Looking for B riders for Mt Shasta Ironman Dual Sport ride on July 13th and 14th

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nrvale0, Jun 15, 2014.

1. nrvale0

nrvale0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Looking for other 'B' riders for the above dual sport ride. I'll be driving up on the evening of Fri July 12th from San Francisco. Currently have space for one other dirt bike in the van though not much time for sidetrips if you are way off I-5. Would love to meet up with other beginner/intermediate riders.
  2. One Fat Roach

One Fat Roach honey badger

Oddometer:
    Never heard of this event before, maybe cause I'm from Washington. I'll be in that area around that time and would love to join you. Do you have a link with more info?? What's it cost to register?
  3. nrvale0

nrvale0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's the site for Ironman DS w/ some information about the ride:

http://www.ironmandualsport.com/Riders_Club.php

The guy that puts these things on, Bob(?), started organizing these rides maybe like two years ago but he really seems to have gotten a head of steam this year. I registered for the Mercantile Rally also but wasn't able to make it due to family commitments so I'm hoping to make this one.

I was just on a cooler camping trip around Shasta/Klamath last week and would love to ride that area.
  4. Rockgarden Bob

Rockgarden Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    nrvaleo, I look forward to meeting you on the ride. This is actually our 7th year, but it does take time to get the word out and get recognized. The Ironman Dual Sport Rider's Club is an AMA chartered club with over 1000 active and honorary members. Other than our club rides, camp outs, etc. we spend a huge amount of effort working on trails and fighting for our rights for access to our public lands.
    Anyway to bad you missed the Mercantile Rally it was a fantastic ride. I'll start pre-riding the Mt.Shasta ride probably next week after the Wildwood 400. Hoping to find some new stuff and if I have time open an old un-used trail that I got stuck on last year and wound up spending the night in the woods. Her's a few pics from last year.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

This is where I wished I had my chain saw with me
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  5. nrvale0

nrvale0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info, Bob.

Gotta get my GPS situation sorted and I'm looking forward to doing the ride.