Pyndon in San Francisco, Friday, April 5th

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by dpifko, Feb 14, 2013.

1. leeo45

leeo45 Longtime Lurker

Oddometer:
    Tickets purchased. Save me a chair please.

Thanks for pulling this together.
  2. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Ticket Purchased. Can't friggin wait!!
  3. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Got my three tix....

Will food & drinks be available at the clubhouse? Or should we plan on eating before arriving? Anything nearby? We'll be taking BART from El Cerrito.
  4. dpifko

dpifko Can u smell the It's Its?

Oddometer:
    We'll have snacks and soft drinks, but nothing meal-grade (i.e. no steak, Vindaloo or bangers ;-) ). Beer/wine not provided, but it's okay to bring some if you so desire.

There's not a huge number of choices for eating near the clubhouse/shop. I ate at and enjoyed Basil Thai a few years ago, but haven't been there in some time: 1175 Folsom St between 7th and 8th - http://www.yelp.com/biz/basil-thai-restaurant-and-bar-san-francisco or http://goo.gl/maps/303eN .

The clubhouse is only a 12 minute walk/short bus ride from the Civic Center BART/MUNI station, so you'll have more options if you look for some place either near Market and 7th/8th/9th or along the final, walking leg.

NOTE for drivers - parking gets easier at 6 p.m.
  5. LeDakaR!

LeDakaR! Banned

Oddometer:
    route66moto.com San Francisco CA/ Austin, Texas
    Nice!
  6. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Perfect! That's just the info we needed. The boys are quite excited to see/meet Lyndon.
  7. dpifko

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

Ok, the chairs and snacks are happening. Looks like a reasonable crowd.

I have a favor to ask of anyone in the greater Bay Area on behalf of Pyndon. If you frequent a shop, club or group where the riders are into rallies, off-road riding or, of course, the Dakar, could you please be sure to let them know about this event? I'm sure Pyndon would appreciate the extra word-of-mouth.

Anyone can find out more about the event, or buy tix to save a spot, at this URL:

sfpyn.org

That works on mobile phones, too.

Thanks,

Daniel
  8. 666

666 Long timer

Oddometer:
    got ticket. see you there
  9. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    I don't know JACK up in the Bay Area, but does Scuderia/KTMtwins know?
    FYI, I'm riding my KTM 950 up on Thursday from L.A. via dirt w/ campout at Los Gatos Creek if any takers?
  10. dpifko

Oddometer:
    Yes. I was just over there today speaking to Don and a few people at the counter. I've also let Munroe and Werkstatt know about it.

Have a great trip up. I'm completely jealous :nod:nod.
  11. SFMCjohn

SFMCjohn 13

Oddometer:
    Hi dpifko,

Erica from Piston & Chain just stopped by and dropped off a flyer for your Lyndon Poskitt event here at the SFMC, but she couldn't say if you wanted us to tell people not to show up if they didn't buy a ticket ahead of time ...?

I will tell people they should buy a ticket ahead of time ...

Just want to know how to handle the inevitable "can't I just show up" question.

Erica said to ask you ... :ricky

good luck with the event,
    -- SFMCjohn
  12. dpifko

Oddometer:
    Hi John,

Yes, people can just come by on Friday, but we've just put in place a new incentive:

Buying your ticket ahead will get you a reserved seat.

The evening is going to run about 3 hours, so that's a nice little bonus. Depending on how many people come unannounced, there's a good chance we're going to run out of chairs. Hard to tell with a silent majority ;-).

The ticket site works well on iPhone and Android, if people want to get the tix while they're out and about. The easy to type link is:

sfpyn.org

Thanks for getting the word out. I hope your folks enjoy the show and the workspace.

Daniel

13. dpifko

Oddometer:
    Awesome news / update for the San Francisco presentation evening.

MX1West.com have agreed to help sponsor the evening and encourage attendance by offering a 15% discount on a single purchase on their site for all attendees of the San Francisco presentation. This discount will be active through May 5th. Codes will be provided by email or at the door.

This is awesome news if you were thinking about ordering some new product or items from them in the near future.

Huge thanks to Jason and Amy Powers from MX1West for offering this up. There will also be a raffle on the evening with around $1000 worth of stuff up for grabs so bring a few extra $$$ for raffle tickets.

See you there.....
  14. mrazekan

mrazekan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just bought my ticket last night but I wont be going. I got a call this morning and in the spirit of doing vs. watching, wish the our team luck, Mike Shaffer Motorsports @ HDRA 250.

I'm happy to straight donate my ticket, but as I'm currently unemployed, I understand what it is like to have to watch every dollar right now. If you were debating going to this event because of the cost, drop me a PM and tell me about the favorite bike you have owned and why. Since I don't know many people in the bay, I'll pick the best story and transfer the ticket to you.

dpifko,

Thanks for the hard work at getting this together. I definitely need to drop by on a Wednesday.

Have fun guys!
  15. dpifko

Oddometer:
    Well, geez, we're raising funds for Pyndon, not trying to squeeze every last penny out of every inmate :evil.

Unless you want to use this situation as an opportunity to meet another inmate, you're welcome to give Brown Paper Tickets a ring and get a refund. They don't make that feature available to meeting organizers.

Details sent by PM.

For everyone else - come out to Pyndon's spiel. It's going to be really good. And with the MX1West coupon for 15% off for attendees, it's basically free.

16. mrazekan

mrazekan Long timer

Oddometer:

I guess I wasn't clear. I don't want money for the ticket. It is a gift for someone who may not go because of concerns over spending $20. Otherwise, I am not looking for a refund. My money goes to Pyndon regardless. This gives another inmate the opportunity to go if they wern't going to go due to the price of admission.

Make sense?
  17. dpifko

Oddometer:
    :thumb:thumb
  18. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Might I suggest "My Name Is" stickers for ADV names and real names.....
  19. Sundog

Sundog Lost

Oddometer:

Then they will know I'm not a real dog on the InterWebs. And they swear nobody can tell!
  20. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    With the suggestions of several extremely gracious and helpful inmates I've devised a 500 mile mostly dirt and broken pavement route up to this Pyn event leaving early Thursday morning from L.A. ( of course barring a last minute work emergency). I'll be attempting to do a live ride report on my trip. Unfortunately I'll have no Dakar Bivy following me nor is it Pack Mule worthy. But all the same it's in the spirit of Pyn and this crazy world of advriders. Prelog will be posted later today in day trippin. Look forward to seeing you all there (I'll be the old guy dressed in sod).