2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Guth

Guth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome photo!
  2. M3-SRT8

M3-SRT8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    May 10th. The Magic Day. :D
  3. Guth

Guth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will be beautiful come May 10th.
  4. Crilly

Crilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    :norton Sure as soon as I buy one this goes to a second page. Back to first. 00087 cb1100a.
    Only problem in first 300 miles, scrapes peg feelers easier then I would have thought. Really, a fun bike. Fit and finish are perfect.
  5. k-moe

k-moe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Vinyl can look pretty good. http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=42190.html
    I'd still prefer paint, but having a bike wrapped.......the factory paint is still there......potential value increase at resale.
  6. The other Ferret

The other Ferret Motorcycle nut

Oddometer:

Really...mine will still be unscraped the day my son inherits it. :wink:

Cmon over and register at CB1100forum.com
  7. The other Ferret

Oddometer:
    New Motorcycle Classics magazine arrived today (4/19) May-June 2013 issue..page 55... " YESTERDAY IS BACK " .... Full test and 5 page report of the CB 1100. :)

Will read article and report back
  8. brokeassloser

brokeassloser I'll do it!!!

Oddometer:
    We are picking up a CB1100 ABS model tomorrow for the wifey!:clapAnd we are parking it next to this.

http://[​IMG]

It was love at first sight for both of us.They should make good stablemates.
  9. The other Ferret

Oddometer:
    I had one just like that, same pipes and everything .....Jardine replacement 4 into 2 's). Yours looks in great condition!
  10. psycho klr

psycho klr Same psycho, now with less klr

Oddometer:
    South Central, Wisconsin, Not da udder one
    Agreed, I had a 1980 CB750F and that tank swooping down and into the side panels that swept up and into that beautiful duck-tail spoiler on the tail was pure sex to me. The best I ever saw of the body style was a Euro market CB900F that was red with yellow(?, I think it was yellow) stripes. one of the first bikes to integrate the tank, sidepanels and tail into one continuous flowing line.

I couldn't find a picture of the bike I am thinking about, but in my search I found this...

[​IMG]

And this...

[​IMG]

Sorry for the big picture. You can find a way to deal with it.:lol3
  11. dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50 long time rider

Oddometer:
    Amazing, Simply Amazing...
  12. OldF7Guy

OldF7Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love the Cb350! That one looks to be in great shape to. I would kill to have one of these to piddle around on. I cant understand why this size bike has just gone by the wayside. We have 250s and jump straight to 500s now. The Cb350/4 is one of the coolest bikes ever made. My neighbor had one of these and took me for a ride when I was probably 10 years old and I have been hooked ever since. When he got it up to 60mph I thought we were flying!
  13. brokeassloser

brokeassloser I'll do it!!!

Oddometer:
    We brought it home today! :clap She grinned the entire ride home. I finally got to take it for a spin and WOW. It's everything a CB should be.

The two of them together with happy momma.

http://[​IMG]
  14. The other Ferret

Oddometer:
    Congrats :clap. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  15. svs

svs Posts too much... Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's awesome..:clap
  16. antwon412

antwon412 Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOVE the new CB. JUst wish it had different rims. They look funky to me.
  17. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    The problem in general with this class of bikes is that they aren't appreciably cheaper to produce than a 500 or even 650, especially in four-cyl form. Various mfgs have taken runs at small displacement four-cyls over the years (Honda CB-1, Yamaha FZR400, etc.) and they have generally been expensive and poor sellers.

And I don't think the "good old days" were ever as good as we tend to remember. The 350 four was not much of a performer in its day and most of the magazines reported that the 350 twin was actually faster, not that it was a fast bike either. I bought a 400F a decade ago (an improved and faster 350 four) and drove it for five years. It was a fun bike and oozed of nostalgia, but functionally it wasn't even remotely as good a bike as a pedestrian SV650.

Honda could produce a CB350 or CB500 four patterned after the CB1100, but it would only be a grand or two cheaper than the big bike and would be nailed to the showroom floor. Honda is properly attacking the mid-size market with their 500 twins which are priced right and going to be huge sellers.

- Mark
  18. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    :1drink
    Just me but the sharper cut CB1100 is thebetter looker!
  19. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    I may have bought two
  20. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    The CB350 four, while it would not make since today from a financial standpoint, it has styling that blows the new CB1100 all to hell. As nice as the 1100 looks, there is absolutely no contest between it and the older bikes. The '69 CB750KO was one of the worlds best looking motorcycles of all time. I just keep thinking, would it have cost Honda that much to make the 1100 look more like the original?