2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. bigboyxl

bigboyxl Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Just looking at those PowerParts catalogue prices I cannot even imagine how much would they want for the possible extended fuel tank...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. iasudoru

iasudoru Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think that it isn't a larger tank. I think that volume it's the same but the shepe is different, wide in bottom. I think that KTM is fixing heat problems.
    There's a greater distance between front cylinder and the internal tank surface. I believe that are improving the flow of air for a better cooling.
    In a photograph of the front suspension is written "SEMI-ACTIVE" WP SUSPENSION.

Finally, what good are the two buttons on the right handlebar?

[​IMG]
    <textarea style="height: 80px; width: 444px; border: 1px solid grey; padding: 2px;"></textarea><select><option value="af">Afrikaans</option><option value="sq">Albanian</option><option value="ar">Arabic</option><option value="hy">Armenian</option><option value="az">Azerbaijani</option><option value="eu">Basque</option><option value="be">Belarusian</option><option value="bg">Bulgarian</option><option value="ca">Catalan</option><option value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)</option><option value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)</option><option value="hr">Croatian</option><option value="cs">Czech</option><option value="da">Danish</option><option value="auto" selected="selected">Detect language</option><option value="nl">Dutch</option><option value="en">English</option><option value="et">Estonian</option><option value="tl">Filipino</option><option value="fi">Finnish</option><option value="fr">French</option><option value="gl">Galician</option><option value="ka">Georgian</option><option value="de">German</option><option value="el">Greek</option><option value="ht">Haitian Creole</option><option value="iw">Hebrew</option><option value="hi">Hindi</option><option value="hu">Hungarian</option><option value="is">Icelandic</option><option value="id">Indonesian</option><option value="ga">Irish</option><option value="it">Italian</option><option value="ja">Japanese</option><option value="ko">Korean</option><option value="la">Latin</option><option value="lv">Latvian</option><option value="lt">Lithuanian</option><option value="mk">Macedonian</option><option value="ms">Malay</option><option value="mt">Maltese</option><option value="no">Norwegian</option><option value="fa">Persian</option><option value="pl">Polish</option><option value="pt">Portuguese</option><option value="ro">Romanian</option><option value="ru">Russian</option><option value="sr">Serbian</option><option value="sk">Slovak</option><option value="sl">Slovenian</option><option value="es">Spanish</option><option value="sw">Swahili</option><option value="sv">Swedish</option><option value="th">Thai</option><option value="tr">Turkish</option><option value="uk">Ukrainian</option><option value="ur">Urdu</option><option value="vi">Vietnamese</option><option value="cy">Welsh</option><option value="yi">Yiddish</option></select>&#8644;<select><option value="af">Afrikaans</option><option value="sq">Albanian</option><option value="ar">Arabic</option><option value="hy">Armenian</option><option value="az">Azerbaijani</option><option value="eu">Basque</option><option value="be">Belarusian</option><option value="bg">Bulgarian</option><option value="ca">Catalan</option><option value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)</option><option value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)</option><option value="hr">Croatian</option><option value="cs">Czech</option><option value="da">Danish</option><option value="nl">Dutch</option><option value="en">English</option><option value="et">Estonian</option><option value="tl">Filipino</option><option value="fi">Finnish</option><option value="fr">French</option><option value="gl">Galician</option><option value="ka">Georgian</option><option value="de">German</option><option value="el">Greek</option><option value="ht">Haitian Creole</option><option value="iw">Hebrew</option><option value="hi">Hindi</option><option value="hu">Hungarian</option><option value="is">Icelandic</option><option value="id">Indonesian</option><option value="ga">Irish</option><option value="it" selected="selected">Italian</option><option value="ja">Japanese</option><option value="ko">Korean</option><option value="la">Latin</option><option value="lv">Latvian</option><option value="lt">Lithuanian</option><option value="mk">Macedonian</option><option value="ms">Malay</option><option value="mt">Maltese</option><option value="no">Norwegian</option><option value="fa">Persian</option><option value="pl">Polish</option><option value="pt">Portuguese</option><option value="ro">Romanian</option><option value="ru">Russian</option><option value="sr">Serbian</option><option value="sk">Slovak</option><option value="sl">Slovenian</option><option value="es">Spanish</option><option value="sw">Swahili</option><option value="sv">Swedish</option><option value="th">Thai</option><option value="tr">Turkish</option><option value="uk">Ukrainian</option><option value="ur">Urdu</option><option value="vi">Vietnamese</option><option value="cy">Welsh</option><option value="yi">Yiddish</option></select>
    English (auto-detected) ยป Italian​

3. dragos

dragos Master of disaster.

