Air Head Question

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Drunk_Uncle, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Below is a link to an ad in the flea market. All info I can find says that the R100 last year was 1994 except for the PD. The ad is for a 95 R100GS, is that possible? I figure ya'll are the resident experts on the subject.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850739
  2. Fast Idle

Fast Idle Since the Sixties Supporter

Oddometer:
    No expert here, but could it be the "year of manufacture vs the model year thing" Looks like they quit manufacture in 94 so were they model year 95? Supposedly in Germany they have to be sold as model year same as manufacture year but in US as we all know we can buy next years model this year for most all vehicles. I do see reference/pictures of a few 95's on the web all with the same paint and all in Texas. Maybe they made them in a barn down there. Maybe they are still making them down there :rofl.
  3. Fast Idle

Fast Idle Since the Sixties Supporter

Oddometer:
    Forgot the most important part! No matter the year, it's a beautiful bike and I wish I could afford to buy it. Would be a nice spring ride back up here and then on to Dawson!:clap
    Somebody's gonna jump on it for sure.
  4. AK Bob

AK Bob AKAM

Oddometer:
    '95 '94, could be either, the vin will tell. http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/specpages/R100GS.htm It is mighty purdy bike..

All three things don't mean much if it isn't mechanicaly sound, even a sober Airmarshal can't tell that from pictures.. Price isn't out of wack if it is in good shape. Known possiable model problems: Drive shaft at about 33 - 35 K, Gear Box circlip. Carb rebuild.

I paid almost that for my '88 with 6K on it, and spent another K getting eveything running right.
  5. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last year for R100 was '95, at least in the R100RT line as my wife has one.
    Don't know about the GS. All '96 models were the R1100.