Tucson Area Rides Thread

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Becktastic, Aug 5, 2010.

1. DonBenito

DonBenito Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Seems like 8-15-13 is gonna work best for most people, myself included.

I'm thinking a meetup at the Speedway/Houghton Circle K at 7:30 am the morning of the 15th and heading up Redington from there.
  2. Friedom

Friedom Onward and upward!

Oddometer:
    I'll see if I can get in on this. I might try Chiva again on Thursday or Friday. We took trucks up there on Saturday, and when you get into the wash area with the trees, you go left and it takes you to the chiva pools - very nice! Rained in the whole regiona good bit last night! :clap
  3. DonBenito

DonBenito Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd love to take a shot at Chiva falls again, but I can't make it this week.

I hope you do get in on the 8-15 DS loop though. I haven't gotten any PMs from anybody confirming that they want to go for sure, but it'd be awesome to get a real group ride together.
  4. _Magoo_

_Magoo_ master of disaster....

Oddometer:
    Any of you Tucson area riders that can make it up for this ride are more than welcome to join in on the fun!

Here's the linky:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908255

Hope some of you Tucson riders can make it up for this ride, it should be a great time!
  5. MotorcycleWriter

MotorcycleWriter Vis ad locum

Oddometer:
    I'm in Tucson for about twelve days, including next weekend. Hoping to get in on the 8-15 ride but I'll have to see how the meetings at work fall. At any rate, I'm here with an R100GS and was wondering if anyone can recommend any nice, half-day routes I could either hit after work, get up early and ride, etc. Looking for dirt roads and GS-able trails. Wish I had my husky with me but 1,600 miles is a lot to ask of a 250cc thumper.

I'll be here next weekend as well if anyone is getting anything up on Saturday or Sunday. I WILL be riding those days either in a group :ricky :ricky :ricky or alone :ricky -don't know where, but I will definitely be out there. Prefer it if I had some idea of where I should start :D
  6. Friedom

Oddometer:
    DS ride - Where?
    Reddington to backside to catalina highway.
    When? Sunday, September 1.
    Meet at Tanque Verde Circle K at 7:30, tentatively.
    Difficulty: Not*

Class: 650s, larger and smaller.

Distance: ~100 mi, 3 or 4 hours depending on what you do at the catalina highway. Some of us might explore some side roads while up there - eg. Bigelow, etc.

* Not expected to be

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them." W. S.

I salute you! Builders, makers, fixers, breakers - skeptics, believers, dreamers, achievers - for you turn the very wheels of progress!
  7. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. Friedom

Oddometer:
    Bummer I can't be out riding with yzccathy today, then. Oh well. Just got a spark on the quad, so I'll play around with that today :thumb

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them." W. S.

I salute you! Builders, makers, fixers, breakers - skeptics, believers, dreamers, achievers - for you turn the very wheels of progress!
  9. Flashman1

Flashman1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So is there a ride on Sunday or not?
  10. Friedom

Oddometer:
    Sunday is a go! My parts just arrived for the DiRt350 too, so I might have an additional rider with!

11. Flashman1

Flashman1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where and When again?
  12. Friedom

Oddometer:
    5 posts ago, http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22201054

13. Friedom

Oddometer:
    Anyone coming in the morning to reddington/mt. Lemmon backside ride, feel free to text me @520-82zerro-929zerrro.
    I'd hate for someone to get left behind! Though it wouldn't be hard to catch us if need be! :cool:
  14. daBum

daBum Dave the Bum

Oddometer:
    We had fun and the weather was perfect!
    Photo quality is poor, sorry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

in my defense, i have taken better quality photos:
    dave's photos
  15. Friedom

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting those, Dave. Here's some more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My bike has dreams of grandeur..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. yzfcathy

yzfcathy Weeble

Oddometer:
    Ride Name: Redington 1/12 Ride
    Date: 1/12
    Meeting time: Noon
    Meeting location: Last Circke K gas stop on Tanque Verde.
    Estimated Length of Ride: 40 mi tops
    Difficulty: Cathy difficulty = medium
    Notes: (I'll be in my 200 2T. Bring water. NOT noob friendly; fast paced...)
  17. millican

millican Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm hesitant to ask, but it would be better than finding out I'm not up for the ride after it starts.
    If the ride is dirt roads, what do you call "fast paced"?
  18. russbryant

russbryant Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think they are going to be riding roads. More like trails and maybe some single track. Lots of rocks.

Russ
  19. Friedom

Oddometer:
    I saw that there's a little single track up there, but don't have a grasp on how much. Is it pretty vast?

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them."
    The spear has been shaken!!
  20. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:

No, it isn't that much and technically it is quad track. It is probably 5-6 miles total. It is a nice diversion from the jeep trails.