Anyone here trade in a 07 990 adventure to BMW Atlanta?!

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by dirtybikefrank, Jan 1, 2013.

1. dirtybikefrank

dirtybikefrank Beast wrestler

Oddometer:
    Happy new year fellas!

I picked up an 07 990 from BMW in Marietta, GA recently and am trying to find the po.
    My goal is to find out whats been done to her and what should be on my radar. I thrashed her a bit the other weekend and now it won't start among other issues. We're bonding....slowly.

The bike had an adv sticker on the gobis so Im guessing someone here may know something about it. It's gray w fmf q4's and pivot pegs. Traded in a few months ago on an f800gs...

Anyway, it's a shot in the dark but thought the OC could help. I appreciate all the knowledge shared here. I'm so glad I traded my GS in and found this bike.

Cheers and hope the hangover doesn't last long.

DBF
  2. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    I might post this over in the Beasts section as well, as the prior owner might not be hanging out over here any more......just a thought.
  3. fastdirt505

fastdirt505 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If it's the same guy. He was selling a nice 640 ADV at the time and I was trying to get it for a buddy bike. He said he traded his 990 to a GS because his riding friends were on GS's. I still have his #. I saw the bike at BMW and it was the dark one...I thought flat black/gray.
  4. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    I'd post this in // universe with another title (like who traded in a 07 990 for an 800GS to BMW Atlanta) and share a picture of your bike. Pics say more than a 1000 word description :eek:).

just my 0.02cts

oh wait... Since my english isn't my first language: did the precedent owner trade it in for an 800GS or just you?
  5. fastdirt505

fastdirt505 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    WTF! I got his phone number. You too proud to ask for it.
  6. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    So it's sure it's the same guy? Thought you weren't sure about this :eek:) nice gesture!
  7. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    and BTW I think he's offline ;)

oh and btww... I just understood that it was the otherones f800gs for sure since I noticed your GSA as profile picture, my bad!
  8. dirtybikefrank

dirtybikefrank Beast wrestler

Oddometer:
    Yes. Way too proud. Now, gimme that number.
  9. fastdirt505

fastdirt505 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No, it's him for sure. I just called him to give him a heads up. I'll PM you the # and then we need the crew up and go stretch the twins out.
  10. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    lucky basterds.... Now I go back crying in my Parallel Universe where I belong :cry
  11. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    You can still come to the O.C. even though I no longer own a 990 adv I still ck in .

After all, once bitten you have orange blood, and there is NO KNOWN CURE !!

You just look & :tb & say to your self "Lucky Bastards"