Oddometer:
    They'll probably differentiate more between the Touring and R models.
  4. OrangeV

OrangeV Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the above 1190 may be a rip off, of something else...:lol3
    strange stuff that...
  5. Barekat

Barekat Looking to get dirty

Oddometer:
  6. BigMan73

BigMan73 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    the bike is comfortable for my 6''5', yet I liked that it feels light and narrow, almost the same 'form factor' as a tiger 800. The BMW GSA 1200 seemed much heavier and larger.
    All the controls were arranged very intuitively, and it felt natural after 5 minutes.

The engine is powerful but a bit rough. Coming from a DL650, I got used to a smoother engine.
    honestly, I expected a stronger feel. It pulled strong but not the way I thought it would. A bit of a disappointment there. MSC was on all the time, and perhaps it tamed the beast. I was afraid of power wheelies in 1-3 gears, but they never really came even when opening the throttle strong.

I didn't get to really test the suspension, but I didn't also recall any issues with it.

The biggest concern I have is heat - My legs were toasted after 20 minutes, and it was only ~65F. I had jeans underneath riding pants. With the DL650 (riding to the dealer) my legs were a little cold.
    I can't even imaging how it would be in 95F+ or after 2 hours of riding.
    It was really bad. I read here that someone fabricated some workaround solution, but it seems alarming that KTM releasing a bike with such an issue. I'm not spoiled at all, and typically not very picky.

I really want to love this bike, but after the test ride, I'm not sure this is the bike for me.
    Waiting to hear your opinions.
  7. paturoa

paturoa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Electric screen height adjustment too. See the teeth on the new shaped vertical rods.

Edit: no center stand, must have broken.....
  8. iasudoru

iasudoru Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think it's manual. There is a wheel that is rotated to raise and lower the windshield
    The teeth are made &#8203;&#8203;to be able to operate with one hand and then without stopping.
    <textarea style="height: 80px; width: 444px; border: 1px solid grey; padding: 2px;"></textarea><select><option value="af">Afrikaans</option><option value="sq">Albanian</option><option value="ar">Arabic</option><option value="hy">Armenian</option><option value="az">Azerbaijani</option><option value="eu">Basque</option><option value="be">Belarusian</option><option value="bg">Bulgarian</option><option value="ca">Catalan</option><option value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)</option><option value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)</option><option value="hr">Croatian</option><option value="cs">Czech</option><option value="da">Danish</option><option value="auto" selected="selected">Detect language</option><option value="nl">Dutch</option><option value="en">English</option><option value="et">Estonian</option><option value="tl">Filipino</option><option value="fi">Finnish</option><option value="fr">French</option><option value="gl">Galician</option><option value="ka">Georgian</option><option value="de">German</option><option value="el">Greek</option><option value="ht">Haitian Creole</option><option value="iw">Hebrew</option><option value="hi">Hindi</option><option value="hu">Hungarian</option><option value="is">Icelandic</option><option value="id">Indonesian</option><option value="ga">Irish</option><option value="it">Italian</option><option value="ja">Japanese</option><option value="ko">Korean</option><option value="la">Latin</option><option value="lv">Latvian</option><option value="lt">Lithuanian</option><option value="mk">Macedonian</option><option value="ms">Malay</option><option value="mt">Maltese</option><option value="no">Norwegian</option><option value="fa">Persian</option><option value="pl">Polish</option><option value="pt">Portuguese</option><option value="ro">Romanian</option><option value="ru">Russian</option><option value="sr">Serbian</option><option value="sk">Slovak</option><option value="sl">Slovenian</option><option value="es">Spanish</option><option value="sw">Swahili</option><option value="sv">Swedish</option><option value="th">Thai</option><option value="tr">Turkish</option><option value="uk">Ukrainian</option><option value="ur">Urdu</option><option value="vi">Vietnamese</option><option value="cy">Welsh</option><option value="yi">Yiddish</option></select>&#8644;<select><option value="af">Afrikaans</option><option value="sq">Albanian</option><option value="ar">Arabic</option><option value="hy">Armenian</option><option value="az">Azerbaijani</option><option value="eu">Basque</option><option value="be">Belarusian</option><option value="bg">Bulgarian</option><option value="ca">Catalan</option><option value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)</option><option value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)</option><option value="hr">Croatian</option><option value="cs">Czech</option><option value="da">Danish</option><option value="nl">Dutch</option><option value="en">English</option><option value="et">Estonian</option><option value="tl">Filipino</option><option value="fi">Finnish</option><option value="fr">French</option><option value="gl">Galician</option><option value="ka">Georgian</option><option value="de">German</option><option value="el">Greek</option><option value="ht">Haitian Creole</option><option value="iw">Hebrew</option><option value="hi">Hindi</option><option value="hu">Hungarian</option><option value="is">Icelandic</option><option value="id">Indonesian</option><option value="ga">Irish</option><option value="it" selected="selected">Italian</option><option value="ja">Japanese</option><option value="ko">Korean</option><option value="la">Latin</option><option value="lv">Latvian</option><option value="lt">Lithuanian</option><option value="mk">Macedonian</option><option value="ms">Malay</option><option value="mt">Maltese</option><option value="no">Norwegian</option><option value="fa">Persian</option><option value="pl">Polish</option><option value="pt">Portuguese</option><option value="ro">Romanian</option><option value="ru">Russian</option><option value="sr">Serbian</option><option value="sk">Slovak</option><option value="sl">Slovenian</option><option value="es">Spanish</option><option value="sw">Swahili</option><option value="sv">Swedish</option><option value="th">Thai</option><option value="tr">Turkish</option><option value="uk">Ukrainian</option><option value="ur">Urdu</option><option value="vi">Vietnamese</option><option value="cy">Welsh</option><option value="yi">Yiddish</option></select>
    English (auto-detected) ยป Italian​

