Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. nobrakes

nobrakes Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can answer this, in a word, "yes".

Note that to remove the gas tank after the fan is in place, you'll need to loosen up the right radiator so you can shift it out of the way enough to clear the tank. It's a tight fit.

I need the same info. I'm adding a horn to my '09. Where do you connect up in the harness to drive the horn? :ear
  2. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've seen this company referenced on the Unofficial Husaberg site, no personal experience, etc.

https://sicassracing.com/store/inde...=19_22&zenid=50080df71806ac5715532212931a61c4

They also have 'just horn' kits for KTM that might work if you don't get any info on where to tie in a horn you might already have.
  3. Tarheel Wheeler

Tarheel Wheeler Long timer

Oddometer:
    NB, Just ride down to the farm and get my bike. You can take it back to your place and trace the horn wiring if you want.

While you're at it you could be a great pal and pull my mid pipe. :lol3

Got really busy before I left and didn't get a chance to pull mine to get to you or Jet Hot. You go with Bart's black mid pipe exchange program?
  4. nobrakes

nobrakes Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's not hard once you know the trick. After about 30 minutes of scratching my head, I just called Ben - the guy with all the answers. :deal It's like one of those horseshoe puzzles where you have to separate the pieces but nothing seems to work, until you happen upon the magic combination and all the sudden it all slips free. :lol3

Yeah, they shipped me the new pipe before I even removed mine so I wouldn't risk not having it for this weekend. Those guys are a great for hooking us up with parts. They've come through for me more times than I can count, especially at the races, and I've only owned my 'berg for about 7 months. :lol3

I'll wait until you get back to trace your horn wiring, I'm not in a huge rush. We can do it when we do your mid-pipe. A lot of stuff has to come off to get it out, so that would be a good time to trace the wires. Thanks for the offer! :thumb
  5. TLtrials

TLtrials Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Florida Lime - Decided not to video, my wife would have committed me if she came downstairs and seen me wrenching while wearing goggles and a helmet cam! Luckily we missed the great white out to the north, it was close to sixty here today, but work gets in the way of really nice riding days!

I goofed around a lot and worked on everything total of about 5 hours (Two 2.5 hour stints Monday and Tuesday evenings). I was being careful and looked over the instructions just to double check that I didn't leave anything out. The tank install on a non-S model would be considerably quicker, probably in the 2 hour range.

TW - Thanks - I can definitely help, let me know when you are ready. It would be quicker and easier on the second one. I got a note from Coco, he sounded happy, which while standing in our illustrious local DMV line trying to explain what a Husaberg is, how it is legal, and signing papers stating that I visually verified the VIN# since NC has no record..... I sure was missing the Suzuki! It all is good now though!

KayaKTM - Like NoBrakes said it is supper easy to install, pretty much plug and play. You will need a pop rivet tool if you don't have one. Also, NB is right on the fit, either loosen the radiator or in my case I had the subframe tank loose to connect the tanks together, so that gives some space to miss the fan.

I can't say about the horn, on my 09 FE450 didn't come with any lights or controls. Just a starter button and a kill button. All of my wires are bunched up and I have not touched them. My 570S has its horn wire coming from the wiring harness in the frame directly under the gas cap, if that helps locate yours.

NoBrakes - I will through in another plug for GDR and Ben/Bart/Allen - Good guys that will do what they can to get you going! A lot of knowledge in that little shop.
  6. KayaKTM

KayaKTM Day trippin'

Oddometer:
    TL,
    thanks for the horn info. i think the base wiring harness is the same on the FE bikes they just attach different levels of stuff to the harness. i think i need to get the wiring to connect from the harness to the horn from looking at the SicAss kit.

i had a sicass kit on my KTM 450 XCRW and was pretty pleased with it. i ran traditional bulb blinkers up front and the LED on the back and things worked as well as any other i think.

7. lost alaskan

lost alaskan OVER THE HILL ENDURO NUT

Oddometer:
    On my 390 the horn wires were zip tied up by the voltage reg. in front of the air intake. I had the tank off and it was still well hidden.
  8. KayaKTM

KayaKTM Day trippin'

Oddometer:
    i finally got a chance to play with my new Christmas toy a GoPro HD helmet cam. Some of us from WNC ran over to Brushy Mtn. last weekend to ride. Gaston Gagne, FancyIndigo, Coffeestained, and a couple of other guys that i don't think are inmates joined as well. Here is some of the video of trail 9C i shot. that's Gaston Gagne I'm riding with. the trail 9C video is broken into 3 sections, if you like this first section check out the others.

hope you enjoy it, it was fun as hell making it!!! :D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GEUGcMozgXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. 400psi

400psi Cropdusting

Oddometer:
    looks fun as hell Josh.
    Pete
  10. TLtrials

TLtrials Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hate it when a tree jumps out in the middle of a perfectly good trail! Good thing you got it whoa'd up!

I have never rode with him, but some friends from Charlotte told me that GG can wheel his DRZ, looked like he was moving pretty good at Brushy.
  11. Ink

Ink Slave to the Needle

Oddometer:
    Nice, thanks! Was he pissed that you ran him over? :lol3
  12. KayaKTM

KayaKTM Day trippin'

Oddometer:
    GG's a great guy and a ton of fun to ride with. It took him a few hours to figure out the DRZ but he is pretty quick on it now, particularly considering it's a heavy S model.

it's amazing how quick those trees can jump out in front of you considering how big they are! i didn't hardly see that one coming :lol3

Ink, nope kinda like grampa resting his eyes (not sleeping), i didn't run over him, "i just rested my wheel on him" for a sec. :D believe it or not he apologized to me for rolling back into the trail! :huh

thanks Pete, next time you and Dave/Kat need to come with us.

13. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

130 mile range makes for good days....
  14. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    Nowwhat,
    You DONT leave home without your Full-Time Photographer with ya, do you :hide
    Is that a video gadget on the right hand track . . .
  15. trailtrick

trailtrick goat trail rider

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a problem with the quic disconect comming loose on a ride on the 70 degree tank ??
    sappen to me today
  16. dirtyoffroad

dirtyoffroad Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    probably was not connected right last time,once its latched correctly,she's not gonna rattle loose.
  17. Powder Muncher

Powder Muncher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now that is one big dude on a little bike:rofl
  18. RallyMoto

RallyMoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys are killing me with this thread. I'm Jonesin' for a new 570-S in the worst way. Maybe next year....
  19. trailtrick

trailtrick goat trail rider

Oddometer:
    i think got pushed with the hose ,very little room down there :deal
  20. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new style Berg.... I'm sure you're all thrilled:lol3