The Official SW-MOTECH Thread (hosted by TwistedThrottle.com)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by twistedthrottle, Jul 26, 2012.

1. twistedthrottle

twistedthrottle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yo Inmates!

Twisted Throttle has been participating in the ADV Rider madness since April of 2003 and thought it was about time that we make a home here for everything related to SW-MOTECH. We exclusively distribute SW-MOTECH (and Bags-Connection) in North America and have a unique relationship with them. We have a prototyping facility in our Rhode Island HQ where we design items that also bear the SW-MOTECH name. Some of these goods are designed based on what we learn here from you guys.

Do you have a question? Would you like to know why something is constructed in a particular fashion? Want to say how awesome we are? Post it here.

For those who don't know the range of products in the SW-MOTECH line here is a break-down by category:

For immediate assistance call our tech support line at 855-255-5550. Be prepared to shoot a picture and email it to us. You won't need twenty seven 8 x 10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was. Just something non-artistic that gets the point across.
    Iain Harper likes this.
  2. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Cool. :deal
  3. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Glad to see an official vendors thread. I have ordered from TT a number of times, and have had good customer service with getting replacement parts as well.

One thing that I've always wondered about is the shipping policy. Many online vendors offer free shipping if an order amount is $100 or thereabouts. I have been wanting a set of Barkbusters but can't get them just anywhere. TT carries them, but they want an extra shipping fee. So, I've been sitting on the fence, waiting for a free shipping promotion. Are there any such promotions on the way?
  4. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    First - Thanks for being an ongoing customer of ours.. It is appreciated. At the moment the only shipping discount policies we have in place are:
    • Spend $49 or more and get FREE ground shipping (updated 12.11.2015)

I realize this sounds like a lot of money but it is not hard to spend either of these levels when you start to get into luggage and carriers. If the policies should change I will post it here.

Kevin
  5. TekurRides

TekurRides Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any discounts or offers on the Trax Alu Top Box? Planning to get one for Tiger 800 XC.
  6. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    We've updated our free shipping policy!

Any order of $49 or more ships free within the USA.(updated 12.11.2015)

That is all sirs!
  7. KingOfFleece

KingOfFleece SplitWeight(tm) waterproof seat covers

Oddometer:
    You guys got Jim Hamlin now-the best in the business. Looks like the ADV crew will know what us Triumph guys have know for long time-Jim knows. Well done.
  8. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    Yeah we're very excited to have him. We will have a full service department on-site shortly. Until now we have offered installation of our goods but Jim will take that to the next level. There are a lot of new things in the works for Twisted Throttle. Stay tuned for updates by following us on Facebook or joining our email list at the bottom of any page of our website: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/

Kevin
  9. dnorton

dnorton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Curious of the Trax EVO ALU-Box, which is the better fit on a 2010 F650GS?

Also, I already have the top case with locks, can I get the side cases keyed the same as the top case? Assuming yes, what are the logistics?
  10. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    Easy to key them the same. Buy a 3 lock set and they slip right in. The kit looks like this:

[​IMG]

Naturally, you will need SW-MOTECH sidecarriers to go with the cases:

[​IMG]

If you want to look at the instructions to get a better idea on how the carriers go together here are the PDF Instructions.
  11. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    CAn you expand a little on that? Service, meaning mechanical service, or just installation of farkles purchased from you? RI needs a good Triumph guy....
  12. dnorton

dnorton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My question is which is the better fit on the F659GS - the 45 liter or 38/37 liter?

Also I have two locks on the top case, one for the lid, one that locks the case to the bike.
  13. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    Honestly, it comes down to need vs looks. As I remember it there are two pipes on that bike. Often times when a bike has one pipe the carrier on that side is not as close to the bike. So what a lot of people do is put a 37 on that side and a 45 on the other side. It give the bike a more symetrical look. You don't have that issue so it comes.down to needs and desired look. If you expect you will need a lot of volume go big. On my bike I have one of each and like the extra.width of the 45 for some larger things I may carry. Usually they are odd shaped items that don't fit into the 37. If.you were going on looks.alone I suggest a pair of 37's. What you should get from my ramblings is find the right balance of needs and looks that works for you.

As for the locks, you will need to buy a complete set for 3 cases and replace the two that are in your current top case to insure a matching set of locks.

Kev
  14. MtnRider

MtnRider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ordered a "scratch dent" set for my KLR last week.....so looking forward to them coming in!!!!! :clap

Would have ordered two sets but they don't fit with the IMS tank. Enjoyed chatting with several of you at the San Mateo IMS!

Sam
  15. dnorton

dnorton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bags order placed :)
  16. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    So what size combination did you go with? We would love a review of fit, finish, an functionality.

Kevin
  17. dnorton

dnorton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    37 left side, 45 right side.

Any review will have to wait until 2013, they aren't for me:evil
  18. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    Good combination. It will provide great flexibility. Review would be appreciated.

Kev
  19. HighFructose

HighFructose Banned

Oddometer:
    i am in-between choosing a new bike and missed that sw-motch blaze cyber monday sale you had :cry

2011 gsxr1000 or 07 cbr1000rr....what to do :D

that is all
  20. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    Tough choice there. I have a soft spot for Big Red. If I were to choose on marquee alone I would go with the Honda. Too bad on the sale. Find us at one of the IMS shows and we will be handing out discount cards.

Kev