DR350 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by leonphelps, May 16, 2007.

1. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Rode2Nowhere
    Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,900

Nice pics looks like a blast! I want one of your loop bags for my 350. Got a link to the ride report?
  2. N.dica

N.dica Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone, im searching for a rear wheel with a cush drive. If anyone is looking to get rid of one im looking to buy. Pm me, cheers!
  3. trippda

trippda Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just thought I would start off my first post with a pic of my bike in Sedona, AZ. Just about to move back to Washington, so i'll be missing sunshine like this.

Cheers to all the dr350 riders out there!!

[​IMG]
  4. mustangwagz

mustangwagz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got my clarke tank on the bike. Woot. Had to modify decomp like bender did, didnt have to space mounts out, but i did have to cut a little of stock tank mount. (mainly where it came close to tank by the bolt holes that have the welded on nuts, but just corners were removed) Had to adjust my cables a little bit inwards so i had ample clearance. i used my stock petcock...mainly cuz it hasn't gave me issues, so why fiddle with it? (someday it will though....all suzuki's do eventually. lol (all 4 i've ever owned had vac style petcocks on em, and all eventually gave me issues.) anyhow, had to remove a fin on head, and then modify part of one but as i said, no big issues with the tank. If only someone made graphics for them, i'd be happy. lol (may have to find someone around here to make them??..) i do wanna get some ADV stickers though too so that'll help let others know who i am and where i gather..lol

i also did some chain roller work..(i know...your thinking oh great, here we go..lol) but nothing to major, removed bottom bolt, drilled and tapped it for a grease fitting and made sure that insides of roller bearings were exposed to allow grease to get in. will it help?.. probably....thats the idea of grease. lol will it hurt?....maybe? only time will tell. but in MY mind, i'd say i did just fine. lol FWIW, the hole that feeds the grease is rather small, 1/8th inch drill bit for my passage, then i just had to go a little bigger for the fitting. its a slow feeding process while greasing, but its fine by me! lol
  5. slartidbartfast

slartidbartfast Life is for good friends and great adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
    Welcome to ADV Rider!

You lucky bastard! I'd absolutely LOVE to be riding out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EI7p2p1QJI
  6. trippda

trippda Adventurer

Oddometer:

Mustang,

I have been looking into a bigger gas tank as well, but have not done much research regarding the subject yet. What is the decomp modification you are referring to? forgive my ignorance, but those after market plastic tanks do not have reserve tanks do they?
  7. devo2002

devo2002 Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. trippda

trippda Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. mustangwagz

mustangwagz Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Decomp mod is where ya shave a little off the decomp lever that sticks outta the head. also, your amt of reserve is determined by your petcock length pretty much, but if you use stock petcock, it'll be about the same as usual. look up greg bender's Write up on the clarke tank. if you search back a few pages on this thread, you'll see where he replied to me about the writeup he did when i mentioned a getting a tank. check him out, he did a good write up!
  10. Greg Bender

Greg Bender Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here you go:

http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/dr350.htm#gtb_clarke_tank

Regards,

Gregory Bender
  11. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    UPDATE: a small bolt fell off the shifter and fell down inside the case. On its way down it chipped a tooth on the oil pump. Everything else is OK. Replace oil pump gear, change oil, new gasket around case and new screw with loctite will take care of it. I was glad to see the transmission is ok.
  12. asander1

asander1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

I have a pumper carb question. I am cleaning one up to put on my S model bike and the previous owner had purposely clogged up the main air jet. What effect does this give, just makes it richer? Cheap way without changing the main jet or something? There is also an extra hole in the airbox to open it up a bit if that matters.

The previous owner was a major cheapskate judging by the random piece of foam in the airbox (no actual filter) and the baling wire holding several parts on! Thanks in advance!

Also ~ I am giving away a few DR350 parts in the flea market, and selling a complete S model charging system for those looking to upgrade their dirt bikes, plus some other parts: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799659

Thanks!
  13. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have one on my 350, works great. I mounted it in place of the stock tool box.

Sent from my brain cell expander known as an iPad
  14. devo2002

devo2002 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eyeye captain rick, that's all I needed to hear!

Edit: $5 a tube but $11 for shipping!!! I ordered 3 instead and the shipping stayed the same FYI, I'll see if I can put one on either side under the rear rack!
  15. Greg Bender

Greg Bender Long timer

Oddometer:
    No purpose that I know of. My new pumper works fantastic with the stock settings (though my old one was leaking air around the slide and needed a larger main jet). I'd take the time (and small expense) to make it right. You might also want to check the jets for being drilled out. Very hard to know which way to go with a jet drilled by someone else.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Gregory Bender
  16. boardforever

boardforever Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have one of the agri supply tubes, but have not yet played with figuring out how to mount it on my DR. Does anybody have any pictures of how they mounted the tube? Or is anyone on here making brackets?
  17. rubberband

rubberband Will ride for tacos

Oddometer:

I just made a bracket from aluminum stock, and some band clamps....works fine loaded or otherwise. Even survived a sweet lowside in a traffic circle at about 30mph....in hindsight the second lap and increased speed was a poor decision.

[​IMG]
  18. boardforever

boardforever Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    So just a piece of 90* aluminum that you drilled out and put some pipe straps around? Didn't bother with trying to use the mounting points on the tube? Seems easy enough :D
  19. asander1

asander1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Cool, thanks for the info, yeah I was having a hard time identifying the main jet also, so will take both back to stock and go from there!

Cheers,
  20. MrPulldown

MrPulldown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Forget the aluminum angle. I jsut used two of those straps through the holes and around the tube. I used one of the stock mounts bolts to the helmet lock. I use to have the other bolted to one of the bolts on the battery box. But have since ditch the rear mount as it pulled the lid too close to the fender. The rear mounting tab (rear of the tube, forward on the bike) would get rubbed by the tire when it fully compressed so I cut off this tab.

Works like a charm.