Norra 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Strong Bad, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    No need to cross over.
    just head south

the road is paved 47 miles past Puertecitos
    It runs a fast twisty sandy road south thru a short canyon then back to FAST sandy two track to Coco's.
    The Dirt road continues to the south / west twisting out to Hwy1 for 13 miles.

It is an easy drive from San Felipe to hwy 1 any type of vechicle............ <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  2. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    This.
  3. El Cucuy

El Cucuy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is 120mi enough fuel range assuming Mag7 or other pit service was used?
  4. BAZZER450

BAZZER450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmm my understanding was the road past purtocito's was hell for a truck? But if this is the case it would make for a way easier drive.When we did the score 1000 in 2010 our southern chase went thru with a truck and camper and bike trailer.. took them a day and half to get to mex 1. maybe they are just pussys?
  5. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just drove it last week Twice in our 2006 Ford 250 ( No trailer)
    its only about 60 miles of dirt to Coco's from the end of the Pavment end EASY DRIVE !!!!!!!!!!!! two hours max
    then 13 mile to HWY 1 ( that will take you about 30 min)
    I think your chase crew stoped and stayed the night at the beach in Gonzaga:freaky !!!!!
  6. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe??? Maybe not???

You can fill up at the Pemex stations to help you out!!
  7. beechum1

Oddometer:
    Should be ok, as long as Krash is in the right spot!
  8. Idahombre

Idahombre Likes easy girls!

Oddometer:
    " maybe they are just pussys?" , I know where you live.... I'm thinking I might head that way and give you some Three Stooge's type treatments. That road sucked in 2010, "yea, it's great, you shouldn't have any problems in that truck (with a camper) and trailer" We only had to stop twice to screw the trailers siding back on. I have the video to prove it.
    Road crews were working on paving it at the time. We talked to some locals who said the road crews were averaging about 20 miles a year. It would make since that they were almost to Bay Of Gonzaga by now. Kinda bumms me out, for my own selfish reasons. But anyway, north of Coco's was decent then and the turn to hit Mex 1 was only about 12 miles of rough stuff (for a truck with a camper and over loaded trailer). I'll have to check with some guys racing the 1000 who are in the area to find out the conditions. It'd be an excellent route for our chase crew during the Mex 1K, If this is true.
    We did stay at Gonzaga, hehehe, but it was getting dark and we wanted to get something to drink so we could eat dinner.
  9. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    That road will still EAT up Trailers!!!
    LEAVE the tralier behind!!!!
  10. BAZZER450

Oddometer:
    Ya what he said Hombre !! maybe the beer too
    Baja Dad sounds good ,we will just have our F250 4WD With spares so they should be fine then and I am sure there will be more than 1 gringo truck on the road that day !
    Hombre and i are thinking that 120 miles might be tight based on Mag 7 pits from this year. I know from the Bay to Arco was a good 15 to 18 litres at race pace on my 525 and there are bigger gaps than that. .

11. Idahombre

Oddometer:
    I suppose we will have to wait and see where Mag 7 sets up their pit locations, before we get our panties in a bunch about fuel range on the motos. That's a easy fix. This sounds like a much better plan for everyone, as long as the gals don't drive the F250 like it's a class 1. :rofl:rofl
  12. beechum1

Oddometer:
    In case you missed it, I drove a Honda Element through there in 4 hours, stopping to charlar with coco for a while. It's an easy drive.
  13. BAZZER450

Oddometer:
    I just broke the news to the wife she's going cross country !! Thanks guys this is so much better! although there was a little bit of terror in her eyes !! But I just told her whats the worst that can happen ! And a honda element did it
  14. BAZZER450

Oddometer:
    sowe will stay at Victoria's in the bay and the Cabo Azul at the end So where is the place to stay at the other 2 stops ?
  15. Idahombre

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the logistics is going to be the easier part. Getting our bodies in shape for the abuse is another story. Last time I rode 1k+ miles on my dirt bike, I got my arse handed to me, but it was still fun.
  16. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Wasn't that the day you put a hole in the diff case?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  17. beechum1

Oddometer:
    Yes. The first day. With Mikes truck. I don't know how much fluid I lost, but if the rear hatch is any indication, it would be easier to measure how much was left.
  18. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    Beechum will get your rear in shape at the HQ in Mexicali:lol3
  19. oregoncoast

oregoncoast Smells like Bacon

Oddometer:
    TMI

:1drink
  20. beechum1

Oddometer: