The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    What I read is you have to race both races doing well in both of them...they are giving one car and one bike entry.

The thing is... will Roger Norman and Score have a roadbook or will it be ok to prerun if it is ribboned/signed.
  3. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    No Roadbook uses for the two Score/HDRA run and Gun !!!! is my guess
    my question is this for both Pro and Sportsman riders?????
    how will the determine Amateur status?
  4. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    They will have a seperate class for the Dakar Challenge

here are the rules

DEFINITION

A.S.O., organizer of the Dakar Rally, organizes a challenge called the ‘Dakar Challenge’, within the framework of the xxxx Rally, taking place from … to … 2013; the rider (in the BIKE category) and the crew (in the CAR category) winning the Challenge, in accordance with the rules defined below, will be awarded a free participation in the Dakar 2014.
    2. ELIGIBILITY

Riders and Crews are eligible to participate in the Dakar Challenge if none of the crew members has never taken part in the Dakar and/or been included within the 10 first overall of any round of the FIM Cross Country Rally World Championship (for the BIKE category) an (for the cars) part of the seeded drivers listed by the FIA or part of the ASO Elite list (for cars and bikes), and hold a driving licence covering them for the category they want to enter.
    3. PROCEDURE

In order to participate, riders / crews will be required to:

• Register for the xxxx Rally
    Registration for the Challenge will close at the same time as registration for the Rally.
    Signing up for the Dakar Challenge is free.
    By signing up for the Dakar Challenge, the rider / crew declares having familiarized itself with the conditions for participating in the Dakar 2014, and in particular the budget aspects.
    Signing up for the Dakar Challenge constitutes ‘pre-registration’ and therefore a ‘moral obligation’ to the Dakar 2014.
    4. WINNER

To be declared winner of the Dakar Challenge, the rider / crew will be required to:

• Appear on the Dakar Challenge enrolment list
    • Complete the Rally
    • Be the best Challenge participant appearing in the General ranking for the event.
    • Come within the top 70% of the best bike riders / crews in the Rally General ranking.
    5. PRIZE

The winning rider / crew will be awarded a free registration, valid only for the Dakar 2014.
    This registration includes:

• Sports dues
    • Return sea transport of the race vehicle between Europe and South America.
    • Catering on the bivouacs
    • Insurance (public liability and repatriation)
    • Hire of the GPS, safety beacon, Sentinel, and Iritrack
    • The transportation of one trunk and two wheels from bivouac to bivouac as well the technical support and advises from an ASO dedicated crew if the winning rider (bike category) register into the « Malle Moto » Challenge (Without assistance).
    • The fuel and refuelling services during the Special Stages for the bike category.
    Will still be under the responsability of the rider / crew:
    The race vehicle, management of the assistance, rider / crew apparel and helmet, personal travelling expenses, logistics overhead costs (tent, sleeping bag, etc.), the cost of accommodation and subsistence other than in the bivouacs.
    6. WITHDRAWAL

If the winning rider / crew is unable to participate in the Dakar 2014 for a medical or other serious reason (proof required), must warn the A.S.O. before 15th September 2013. An examination will be carried out by a sports doctor affiliated to an official sports organization designated by A.S.O.
    In the event the winning rider / crew would be unable to participate in the Dakar Rally after such date, and for the reasons listed here above, then, the second ranked crew classified to the challenge would be eligible, and so on.
    In the event the navigator of the winning crew (in the CAR category) is unable to participate in the Dakar 2014, the pilot would be authorized to register with another navigator as long as he complies with the rules defined in Point 2.
  5. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Regardless of the who, what, why etc is is fantastic that this opportunity is being offered in the US. After the ASO turned down quite a few "mericans" last year I was wondering if they gave up on marketing to the US (and us others on the continent). This shows some good face on the ASO's part to try to attract the us market in some shape or form.

Good luck to those who started training as soon as they saw the announcement and opportunity :freaky
  6. silentwolf

silentwolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wonder if this is what Jimmy Lewis was alluding to on the F5 thread? :huh
  7. silentwolf

Oddometer:
    Based on this type of thing, I don't see any reason CDP might not go Yamaha, specifically Yamaha FRANCE... They've had a long history: Peterhansel won how many times with them.. and how many others? I think the history might be worth it for him, not to mention the lack of any language barrier... :dunno

Only thirty a year..? That might be enough for manufacturer class... :rofl
  8. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    no I believe that was in reference about Scotty's Baja Rally
  9. silentwolf

Oddometer:
    I've looked into this as far as doing the Australasian Safari... Thing is, as you read, you can't say I'll go if I win, it's just a chance at free ride for those already going. It's actually a pretty good deal, if you already plan on doing the rally.

The thing I question is that Baja and Reno runs don't have a roadbook, so aside from terrain and riding really fast, how does that help the rider qualifying for Dakar? I suppose it is a leg up nonetheless, and it sounds like they are looking for more competitive (read:fast) riders... :wink:
  10. silentwolf

Oddometer:
  11. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
  12. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    I saw on facebook he was in a marathon or is....safe to assume a marathon runner can ride a bike? I say yes :D
  13. doyle

Oddometer:
    I hope so and I see he was cleared to get back on the bike not too long ago, I am just not sure if that translates into clear to race a multi-day rally for HRC.
  14. too old

Oddometer:
    He has been back on the bike about 10 days or so now, but putting the miles in to catch up for lost time - riding every other day off road for several hours will see him race ready :clap

No marathons, just a triathlon and plenty of running, gym and cycling for fitness - that side of it won't be an issue either, there won't be too many who can match him for that!

Both arms have healed well, just a bit of slight soreness in the bad one, but nothing to worry about, it's at full strength and no issue for racing.:clap:clap

As for determination, well, with the events of the last few months there isn't anyone in rally who will match him for that, he will just need to keep his concentration and focus as much as anything else.

3 weeks to go now and I believe the rider list will be published the evening of the 24th, so all eyes will be on whether a certain CDP is riding and for whom.
    I'm not sure if he has ever been to Abu Dhabi, it's always been Coma's domain, in fact I believe they rarely went head to head outside the Dakar, last years Morocco perhaps being one of the rare exceptions?:freaky
  15. doyle

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. Tell Sam, we're rooting for a good showing!
  16. rallyman1978

rallyman1978 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 echoing doyles sentiments :freaky
  17. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1

Also tell him to stop this crashing thing. :D
  18. too old

Oddometer:
    Trust me, there was little or nothing he could do in Ca to avoid it:eek1

He has also confirmed he didn't enjoy the experience, but you would know all about that :rofl:rofl:rofl
  19. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was it disclosed how he and Zanol crashed during testing in Califronia?

While we're on the subject,
    Has Zanol recovered at all? What were his injuries?
  20. too old

Oddometer:
    As far as I know it was a normal "accident" if there is such a thing, the injuries were to the head, he is at home recuperating but no idea of the status. He replied to a tweet from Pizzolito the other day, but nothing more than what is in public domain, so very little really.