SC State Ride to Lunch Thread

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by scooterGdawg, Oct 29, 2010.

1. kg4lho

kg4lho Outside Sellin'

Oddometer:
    Wasn't that the one at Trueluck's Seafood in Timmonsville?

I'm in. Whur we goin'?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  2. Flyin'Nut

Flyin'Nut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it ever gets above 48 degrees, I'm in.....
  3. motogirl25

motogirl25 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When is another lunch????
  4. JALnSC

JALnSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most likely it will start back up in March. Possibly February.
  5. kg4lho

kg4lho Outside Sellin'

Oddometer:
    Gonna be nice and sunny this Saturday. Wink wink, nudge nudge. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  6. Flyin'Nut

Flyin'Nut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First Sat of the month coming up. Supposed to be nice with highs in the 50's.
    Anybody up for lunch?
  7. GeForce

GeForce Let's Ride!!

Oddometer:
    I'm riding tomorrow!! Looking at some dirt above Lenoir SC. Where you at and what's on your mind
  8. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where's Lenoir, SC?
  9. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    :webers
  10. GeForce

GeForce Let's Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the miscommunication.!! I rode north of Lenoir NC today. Lots of fantastic dirts!!
  11. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    I lived not far from Lenior for a while in 1996.A little town named Hudson off 321.
  12. wawarides

Oddometer:
    :clap I'm glad you got to ride today, and on dirt too! It rained the entire day in the SC Midlands.
  13. redfishguide

redfishguide Old Dirt Biker Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Laura,

We should try that Ridgeland ride again. This time when its not pouring down rain! :huh

I still want to find that pond.

Jack
  14. wawarides

Oddometer:
    Hi Jack,

I'm ready to ride the WMAs some more, too! We weren't that far from the pond that cold rainy day. The "X" on the below map is where we turned around at the old house. I've been neglecting my DR in favor of trials since last Spring, and it thanked me with a pilot jet that was getting clogged with varnish when I went to ride it the other day. And I run it dry between rides and run pure gas in it most of the time. Anyway, got that sorted now. I hope that BBQ restaurant is still open.

[​IMG]
  15. TDC_ERock

TDC_ERock Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    it was open two months ago, and it's still great!
  16. redfishguide

Oddometer:
    Hey Laura,

Pick a day. I'm ready and have a pretty open schedule right now. Btw I also have a Dr which sits quite a bit. I keep it dosed with marine formula "Stabil" and use non ethanol fuel when ever I can. Sometimes sit for three months or more without carb problems.

Jack

17. wawarides

Oddometer:
    I need to try that marine formula Stabil. I use Seafoam, but kind of sporadically. Saturdays would work for me for a Ridgeland ride, except for Feb. 22. How about we keep an eye on the forecast around mid-week for the next few weeks and plan accordingly? :ricky
  18. redfishguide

Oddometer:
    Hi Laura,

Been using Stabil for years for marine applications and motorcycles. The marine formula addresses the ethanol fuel issues fairly well. I'm sure there are some other brand additives that are effective as well.

I have used sea foam in the past to address carbs that have been sitting as well. My understanding is Sea Foam contains alcohol or something similar and might actually compound Ethanol issues. There fore I will never use it in a good running bike especially if it's going to sit awhile.

I can usually buy non ethanol gas locally and it makes a world of difference. Ethanol is alcohol and as such attracts water like a magnet. The water then causes corrosion in the intake system. I learned a very expensive lesson a few years back on a marine engine. There are some sites on the web that last local stations that carry non ethanol gas.

Saturday's for the next few weeks should work good for me. We can make a weather call by Thursday prior. Hopefully we'll make a better choice then last time. :rofl

Jack

19. wawarides

Oddometer:
    Yes, I agree that Ethanol is some nasty stuff. A few years ago I had an out-of-warranty Triumph street bike with a polyamide nylon tank that split open on one side while the bike was sitting unridden due to my having an injury. I knew Triumph had stopped using the nylon tanks in favor of metal ones a year or so after my model, and then I read about the lawsuits involving deformed and failed Ducati tanks made out of the same material. The water that the ethanol attracts separates out of the fuel at the bottom of the tank, and the PA6 nylon slurps it up (like that tech jargon? :D). I made a goodwill claim with Triumph blaming my tank's failure on the ethanol issue, and they replaced the tank. For a while after that incident, I carried a baby bottle with 10 ml of water around with me to test gas at stations claiming their gas was pure. I soon tired of doing that, but found that "pure gas" is not always that. If a station has a dedicated pump and hose for their pure gas, you've got a much better chance of getting the good stuff. My family runs pure, or at least what we hope is pure, gas in our bikes, chain saws, boats, generators, etc. unless we're on a long dual sport ride and just have to get gas. Going to get me some of that marine formula Stabil and quit with the Seafoam.
  20. wawarides

Oddometer:
    Sorry for monopolizing this thread and taking it off-subject, but (a) I've been quiet for a lot of months and am just making up for lost time, and (b) the thread has been dead as a doornail anyway for a while so at least we're talking about something pertaining to riding.

Redfishguide, how about this Sunday for BBQ and a WMA ride? Saturday looks wet, but not Sunday. Can anyone else come out and worship at the Church of the Dirt Road? A tall dude I know with an XRL would like to come. Looks like it's small game season, but we wouldn't have to worry about that on a Sunday in the WMAs.