2013 gsa lost

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by DSTEVENS, Nov 16, 2012.

1. DSTEVENS

DSTEVENS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello all, I am new to the forum and have replied a few times, and have really enjoyed the forum. This is my story.
    never owned a GSA but I did ride one and always wanted one and after years on Stroms I decided the time was now as in August 2012. I put a deposit on 2013 GSA triple black and put 3 bikes on consignement to help out with payment. sold one bike immediatly, after 30 more days I sold another, no word from dealer on bike after 30 days, so I called and my call was not returned so another 30 days goes by and still no bike. It has now been 60 days. so last week I sold my last bike, now I have not been riding because my bikes were at freinds shop being sold, so I go to my local Yamaha shop and they offer me a deal on a Super Tenere and I say I really had my heart set on GSA. He offers me a solo test ride this week, but I have not had time to ride it so......... Today almost 3 months after I put a deposit on the GSA the salesman calls, I did not get to talk to him but the message was my 2013 GSA was lost in the storm in New Jersey and he will have one just like it soon. I am in Texas so I have missed 3 months of riding Tomorrow I will test ride the Yamaha. Thanks for listening D.
  2. GSAragazzi

GSAragazzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure what you are looking for as reply?!???
    GSAs are always hard to find, specially if you want a specific options. The Super Tenere is an amazing ride but it's a different bike. Are you set on the GSA or just on the Adventure style?
    A Tenere will not fulfill the needs of someone that wants a GSA and vice versa.
    Just my opinion tho :norton
  3. DSTEVENS

Oddometer:
    I wasnt looking for sympathy or any particular reply or answer to my dilema, I was just telling a not so funny story. Enjoying the forum. D.
  4. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Look at the bright side, YOU weren't in New Jersey during the storm.:eek1
  5. aGremlin

aGremlin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, but being a human he could un-lost himself. Bikes need masters and his poor one hadn't yet met his master...

It's a good thing they need masters actually, otherwise they'd be off riding and we'd be lonely and posting on here...
  6. gr8grins

gr8grins Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey man, that's a drag. Don't even waste your time with the Tenere (which is a really nice bike). If you want a GSA, you want a GSA and nothing will fill its shoes. You'll dump the Tenere soon because every time you get on it you'll wish you were on the GSA. So, for the easy solution I promised...
    Call Zac Wiley at Max BMW (www.maxbmw.com) in Connecticut. He will take good care of you. Last spring when I couldn't find the GSA I wanted I took someone's advice from this forum and called him. A week later I had exactly the GSA I wanted in my driveway - shipped from CT to my home in Oregon. They handled everything including the shipping in a very professional and speedy manner and the price was right.
    Good luck - you'll love the GSA! It's everything it's cracked up to be and more.
    grins
  7. El Gato

El Gato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear about the delay.

I rode both bikes and the choice was very clear to me. You should do the same before you make a decision.
  8. DSTEVENS

Oddometer:
    the GSA fits me as I am 6'4" better than any bike I have ever ridden, I have owned and ridden a KLR, DL1K and DL 650 for the past 7 years, doing the usual mods to make me semi comfortable. The GSA I rode was just right for my height and I have wanted one for years, however I am soon gonna be 4+ hours from nearest dealer and after 3 months I have cooled off to the idea and $24k tag. That being said I am going to ride the Yamaha for grins, and I will be busy moving soon so I may or may not wait on another GSA. D.
  9. Dieselpwr

Dieselpwr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    if the bike was at the port in Newark, there's a very good chance it was flooded. That entire area was under a few feet of salt water. There were containers floating around.
  10. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:
    Many times I have bought a more readily available bike when I really wanted a different one, this has always led to another sale and more wasted time and money.

Get what you really want an save yourself the grief!!! Just my .02 :eek1
  11. def

def Ginger th wonder dog

Oddometer:
    I would not let distance to the dealer influence my decision. The boxer is so easy to work on and maintain that I would do it myself even if the dealer was next door.

