What did you do with your Trials Bike today?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brewtus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Bent_boot42

Bent_boot42 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sold my 2004 sherco 290 :cry.... great bike, tough as nails.
    I already miss it very much, though when I buy that 2006 Raga I am looking at the love for my Sherco may fade :evil

Last ride on the Sherco (March 3rd 2013)
    [​IMG]
  2. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I stood on mine again today. I should be ready for the TTC now.:1drink
  3. Wingboy

Wingboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Installed the 9v start assist kit on my "new to me" 2011 Ossa and it stated on the 3rd kick at +3c here in Southern Ontario.Rode it around the driveway for 10 minutes.First wheelies on a trialer in 35 years.FUN!!!!!
  4. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    I made sure the TR11 tires work in snow....They do.

[​IMG]

Andrew
  5. joe cool

joe cool Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice!
  6. LarryDawg

LarryDawg trials nut

Oddometer:
    Nickerson/Hutchinson Kansas=Cesspool of the World
    i broke out my old tank and rode it today.... ditch was full of water from recent snow and rain so I practices slippery banks and ridin in water..
    it was kinda fun actually!! also found out my old alpine stars aint water proof no more...
    Larry Dawg
  7. Canada280i

Canada280i Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How do you find the ossa? I also have a 2011 and love it, especially with the 9v start system. Will you be doing any ATA or CVMG trials?
  8. Wingboy

Wingboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was at the St George trial last fall (spectator) and the owner told me he was going to sell it.Took almost a year to sell one of my bikes so i could buy this one.(i'm only allowed 3) I'll try to get in a few events along with my tracktime.
  9. Canada280i

Canada280i Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The ossa importer runs excellent practice sessions throughout the summer if you need somewhere to ride between trials, Wednesday evenings and weekends, excellent place, excellent group to ride with
  10. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I stood on my trials bike again. That's two days in a row!!!:D
  11. Wingboy

Wingboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm signed up for the april 27th school.I need a refresher.I'll prolly be there wed evenings.It's only 20 minutes from work.
  12. LarryDawg

LarryDawg trials nut

Oddometer:
    Weather. Stinks!!!! 62 degrees yesterday, 30 today! Not to mention I have a cold again. So didn't ride today.
    Larry
  13. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    Didn't have time to do the video tell today. Had a good time with some friends, and even had a new guy looking to try out trials with us, was lots of fun.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/waTZUf_pxv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  14. LarryDawg

LarryDawg trials nut

Oddometer:
    Nice place to ride!!!!
    LarryDawg
  15. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    (insert your best Richard Dawson {Family Feud} voice)

"What did I do with my bike today!" "Survey Says!"

[​IMG]

BUZZZZ!

Sorry this is NOT the "what I DIDNT DO with my bike today" thread, so now Brewtus's team has a chance to steal...
  16. djones745

djones745 they call me lawndart for a reason...

Oddometer:
    Epoxy'd the crap outta the airbox and seat after looping it out on my pallet stack! :eek1
  17. ADVCoop

ADVCoop Long timer

Oddometer:
    So are grips extremely hard to install on all trials bikes, or just this 92 GT25? Or maybe the Renthal grips are slightly undersized. It took A LOT of effort getting the throttle side on. I even tried air, which has always worked before. But man that was an extremely tight fit. Yes I made sure I was using the correct grip on the throttle side haha.

[​IMG]
  18. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I always use spray paint. Whatever color I have, even clear. Just spray in the grip slides right on and sticks like glue.
  19. ADVCoop

ADVCoop Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is the picture i meant to post. You can see at the end of the grip how stretched it is. I think this bike has a really fat throttle tube LOL.

[​IMG]
  20. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    Most likely, "someone" placed the left grip on the right grip side, they have different inside diameter on grips for motorcycles. I have done this on purpose ONE time, when I didnt have a right side grip, but needed to go right now.

I am very sensitive on thickness of grips, I cannot run the thick ones, my arms pump too fast, I get charlie horses. when you have the grips on correctly, they should be same sizes, I can't for the life of me guess what else it can be, the throttle tubes should all be the same, I guess you can't tell or prove it without a donor or a spare tube to test the theory.

I personally haven't used the Renthals grips, my dad likes them, got to have the ones with little to none of the "thumb flange" or whatever it is called... I got these new, fat, super soft "pro-grips," that I cannot get to stop twisting on the left grip, the glue on throttle grip stuck nicely, but the left grip, even with triple safety-wiring, it still rotates on the bars... I'm more than half pissed we cannot get Hebo grips anymore? Least my supplier tells me so.