ride this '013.

Best of luck to all the riders!
    gale
  5. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    Apart from the unbelievable Dakar frenzy down in the Racing Forum, we'll be sure to follow Pyn and Si and others like Manuel Lucchese and Sam Sunderland closely through every checkpoint, every minute of the race.

If you're new to following the Dakar in the Racing Forum, there will be 2 main threads: The official coverage thread aka "The Firehose", which will have hundreds of posts every day and a "cliff notes thread", where the Racing mods will cut and paste the most important posts from the firehose for those who can't follow every second. The threads will be opened shortly before the start.

PackMule and myself are running @RallyRaidio on Twitter, while Doyle runs @RallyRaidReview. Pyn and Si will no doubt be in spotlight on these channels as well.
  6. Chrisbarnes1

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that---great info that I didn't know about--I guess maybe we all ought to gravitate to this in due course--I really don't mind as long as I can keep up to date.

Regards, CB