Now, as for the $24K price tag? That's another story, the ending which only you know.
  12. Motomochila

Motomochila Moto Scientist and time traveler

Oddometer:
    Years ago I once wanted this blonde I had seen. She was perfect in every way, as perfect as a woman could be. All the right parts, all the right buttons, and fast as the wind. Spent only a short time with her to know I wanted,....NO, I needed her, badly. "Want to go hunting?" Sure! Sex anytime? Absolutely! Clean up after me? No problem. Can I go our with boys late? "I be waiting patiently for your return", she says. OMG! Now I didn't just want her and need her...I..I...LOVED her. She was expensive though. I knew this would cost me a fortune, but it was worth it. Every penny I had, and I couldn't wait.

Only one problem. I had to get rid of an old one before I could afford to have this new model, (and what a model she was- in every sense of the word). My blonde would have to wait. Hot, enticing, beautiful, blonde... every time I called up to check on her. Just the sound of her voice got my motor running on full throttle.

My wife began to wonder what was that bounce in my step was from. She thought it was the new hair color she was now using. She called it her mid life crisis, but it was working for me a bit. I even liked it. Started dressing more provocative and acting very racy. Even gave me a ride I still remember as one of the greats, you know what I mean. But I wanted a Sexy new one. She finally found out about the blonde, six months later.

The divorce cost me far more than I had ever anticipated, but I managed to get away with my dignity and have my possessions and most of my money. I called up that blonde yesterday to finally make that jump. Some guy answered the phone and threatened to beat me up if I ever called again.

I haven't been for a ride in about six months. Boy its gonna be a long cold winter..... :rofl:rofl:rofl
  13. t6pilot

t6pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GSA is a GSA
    Yes sandy messed up a lot of things, if your dealer is a good dealer he will do a search of other dealers inventory and find you a bike, this time of year dealers in snow country are glad to assist or you call them direct. Check bobs BMW they will ship
  14. Chip Stevens

Chip Stevens Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you can get your deposit back fly out to Southern California. Every dealer (3) in the Ontario area have GSAs in stock. Then ride it home. Las Vegas also had them in stock a few days ago. Weather has been good here not like the east coast. It couldn't coast too much to fly the 1500 miles. Last time I flew Houston to Ontario was around $100. chip
  15. feldjäger

feldjäger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey in Las Vegas they have a triple black 2013 GSA, don't have to wait, you can just go in and buy it! The best part is a trip to Vegas and a great ride home!:D
  16. aculate

aculate Herk, herk,...Ptooey

Oddometer:
    My GSA came in a few years ago through Perth Amboy, NJ., an even worse location than Newark from the storm perspective. If BMW still ships through Perth Amboy, the bike probably got very wet.
  17. joon1911

joon1911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My local BMW dealer in Rochester NY has a '13 GSA TB in stock right now. Country Rode Motowerks in Fairport NY. You might see if your dealer would call and try to arrange a transfer. I don't know if CRM would be willing but it might be worth a try.

Best of luck:D
  18. DSTEVENS

Oddometer:
    Me again, well I didnt ride the Tenere because I was too busy and they close at 4 on Sat. so Maybe next week, I appreciate all you guys finding bikes for me. I have not talked with my salesman, and he didnt bother calling me back. I looked at the MAX place in New Hamp. as was suggested and found one I absolutely love in the older color scheme, of course it is the weekend, so I may call them Tues. I always like to look at a bike first hand before purchase, this one is slightly used, but I may call them Tuesday anyway. Thanks again. D.
  19. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    +1 on Max. As dealers to, they really do a good job overall. Not perfect, but good.

What about Sierra BMW though, they're so close to you and they're another fantastis dealer. Also BMW of Salt Lake has some good deals going right now, And they're good guys to deal with too.

Sucks that it sounds like your dealer isn't a good one though, that would strongly factor into my decision more than the bike. The tenere is a rocking bike, I'd strongly consider it. I'm also waiting for the new KTM 1190.... Maybe holding off through the winter wouldn't be too bad of an idea?
  20. BMW JEEP

BMW JEEP Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just one other thought. Every new generation model seems to always go through growing pains, recalls, limiited aftermarket support, whatever. If you went for a different, well established model for now and let the first or second production year for others to sort out, you can still shoot for the 2014 or 15 BMW, and by then, the jury would be back in on the water-cooled 1200GSA, probably get a better price, and likely more after market selection.

Just trying to put a positive spin should the aquisition of a 13 becomecome legthy, more expensive or just more inconvenient.
    Good luck, Curt