Has anyone dealt with Adventure Motorcycle Tours for tours of India?

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by Jnxdrcg, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Jnxdrcg

Jnxdrcg notanoob

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone on here has experience with Adventure Motorcycle Tours (www.adventuremotorcycletours.ca). I am an experienced bike traveler here in North America but I have very little experience abroad. I called the guy (Jared) who runs the company and he sounded very knowledgeable. He admitted that his company is only a couple of years old but he said he has plenty of experience and sounded really excited for the trips. His website looks good and seems to be quite comprehensive. Any thoughts? Advice? Id really like to do a trip of this sort and I was leaning towards using him.

Thanks everyone!
  2. Jnxdrcg

Jnxdrcg notanoob

Oddometer:
    Anybody? Can anybody recommend a good tour operator for doing the manali to leh highway?
  3. Witold

Witold Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No record at archive.org. Domain shows up as very new for some reason. PR0... So... uhh... yeah... doesn't sound like a company that was actually operating in 2010.

Aside from that, the info on the page is pretty straightforward. The only part I'm not keen on is the old Enfields. The only reason to take that bike is for sentimental reasons or if you are on a really tiny budget. Otherwise, I would rather take a Pulsar 220 or *anything* else. If the tour is guaranteeing you a running bike, then I guess it's not that big of an issue. But I definitely saw more than a couple of broken down Enfields ending people's vacations and giving them a mechanic-and-parts-search adventure instead of mountain motorcycle adventure.

India can be pretty challenging if you are not used to moto trips. But Manali-Leh is very different from rest of India and much easier. There are basically no wrong turns to take because only one road goes to places, and there is minimal traffic to deal with. (enough to give you comfort if you break down, but so little that you have the roads to yourself most of the day.) Plus, the region is perfectly safe. Very easy, particularly starting from Manali.
  4. ratkes

ratkes Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. Jnxdrcg

Jnxdrcg notanoob

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much to both Witold and ratkes for your input and links. You have given me a lot of additional information to think about. I like the idea of doing the trip myself but I just dont have the time or knowledge to put it together myself. Its a bit extra money but for me its worth it. Thanks again and Ill let you know what I ultimately decide.
  6. adityarider

adityarider Lord Fusebox

Oddometer:
    hi.....there are a couple of companies in india..though i havent used any, cause i am an indian and i stay here. i have done a 2up ride from mumbai, thats west coast to Himachal/north, thats just before Manali/to Shoja/8500ft, in 0ct/nov '14. it was a lovely trip and i charted the whole way on my own. most everything is on google now. let me know if i can help u. btw, i am in texas now and just rode a Harley for fun. my bike is a Royal enfield 500cc Classic(these use the same UCE config) and i did 5200km on the above Himachal trip....
    cheers!
    aditya
    aka Lord Fusebox
  7. lazeerider

lazeerider n00b

Oddometer:
    I have been riding across India for a long time, There are many tour operators in India, not all are good though, Do you want to ride the Himalayan circuit or someplace else? Its also easy and cheaper to ride on your own, let me know if you need any help with your trip in India.