Swiss Riders Sign in...

Discussion in 'Europe' started by TurboCharger, Aug 19, 2010.

1. TurboCharger

TurboCharger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok I'm not technically a swiss rider although I ride and I am in switzerland so that's good enough for me.

I'm interested in meeting up with some other riders in Switzerland but I think that most of them just jump over the border in to neighbouring Italy, France or Germany...

If you ride and you live like me in CH drop us a message.
  2. TurboCharger

Oddometer:
    Given the lack of response I guess that there are no Swiss riders on this forum...
  3. Cooltours

Cooltours Do things right, or leave'em to be done by others

Oddometer:
    swiss bikers are on the hills at that time of the year;-) i've been in the dolomites the last 10 days.
    well, this here will not be the biggest groupe:thumb i guess but i'm happy that someone finally opened up the thread!
  4. NEVERLOST

NEVERLOST Banned

Oddometer:
    post in Schweizerdeutsc for better response
  5. TurboCharger

Oddometer:
    If it was a real language then it would be possible to write in Swiss-German but it isn't, it is only a spoken language so posts would have to be in German. :deal:rofl
  6. TurboCharger

Oddometer:
    The dolomites, ah yes, they are some of the best roads in Europe, too bad they're in Italy.:lol3
  7. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Oh.... in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Italy</st1:place></st1:country-region> they are...;-)
    <o:p></o:p>
    Uhm, zu Dinärä Info: Jedi sprooch chan au gschribä wärdä. Äs giit ganzi Bibliothekä voll vo Mundart-Büächer...
    <o:p></o:p>
    But, well, you're not totally wrong of course; There's no official written Swiss language indeed. Quiet amazingly most formal things we still manage to handle properly, as you might have found out in the meantime too;-)
    Maybe this is one of the reason for our rather "open" attitude towards learning foreign language; You won’t find many Swiss not speaking at least one foreign language (most likely they’ll speak two or more), and you won’t find many not knowing where the Dolomites are;-)

[​IMG]
  8. TurboCharger

Oddometer:
    Hey Cooltours or should that be Kulturs??

I like your style of schweizerdeutch but for other forum members it might also be nice to know that there are many versions (dialects) from Zürich, Bern, Basel, Grubünden to Valais and more. The funny thing is that you often don't even understand each other! Some secret language, so secret, you have to be born in Switzerland to speak it (one of the dialects).

Nice website by the way. Were you in the Dolomites on a tour or was it just for fun?

Send me a PM if you are ever down Nyon way, I'm always looking for an excuse to take my yellow GS out for a spin.
  9. elemental

elemental Tainted Adventurist

Oddometer:
    There's some great riding here in CH and you don't need to go anywhere near the alps and the hordes of German, Italian and French bikes, caravans and loaded station wagons screwing up your lines. Check out the Staffelegg, Bözberg and the BL/SO/AG borders. Awesome and normally deserted.
  10. TurboCharger

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I did a ride throught the French/Swiss Jura last weekend from St Cergue, La Cure to Champagnole then Besancon and returning by small roads Ornans, then over to the Vallee de Joux and back to Leman region via Col de Marchuriaz. An excellent day all in all and very little traffic.
  11. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    JURA!!! Psssst! Don't tell anybody!!! 100%-top-quality-high-class-not yet crowded-beautifull-insider' place!!
    3 Weeks ago en route with my brother... Ride Report in pipeline. Will have the title "Separatists Country"..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. elemental

elemental Tainted Adventurist

Oddometer:
    Yeah, or try Franche Comté for even less company. Swiss and French sides of Goumois border crossing for example.
  13. kejago

kejago Kev. Haute Savoie, France

Oddometer:
    Nyon? There are a few of us in Geneva or just accross the border... My riding season went for a loop this year with 2 accidents... yes, 2. And with one of them, I was walking!!! That one did my elbow in... and as soon as that was healing, I low sided my poor bike and broken my thumb pretty badly. :(:
  14. TurboCharger

Oddometer:
    Breaking your thumb would make it even difficult to type :type let alone the fact you couldn't walk!!!

I'm sorry to hear about anyone having an accident 2 in one season is a bit much. Was it on the KTM?

What happened?

Actually we had a close one, bit of a scare riding up to St Cergue. They had just patched the road and there was a lot of loose gravel, very hard to see and especially because it was fine. The gravel was mostly in the corners and on the middle of the lane and we slid out a on the gravel in the middle of the lane. I had just enough time to put my foot down then the tyres grabbed again on the tarmac and we kept going. Really just a scare, but not too nice with the GF on the back.
  15. TurboCharger

Oddometer:
    bump :D
  16. Beer

Beer 950 SE

Oddometer:
  17. TurboCharger

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tip but I don't need to book a tour, just meet fellow riders...
  18. Beer

Beer 950 SE

Oddometer:
    yes no problem i gathered that

if you go to the adv meet on the 8th-10th july which only costs about £60 including food and camping you will meet about 60 swiss & German adv riders all in one weekend:1drink
  19. TurboCharger

Oddometer:
    Good call. I'll have a look, might be able to duck out for a couple of hours but that weekend I've got in-laws on visit so it'll be tough to justify :(

Cheers!
  20. Jarvis

Jarvis DC GSer

Oddometer:
    I'm headed to Montreux in the beginning of June for a couple of days. Any suggestions as to whether/where it is possible to rent a bike while I'm there? :ear

Thanks!