Detroit Greetings

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Bruno T ., Sep 2, 2008.

1. John-610

John-610 John W.

Oddometer:
  2. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    If you run across a red large priced like this please let me know.
  3. JRobertson

JRobertson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone see this helmet in person?

[​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    It is not the destination it's the journey.[​IMG]

I think Don and Bruno use that helmet. I have the Shoe Hornet its quieter and less wind problems.
    <!-- / sig -->
  4. Bruno T .

Bruno T . N8YQ

Oddometer:
    My 1200 Adventure went to a very nice guy, i hope he enjoys it as much as i did.

Maybe you can put together another Detroit ADV rider thread get together, Todd. I would like that.

I just read about the degenerate that got angry because i decided to ignore him after he offered me $12,500 for my 1200 Adventure -- too funny !
  5. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    The guy low balls you and of course your not going to take him seriously. He sounds like a young kid.

Hey maybe it is time for a pre-dakar Dakar party. Including, Dakar videos, teaching MC how to use GPS, and changing the oil in my BMW.

Alright, you guys probably don't want to change my oil but Dakar sounds good. And GPS is easy MC, I can get you up to speed in no time.

Bring your GPS and your laptop if you use it with GPS. I have some old Speedvision era videos that I need to convert to DVD.

Bruno's got-em I think.

So have you ordered the new GS yet B? Black and Red right?
  6. bigtrailie

bigtrailie Pursuing happiness

Oddometer:
    BTOME said "I just read about the degenerate that got angry because i decided to ignore him after he offered me $12,500 for my 1200 Adventure -- too funny !"

Damn Bruno! I wish I'd known it was for sale... I would have offered you $8,500 for it... only after I took it for a ride and laid it on it side first.:rofl

New bike, why? I suspect the '09 color scheme goes better with your tool boxes?

And oh yeah... when the hell am I getting my Speedvision DAKAR video tapes back you low life bastages?!?! (this is usually the point where everyone on the list who has ever loaned me anything would chime in about all of the $hit I borrowed and never returned).
  7. xdbx

xdbx Motorcycle Connoisseur

Oddometer:
    It's about time I met some of you for real. I want to come to the pre-Dakar party! :clap

Btome, I gave Geoff a call and it turns out he was the one that purchased your ride. Pity he never could stop by lansing to say hi, but he's a very genuine and honest person, I wouldn't worry about the check. I mean he did ride it back to Iowa! :vardy
  8. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    And oh yeah... when the hell am I getting my Speedvision DAKAR video tapes back you low life bastages?!?! quote]

He he he

:hide

After I copy them to DVD?

You can come over and watch them BigGirllie.

You too XdbX.
  9. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

So last year I had a Dakar Race watching party to morn the Dakar being canceled and watch last years race. It was a good time and i think everyone had fun. We had it during the day and it was january so no one rode their bike.

I was thinking of doing it again but this time we can meet up in the evening and make more of a party out of it.

How about Saturday December 6th at 6 O'Clock.

The wife has asked me if you would bring your significant others so there is a designated drive for you all. So who would be interested in a Pre-Dakar Christmas get together?

If you don't know how to get to my house PM me.
  10. jpwilhelm

jpwilhelm A.K.A Jonathan

Oddometer:
    I'm in.

I think Bruno said something about replacing the BMWs with Kawasaki.
  11. .52089

.52089 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Save me a seat. It's about time I meet you FFs and I mean that in the nicest way you can think of. :lol3 Same pub as pictured?
  12. bigtrailie

bigtrailie Pursuing happiness

Oddometer:
    Same pub?

Sorry no. That pub is reserved for MotoGP @ Indy get togethers (Downtown Indy). I'm the FF on the far left. Dakar640 is the other FF bookend on the right.

Dec 6th is no good for me. I've got two dates that night...at the Daddy / Daughter dance. The girls have been talking about it for a month. No way I'm missing it.

Speak poorly of me in my absence.:freaky
  13. mike1952

mike1952 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The sun was out it hit the mid 30s I had to ride. Put on around 45 miles doing the back roads around Brighton. I should have been deer hunting only two in the freezer. I do that Monday.
  14. SmashingPumpkins

SmashingPumpkins Dinah-Mo-Humm

Oddometer:
    I like to think of myself not so much as Vice President---but more as President of Vice. :D
  15. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    Btome sold his GS last week on the fleamarket thread.

Some pie hole named greatlakesrider tried to low ball him $2000 less than his already low price then got offended when B stopped taking him seriously. The thread got pulled and sent to the exploding heads thread.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409183

The reason it got yanked is because greatlakesrider started name calling and was generally abusive. It's too bad that idiots like this roam around the web.

Does anyone know who greatlakesrider is?

If he is reading our thread I would like to personally invite him to my house for a "get to no ya" session.:thwak

Apparently I'm gay, I didn't even know this......what will my wife say?
  16. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
  17. .52089

.52089 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ahhh, I looked the name up and there are two in Michigan, one in Livonia and the other in Lansing. I wrongly guessed that it was the Livonia establishment. Silly me!
  18. dentedvw

dentedvw Where did I put that

Oddometer:
    Hiya Mike! Good to see I am not the only out out there freezing fingers off.
    I went for a ride on Sunday too, and got pulled over. The officer was concerned that I was not on the legal side of things. Once he discovered that I was actually legit, he advised that I keep an eye out for salt piles, as they are slippery.
    I figured I should point it towards home after that, as I was supposed to be delivering chocolate chips. :D My favorite thing the officer said though, "what is this... thing?" He was of course referring to my bike. I was momentarily offended, but then I looked at it from his point of view. It really isn't much to look at. :rofl
  19. jpwilhelm

jpwilhelm A.K.A Jonathan

Oddometer:
    I thought your wife likes to watch when you are with other guys, haha.
  20. zx12mike

zx12mike Mid-Ohio GSer

Oddometer:
    Hey KTM640Dakar did Bruno get the bike sold before he went to Portugal. Why the heck did he sell it anyway. Is he going to get another Adventure or just drive those old Rovers.