Triumph Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by ScrambDaddy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:

I just hardwire to the battery.
  2. ElNorto

ElNorto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up. It appears to address most of the issues I have with the stock seat. Its flatter and it looks like it allows you to sit back further. I'll be waiting for the Sargents version as well. I hope they are both there for Bike Week to check out.
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    corbin always comes out first, but sargent, IMO makes a better seat.
    http://www.sargentcycle.com/triwstiger.htm
  4. forkt

forkt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just got back from a ride up in Buck meadows and during that ride, my first after my fuel mapping was done, the tiger would no longer idle. Anytime the bike stopped so did the engine. It got to the point that in order to keep it running it needed to be constantly revved. It is possible the fuel mapping didn't take? Could it have defaulted back to some factory setting. Or is it more likely that there is another culprit altogether, a loose hose perhaps? Any insight would be helpful. I have a vid I'll post tonight that illustrates the issue.

Cheers:huh
  5. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Is it possible that the clutch cable is misadjusted and does not allow for full disengagement?
  6. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)

I just sent my XC's seat off to Renazco Racing (scheduled the build appointment last summer). As far as I know, mine will be the first Tiger 800 seat they build (and how it goes will presumably determine whether they decide to build more of them).

I will, of course, post pics once it comes back.

--mark
  7. kylerichards

kylerichards Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey JimJim,

No drain on your stock battery using the outlet? Reason I ask is, I had an outlet on my Tiger 1050 and when I used my
    heated gear (same config as yours) it sapped the battery. When I connected to my Yuasa 14 via the terminals
    and 10 fuse it was fine. The outlet is conveniently placed now on my 800 and just wanted to make sure it won't drain
    the battery. Much thanks. K
  8. forkt

forkt Adventurer

Oddometer:

Possible, I haven't really givin it a look over yet (ride ended at night, then work next day). It really seems like it's gettin starved for oxygen or fuel (a slipped clutch wouldn't explain why it dies in nuetral though...). I'll post the video of it dying with some commentary, hopefully some inmates might recognize the symptoms.
  9. fbj913

Oddometer:
    Do you have the most recent tune installed?
  10. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    True; I didn't realize from reading your earlier post that it died while idling in neutral also. So, throw out my hypothesis.

Next idea. Is the battery healthy and getting a proper charge?
  11. forkt

forkt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes this is the most recent tune, and first long ride (more than 30 minutes) that it has been on since re-map. Before hand the re-map felt great, which led to my question of it being possible for the tune to 'roll back ' on it's own or fail to hold...grasping I know but worht asking.

@Yossarian, I thought that too (rather hoped), but we stuck it on the charger overnight - did not resolve issue.
  12. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    I haven't had any problem and I've used my Gerbings for quite a few miles this fall along with the heated grips and even have the fog lights on some of the time.
  13. Clair

Clair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have the Corbin saddle yet? I've have a Corbin on my ST1100 and LOVE it, had one on my F650GS and loved it. Kinda want one for the 800XC but ...

I'm short, have the stock seat in the LOW position.

Looking at Corbin's site it looks like their seat is not adjustable and thus can't be lowered. Nor do they seem to have a "Low" seat for the 800. Corbins tend to raise you a bit anyway so ... I was curious if anyone has one and if the seat raises ya up.
  14. fbj913

Oddometer:
    In order for the new tune to load on the bike you have to let the bike idle for a while. You may want to let it idle for 10 minutes or so and see if it still does it. I think it says 10 minutes or until fan turns on. I would go with 10 minutes and see what happens. No they won't "roll back" to another tune.
  15. Beer'o'clock Baz

Beer'o'clock Baz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there anyway you can install a switch to turn the ABS off on the run-have been searching this thread and can find talk about it but cant find the answer-Why didnt they install one original:cry
  16. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    I might be wrong but I think you're wrong. For the idle reset to work I think you need to run it for 12 minutes AFTER the fan has come on for the first time. The fan coming on proves that it's all up to temperature.
  17. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    Probably something to do with upcoming EU law. Similar to the reason the power is 94bhp.
  18. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
    I used to think it was a bigger deal but now I just ride with my abs on off road. Its much more forgiving offroad than the bmw abs.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
  19. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    I too have yet to switch it off. Perhaps if it was easier I would, but never had a problem in the gravel or dirt.
  20. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    +1

I'll be honest, I don't even know how to turn it off :D