KTM 690 E & TuneECU

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Maurizio, May 9, 2011.

1. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    Dirtsqrt-Baton Rouge here!

We have to get together, check your PM. There's also another guy who lives around the corner with the same bike, and another there in Pontchatoula as well I've ridden with.

Dirty
  2. Bigbugberg

Bigbugberg De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Stats: 2010 690 Enduro R, Wings with spark arrestor, Uni bi pod, full can removal. The bike seems to run fine but since I have no AF sensor, I'm afraid of running lean.

I now have Tuneecu and the cable but before I start breaking my ecu, I have some questions. Reading Code Orange I noticed the o2 sensor is off in the Akro map.

Am I correct that if the o2 is off then the bike is only running on the map?
    My last Colorado trip I rode from 5000ft to 13000ft. Isn't the o2 sensor supposed to help here?

Can you run the Akro map, as posted in Code Orange, with the o2 sensor on?

Also on Code Orange, the I1,2,3 maps were completely ignored. What are their purpose?
  3. Bigbugberg

Oddometer:
    Ok, after reading some Sumojunkie, I learned the I maps are ignition advance. And the o2 sensor basically determines lean/rich and doesn't vary far from that. So it makes sense the o2 is off so it won't try and correct for the map you have installed that may trim up fuel...
  4. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    Not that I ride this hairy steed in order to lower my carbon emissions or for great fuel economy, (nearly 60mpg's is fan-'effin'-tastic) with the stock map, but with these aftermarket maps like the akrapov- and other franken maps, but what does the mileage drop to once one of these maps is loaded onto the bike---50? 45?, 40mpg's?

Can't help but wonder. The ONLY thing I'm not fond of with the '12 I have is the snatchiness/slight jerkyness of the throttle at smaller openings. This might prove a bit tough to deal with while poking along on a technical goat trail.

Other than the snatchiness, I have yet to have any other issues, stalling, FI lights, etc., etc. I'm of the mindset of leaving good enough alone when it comes to changing the mapset.

Dirty
  5. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    MAP sensor is what you're thinking
  6. NovaMoto

NovaMoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for apad/thad values for the newer throttle body on a 2011 ER. The values for 08-10 don't work!

Someone must know! Thanks
  7. Bigbugberg

Oddometer:
    With several hundred miles after the new map I'm getting 43mpg on easy stuff and about 38mpg flogging the beast through loose, rocky, uphill switchbacks and tight sugar sand washes...

Fuel light on right at 100 miles.

Akro map with 4% trim
  8. DrtSqtr

DrtSqtr Been here awhile

Oddometer:

2012 with remap, 160 miles before fuel light comes on. close to 180 if i baby it..
  9. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Forest Ranger Magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a repository of maps somewhere for download?
  10. wsmc831

wsmc831 Long timer

Oddometer:

You mean other than all the ones at TuneEcu?
  11. Ironzie

Ironzie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello guys
    Was just wondering has any one just put a carb on
    one of these bikes
  12. NovaMoto

NovaMoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's been done several times. It's been done from the factory even! (you can buy all the parts you need from KTM)

Crankshaft even built an entirely new engine management system from off the shelf parts..

13. jejtastic

jejtastic creep

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the super late reply, but I'm in the middle of doing a remap on a 2012 and came across this thread. Did you tweak anything inside of the Akra maps, or just leave 'em as-is?
  14. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:

Is there a list??
  15. DirtRider50

DirtRider50 n00b

Oddometer:
    I just got EVO 1 for my 2012 KTM 690 R Enduro (haven't installed yet). I only have the WINGS exhaust. Is it going to perform properly?

Also, I just realized that is not reccomended for highway use. I do a lot of highways. Will it I hurt my bike?

Thanks.....
  16. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer:
    I'm running the EVO 1 over my uni filter. Works fine. 2009 with FMF can & stock map.
    Tip- take your time fitting it. I ended up filing the tabs shorter. They were too long and caused the cover to bow up. Heavy stress on screws too. I also added a Velcro strap over the screw edge to hold it down "just in case"

Sent from outer space with my Thunderbolt with Tapatalk.
  17. wsmc831

wsmc831 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Install the evo1 kit, upload evo1 fuel maps, have fun.
  18. blakrj

blakrj Need to ride

Oddometer:
    Cloggland via Borneo, TX, UK, Oz and S.Africa
    Folks, I've got an Akra pipe and had the Akra maps loaded since day 1 on the bike from the dealer. I was contemplating going back to stock maps and more restricted exhaust (did I say stock:rofl) while using the bike for commuting or long road trips; but cannot for the life of me find a 2011 map for a non US bike - all that I can find is the following:

KM765US11B0215EPMap.hex OEM KTM 690 Enduro R EPT map 2011 model year with standard exhaust US only
    KM765US11B0215FIMap.hex OEM KTM 690 Enduro R EFI map 2011 model year with standard exhaust US only

Wonder if anyone has some insight into the difference and if it could be used on EU bike?
  19. DirtJack

DirtJack Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    356 miles SE or 539 miles NW of Orla, Texas
    Do the UK/AUS/EU bikes have SAS and Canister? The US maps have controls for those devices which may need to be turned off if they don't exist on bikes outside the US. There may be other issues.
  20. AMa.

AMa. Topographer

Oddometer:

You can use it. 2011 SMC EU maps and 2011 Enduro R US maps are identical.

SMC maps:
    KM765EU11B0201EPMap
    KM765EU11B0201FIMap