Garden State Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by sallydog, Aug 28, 2008.

1. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Nice! :clap:clap:clap:clap

Now, don't you have some more relatives to visit in the UK? :wink:
  2. lulo

lulo Cochino Aventurero

Oddometer:
    jezza....that was the clue....tag was around the corner
  3. jimmr

jimmr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm at the clue location right now, but can't post a picture because Photobucket is messing me around.

I went round the block but couldn't find the actual tag. I'll try again.

Later edit: here is the picture at the clue location:
    [​IMG]
  4. Jezza

Jezza A British Invasion

Oddometer:
    Bollocks, thats the problem searching for tags on a small screen :cry Tags still live then.
  5. jimmr

jimmr Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Do I get it? I at least deserve something for fighting Photobucket's awful beta site they threw me in to.
  6. jimmr

jimmr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm at the new tag location and my battery is flat. Anyone near Schuyler Ave in North Arlington? While I wait for roadside assistance, here's the new tag:

[​IMG]
  7. uxc

uxc adventure nerd

Oddometer:
    damn those 650s and their weak batteries. Schuyler ave has some big hills off of it that you could do a rolling start down.
  8. lulo

lulo Cochino Aventurero

Oddometer:
    jimmr, you got it!!!

hope the roadside assistance didnt take too long, should have gone for the bruce on this am tag witch is just down the road
  9. uxc

uxc adventure nerd

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

No Jimmr, but a nice view.
  10. jimmr

jimmr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great pic, Uxc:clap:clap, and thanks everyone for the offers of assistance earlier. The roadside assistance showed up pretty quickly, but he had no way to hook up his battery pack to the SAE lead I installed for this eventuality, so I had to take the 16 screws off so he could get to the battery. Oh well, I learned some things.

When I scouted that tag last Spring there was a 9/11 memorial where the Zadroga Soccer Field sign is now by the roadside. The 9/11 memorial has been moved down the hill on the other side of the fence and is behind a locked gate. You can see it here at the bottom of the pic:
    [​IMG]

Schuyler Ave
    North Arlington, NJ 07031
    40.787138,-74.12379
  11. Jezza

Jezza A British Invasion

Oddometer:
    Great photo uxc, as always. :clap I guess you use a compact tripod & Digital SLR with a short lens to take the shot. You could do us all a huge favor and single-handedly help raise the standards of photos around here if you would share with us how you format the shot and upload it to your web host.

I have a Canon T2i which I guess is more than adequate, I haven't yet worked out a way of moving the jpeg to my phone to upload without bringing along a laptop. Between the hours of 6am-10pm you can get Bruced in minutes around here if you don't upload from the tag site. I notice a lot of your shots are late night ones, so not such a problem.

After I've sorted out the mechanics, I really would like to experiment with better and more interesting photos.

One solution might be to use a USB 2.0 A Female to Micro B Male Adapter Cable and connect that to a Android USB cable, to move the photo to my phone, then source a decent photo format App to resize it?
  12. uxc

uxc adventure nerd

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Clue:

[​IMG]
  13. uxc

uxc adventure nerd

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I always post from home.

And no tripod on that shot, just a very high iso.
  14. docgonzo

Oddometer:
  15. uxc

uxc adventure nerd

Oddometer:
  16. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Neat tag. If I had more time, I would have looked for the corner where he peed! :D

My favorite episode, of course, is the Junior Mint one:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zhbMqjnYNfI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Inspired by a recent Big Apple tag,

Here's the New Tag:

[​IMG]

And, I'll use one of Redpower's old tags as the clue shot:

[​IMG]

p.s., it has gotten very hard to check old tags since certain players have deleted their posts. Thank goodness for the spreadsheet. I was curious to see whether the new tag shows up on Redpower's clue shot from two years ago. Can't find it.
  18. RedPower

RedPower Long timer

Oddometer:

Here's my pics from back then:deal
    Looks like they had Championship Banner covering it.
    By not deleting any pictures now (deleted some early on)............I'm over 2,000 pics in my photobucket:eek1
  19. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Red. Was pretty sure the BBQ was opened after your tag, but glad to see that the sign wasn't in your tag shot!

Guess you know where it is, huh?:wink:

1st checked out the BBQ in Rochester on the way to Canada with a bunch of Hooligans way back when. Guess they also have one in Syracuse and NYC. Would be a great destination for a spring TOR gathering!
  20. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    shoot youse guys dunno what real bbq is unless you've had eastern style bbq we have here in NC...no red sauce covering up the true flavor...eastern style is vinegar based...just ate some for my dinner tonite...we got hushpuppies too...;-)