Aussie Hodgo & his 950SE does USA Alaska Canada & anywhere else he can find.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Hodgo, May 30, 2013.

1. Angry Pete

Angry Pete VK4APV

Oddometer:
    G'day Hodgo,
    Still lurking, enjoying your trip, keep up the good work.
    About this time into a trip like what you're doing, you'll be getting a bit worn out. Remember to have a 'Hodgo day' and do sweet fuck all. Charge the batteries, then go hard!

Where are we again?
  2. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    The lazy ass wanker has spent the last week trolling around Sturgis looking at all the Harley's probably wishing he had one...

That was when he wasn't gawking at the pendulous titties of which he seems to have a penchant for and like to photograph...

:huh

So instead of updating this report to keep the rest of us desk jockeys entertained he has been out looking for trolls....

Or he found a herd of sheep/livestock/waterfowl (I don't think he is picky)....either one is a distinct possibility.
  3. Dunerider3806

Dunerider3806 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great stuff Hodgo.All the best.:clap
  4. Ravenslair

Ravenslair Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great ride report Hodgo. Glad to see an Australian visiting us Yanks. Enjoy the ride.
  5. MymoJoe

MymoJoe Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer:
    Fernvale QLD not close enough to the desert
    great ride report... sounds like you are having a cracker of a time.

Joe
  6. DSM8

Oddometer:
    Like rats in a cage, rats in a cage.....

:flush
  7. KASUYAHO

KASUYAHO Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great RR Hodgo, keep it coming.

By the way Baja 1000 is on soon,
    around 1500 bucks to enter
  8. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    Hey bloke, I'm still in Eureka Montana, recharging the batteries as you say.

Has been pretty tough water skiing most afternoons. Plus have been stopped here for a bit.
    [​IMG]

Will update more here tomorrow.
  9. Hardhead

Hardhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you been hiding in the attic Hodgo?
  10. DSM8

Oddometer:
    That's because he is just too afraid to come out of the closet....

And the attic has more room for the sheep.

:lol3

(sorry couldn't let that one pass by without a comment)
  11. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    Hodgo,

I am in Northern Idaho, and hope to be starting the Continental Divide Trail On Friday...If you are interested, it would be nice to have someone to help me pick up the bike:lol3
  12. diverdown

diverdown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so whats up Hodgo , thought you wanted to see north America, get the fuck out of Montana and start riding its a big country, guess Alaska is out of the picture, you missed that window. just saying, diverdown:norton
  13. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    So to continue the report a bit for those who have been curious what i have been up to.

After leaving Bellview North Dakota, slept in local park, i managed to go through what i think is called the Badlands, turned to to be fairly picture worthy.
    [​IMG]
    Seems like wasteland but not qute desert. Well mayne even a green desert like the grand canyon area except for grass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I basically headed north from Sturgis till almost the Canadian border, then went west.
    [​IMG]
    The west bit included some nice dirt roads with heaps of oil fields.
    [​IMG]
    But with oil fields along came expensive living as i soon found out in a local grocery store how expensive food was.

For some reason i thought these little pumps were operating under their own power, but the had about 60plus hp electric motor running them
    [​IMG]
    The locals call this the new North Dakota flower. They burn off the gas that comes out of the oil well extraction process
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Few more open dirt roads with lots and lots of oil tanker trucks to be mindfull of.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Old mate in the oil tanker truck pulled up to see if i was ok, after i had stopped for a bit to dig out some warmer weather gear. Nice bloke who turned out to be from Eureka MT where i was headed. So i had a quick look in his truck and talked about legal weight limits, road ranger gearboxes & cummins engines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Further on i found a great spot to stop for a rest.
    [​IMG]
    With great views so you had full 360degree view of Montana.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Almost back onto pabed roads i stopped at a little town for couple of photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :1drink:1drink
  14. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    Hey Dave, hows the Africa Twin going ? Did you get out west on it was you were planning ? Glad you like my dodgy write up.
  15. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    Hey mate, I'm glad your enjoying the Aussie point of view on your wonderful country.Americans are pretty generous people. I must say i am having a life long memory making trip here.

16. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    Flick me a pm mate so can work out where your starting from & where your finishing.
    Alaska still is looking like a goer. So i aint missed the window yet Bob, just waiting till the mozzies head some place else.

17. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    good on ya hodge .....bike going well? so how ya gunna vote this yr mate ..ruddy needs ya
  18. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    This time round i scored another "Ride Along", with the Fish And Game Warden.
    I met Ben at the local law enforcement despatch office for a day out on lake kookanoosa. The day was mainly spent checking fishing licences and boat regos.

[​IMG]
    Its quite odd here as most of the law enforcement agencies & government entities don't seem to get much funding. The have old out of date equipment. It isnt like OZ government agencies who seem to wast money hand over foot.
    [​IMG]
    His boat did 37mph flat out.
    Not really a criminal chaser.
    [​IMG]
    A truely beautiful man made lake that some of the locals claim has stuffed up the Eureka weather patterns as a result.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A great little spot overlooking Eureka. Crap phone picture though.
    [​IMG]

For the last week i managed to go to the Kallispell rodeo. Get some more oil filters for my bike as ive done nearly 17,000klms in the two months i have been here. Put on some more handlebar grips as the old ones were worn out.

Change the oil again nd replace the rubber grommets for the BDCW bash pate, fit another rear tyre. I managed to get just under 9000klms out of the last kenda 270. So quite impressed with with the cheap trye plan so far.

I have been helping out a bloke here digging a 1meter wide trench about 500meteres long to ay power cable in one trench and water in the other. But whilst straddling both trenches i managed to roll the track off the excavator & get it stuck. Even pulling with D6D Cat dozer i couldnt budge it, and just broke chains. So about five hours later i managed to get it out & get the track back on & hopefully this week the cause', of the damaged rollers will be replaced.

A horse ride up into the high country tomorrow is on the aged so i m really looking forward to tat.
  19. McAdoo

McAdoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    G'day Hodgo,

Great ride report, mate. Enjoying your travels.

Keep posting regular, so we can't get started on any rumours
    that you have headed off to Vegas to get married,
    wearing an Elvis costume.
  20. DSM8

Oddometer:
    I could totally see him dressed (in drag) in Vegas but I don't see him getting married , I mean you have seen him right?

:huh

:puke2

:deal