9. paturoa

paturoa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ah yes for manual, in the pic in post 6578 above, it looks like a big knob on the right hand side. If it is then, doh, should have put it on the left hand side so you don't have to stretch across with your right arm or take your hand off the throttle.
  10. ShawnS

ShawnS KTM nOOb

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,

Just got my new grey adventure today and I LOVE it! Thanks to all the information on here it really helped me narrow down my choices and put my first KTM in the driveway. I'm moving from a toured up VFR 800 - I can't beleive how much more comfortable it is!
    Hoping someone can help me with something. I purchased the KTM touring bags with the bike that fit to the standard mounts - but I didn't get my dealer to show me how to remove them - and sadly I can't figure it out. I turn the key to the left and the little KTM end cap pops out and unlocks but I can't get the bags off the bike. What's the secret?

Thanks for your insight.
    Shawn
  11. kag

kag Wander Lust

Oddometer:
    The end cap pops out but pull on it also to ensure it is fully unlocked then slide the bag to the rear of the bike until the bag slot piece on the bottom front of the case clears the plastic/rubber pocket near the passenger foot rest area. Once that is done tilt the bag up, pull the front of the case towards you and slide it forward and off. Sounds difficult but once you do it a time or two its very easy.
  12. Bigem

Bigem Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had my first service done last week and a bunch of TIs carried out, cost me $290. Gold laced oil apparently!! :evil:evil:evil
  13. OrangeV

OrangeV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good onya Champ, great to get the first service out of the way.
    Now the real fun begins... 5k and upwards give it a go..:D
    My bike has 5,800 Km's. I'm riding to Bright Victoria on Friday for 3 nights.
    After that I will let the shop do another oil and filter. :clap
  14. ShawnS

ShawnS KTM nOOb

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much! I got them off with your instructions. I was being too gentle.
  15. ShawnS

ShawnS KTM nOOb

Oddometer:
  16. irongrady

irongrady Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think they will fit fine. I have a universal mount ktm bag on my R and the fit is great.
  17. irongrady

Oddometer:
  18. Todd-Squad

Todd-Squad See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer:
    Very nice stable of bikes, and sweet garage!
  19. 4corners14

4corners14 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    ....it looks more like an "operating room" ! :lol3

20. irongrady

Oddometer:

It's a little of both... I spend more time in there than the living room so I try and keep it nice.