Scenic City Rides (Chattanooga)

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by SquirrelyGrl, Oct 29, 2012.

1. SloDon

SloDon Hey...where am I?

Oddometer:
    Thought I would add this.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fMFPjFxPBtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PATKCh2MuMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PATKCh2MuMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These are most of the roads I sent you....the rest are also documented on my channel.

No ADs........I am not looking for $ or views...just wanted to have a place other riders could look at and PRERIDE by video roads in our area.

I have roads from Alabama, Georgia, Tennesse, North Carolina, Utah and Colorado.

Maybe it will help you plan.....

Have a great ride!

Don
  2. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Wow! Great response. I guess I can just stay at the bar and drink beer all day cause I already experienced the ride! lol... not a chance. Those roads remind me of the paint creek road near hot springs. I love the creek!

Thanks so much for sharing!

I understand there is great riding around Helen too. I have a friend out that way. I been meaning to go check out some of those well known ga waterfalls to. So much riding still to do!

I haven't heard anyone say they were up for riding Saturday yet though... is anyone considering joining me? I may go both days but I know I can go Saturday.
  3. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    I'm still waiting on the clutch for the dr I ordered a week ago :cry

But, the Hawk is running like a Champ. I'll let you know for sure on Friday what's going on. I could use a camping trip, maybe Flux could as well :wink:
  4. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Anybody decide to do anything?
  5. ABHooligan

ABHooligan The Flying Mythos

Oddometer:
    Hey Folks,
    If anybody's interested, I'm planning to camp and ride in Tellico the weekend following Thanksgiving, Nov 24-25. I may ride up Friday afternoon, camp and ride Sat and Sun, home on Sunday night or Monday morning. If anybody's interested we can meet in Chatty or Tellico Plains, or look for me somewhere along North River Road, past the Green Cove cutoff. Bring your own food; I'm not a Gentri.
  6. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I ended up riding over to Prentice Cooper today. I had not been through there that much before so I wandered around a bit. I found the steep trail all the 4x4's love so much apparently and found myself coming out in Sequatchee Valley by Ketner's Mill. Fun ride... pretty technical. Before that I had rode along the trail that lets you see the river in the valley below. That was a nice view and a steep ride in spots.

The creek crossing has some big rocks in it.. and the water runs crystal clear. Made it through okay.

Oddly quite over there this afternoon. Saw one bowhunter with a buck that had a HUGE wide rack he harvested this morning.

Woulda probably explored a bit more and ridden a bit more aggressively but I prefer company on the really technical stuff... would seem such a waste if I get myself killed doing something stupid and there's not even anyone around to take my boots! :rofl
  7. Wild Pig

Wild Pig Looks like avatar.

Oddometer:
    Interesting timing that this thread came up. I'm coming up on retirement next year and looking to relocate from the Bermuda Triangle of Baltimore-Washington-Annapolis. One of the places we are considering is the Chattanooga area. Wife wants to go to UT, I want to live somewhere that doesn't take 30% of my pension in taxes. Plus I've lived too long without mountains around me.

After 20+ years in the fire department, I'm just looking for someplace quiet. Somewhere off the beaten path that also allows the wife unit reasonable access to campus. We are planning a trip after the first of the year to have a look around. Suggestions, guidance, advice, meeting for local beers would be appreciated.:freaky
  8. Doulos

Doulos Doulos

Oddometer:
    My countershaft seal blew out last week and spilled all my oil. Fortunately it was before I got on the freeway to go home from work (about 25 mile ride).

It is killing me not being on my bike this weekend!! its gorgeous outside.

ABhuligan - a Tellico camping/riding weekend sounds great! But I will be in SC with my family so can't go then. Have fun.
  9. ABHooligan

ABHooligan The Flying Mythos

Oddometer:
    If the holiday weekend is a stickler for some people, we could possibly do the following weekend, but Thanksgiving weekend currently promises some beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful weather. So give me some feedback.
  10. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Doulos ~
    Hate to hear about your counter shaft seal :cry I hope it gets fixed soon!

Tim! How's you like the Prentice Cooper? I love riding up there :clap
    Which BTW ~ You wanna meet up at the Brewhause again tomorrow night, Tuesday for trivia? Brent may show up as well, you should bring your new g/f :evil Anyone else is more than welcome to help us dominate over the teams at trivia.

The Hawk has threads showing thru the rear tire so, I need to purchase a new one :cry

The DR should be ready after I purchase the relay, hopefully someone in town has one in stock, or I'll have to order one.

If I get the DR done in time, I'll join you Brent this weekend, or the next, whichever weekend is more flexible for people.
  11. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Which new gf? :rofl
  12. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Whichever one is old enough to be at the bar!

:rofl
  13. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Oh... I better come alone then... :freaky

I will try to make it, unfortunately I been goofing off a lot and need to catch up on some work before Thanksgiving. Hopefully I can get caught up before Tuesday enough to get free. Thanks for the invite!

PC Was awesome, I need to go back with a wing rider though.

I need to work on some basic skills and am kinda looking for a good dirt only place to do that... you know, level, no gravel. Want to practice power turns and deweighting the back, etc. Maybe some nearby slight hills and jumps. Any idea what might meet that criteria as close to chatt as possible? I need to really work on basic skills.
  14. Doulos

Doulos Doulos

Oddometer:
    In my opinion you took the toughest road in Prentice Cooper - Haley Road! on the huge GS! wow:clap

There are miles of easier trails out there with some dirt like you are looking for. Just need to watch out for 16 year boys in their jeeps...

BTW - does anyone know how to get an ADV sticker? I would love to have one but can't find them on this site.
  15. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Hey Doulos ~

Call Mini Mike or send him a PM, he owns Tellico Moto in Tellico :D

I know he usually carries ADV Stickers, maybe he can mail you some.
  16. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Duolos... she's right. Saw them on the counter when i was at Mike's a few weeks back. He is closed now for winter on mon-wed. But shoot him a pm from here. he will prob answer faster that way.

You clearly are impressed with acts of insanity born of ignorance... lol. I love that kind of riding and am seriously wanting to sneak back this afternoon before the trivia game... lol. What? me work?

So much to explore!

On the camping next week is def better for me. i have to find some more gear... my ex took mine!
  17. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    You can sure as heck find that here. Lots of great deals on vacation cabins that the owners can't seem to keep rented theses days. I have a friend who is renting a awesome cabin on the river.

Let us know when you will be in town and maybe I can join you for lunch and give some tips. I'd be happy to lead you on a sample ride that will have half new england in our backyard by march if they knew about it.

If you still want to volunteer you are welcome to my neighborhood cause my fire protection rating cannot get any worse.
  18. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    What time are you gonna be there Tim at brewhause?
  19. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    now but i do not see you.
  20. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    I'll be right there