Southwest Dual Sport Riders Club - Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Chick4KLRs, Nov 22, 2008.

1. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    Well this Sunday is normal meeting of SWDRC ----I know it fathers day--- good excise to be dad & have some dad time
    swapping lies, bs & br over coffee .

This weekend I call SUBWAYS as the gathering place (because of the shade--better coffee---decent breakfast sammie & did I mention shade)

All you hard core LEOs can go next door for donuts :rofl & BMW riders ---theres a Starbucks close :lol3---

So 8 AM Sunday Tatum & Bell S/W corner

See ya there
  2. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
  3. DurtKlod

DurtKlod Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    I am puttin' together a long ride, Z mother of all rides, Z Ultimate Enduro Ride, consist of long & mixt terrains all done in 1 day. It's about 260 miles off-rd (not counting pavment/liaisons sections). I will post it seperatly between now & next week. It'll be done around early August.From Clint Wells going N. through z Clorado Plateau, to z Grand Canyon Via Wupatki National Monument & Navajo Res., and back on z Coconino Plateau (east of hwy 180) S. to Williams.
  5. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:
    Sounds epic

In.

-dod
  6. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    That's z ride for u Charlie :wink:...
  7. Brain

Brain mr. self destruct

Oddometer:
    How is the homestead going?
  8. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    B & B :
    Good to hear from you,thought y'all dropped of the grid.
    SWDSRC is still trying ,but kinda like givin CPR to a cadaver,:lol3 but I'll hang to they shoot the last horse, a promise is a promise.:deal
    Meeting next weekend---same ol' same ol'. Pop in if you get a chance,would be good to see ya.:clap
    Jeff
  9. AZ4us

AZ4us AZ Explorer

Oddometer:
    Please keep posting the reminder for the meetings. Hopefully I will be able to attend the next one.
    :freaky
  10. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    What about a big goon on a 640? :ear

S.C.
  11. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
  12. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    Bam!

[​IMG]

There it is.

My boss has had this bike for a while and has been wanting to dump it off on me for a little over a year now. I've never needed it but that doesn't mean I haven't wanted it. [​IMG]

For those who have followed my pitbike saga know that I'm just about fed up with that POS. It started out with a great idea and plans of much buffoonery to be had with it but turned out to be a nightmare.

Fast forward to to last weekend. Wife is out of town and I'm out camping when the great idea crept up into the space between my ears called a brane. What was I talking about? Well, nevermind.

Oh yeah, in comes the idea of calling my boss and bothering him about the little scoot. He says "yeah just come pick it up." cool.

So there it is. It's not running. Currently taking it all apart but the bike, other than being seriously neglected for a long time, appears to be in great shape. Giving the heavily crudded carb a pinesol dip and will be buying an air filter today if possible.

Should be a cool little scoot to put-put around with my son.

Anyone have one of these? As of now I don't really plan on modding it any but I've read that jetting wakes it up a bit. Might do that before I get started with anything else.
  13. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    SWDRC bi monthly meeting is this Sunday July 1 at 8am usual location ---Tatum & Bell S/W corner and again under the

shaded canopy of Sub Ways,( the Mister really help cool things down).

By the By, an invitation for you to come meet & greet a new member of the group,

I would like to introduce you to Bertha Marlene Wulf you just arrived Thurs from the German Bavarian Alps & will be

staying with me for a while.

See ya all Sunday
  14. AZ4us

AZ4us AZ Explorer

Oddometer:
  15. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well that sucks.

I typically hit that hill during the week when cop presence is much less than the weekends. Going up that hill above the posted speed on a weekend is just not a smart thing to do.

S.C.
  16. cyberdos

Oddometer:
  17. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:

Saw that story too. Did you catch the part at the end where they said the state is planning a $5M+ revamp of certain sections of the road. That probably means straightening it out in some places. Hmmm.
  18. AZ4us

AZ4us AZ Explorer

Oddometer:
    Yes I saw it. They also mention US$100,000 in extra police presence.
    Just drive safer and enjoy the ride !

19. IBRiding

IBRiding Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All,

I usually post on East of Phoenix but think this is a better place for my question. I wanted to ask if anyone knows of easy, (I mean really easy) single track routes by Queen Creek or Prescott. I am riding a stock DR650 and need to improve my limited skills.

Thanks
    Bill
  20. BStanley346

BStanley346 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am planning on doing a ride tomorrow morning and all of my usual emergency contacts are out of town so I thought I would post here. I plan on leaving around 5 in the morning so that I can beat most of the heat, so I should be back before noon. I will jump on and post when I get back. If for some reason I do not post back by evening and anyone lives in the area I would love a little rescue party.

Here is a link to the route I am planning.

This should pan out to be a pretty leisurely cruise on some basic fire roads, I will be on a stock KLX650 so we shouldn't be far off as far as the bike is considered. I know it is late notice but if you want to meet up somewhere feel free to shoot me a PM with your phone number, I will check here in the morning before I head out.