Memphis area dinner ride

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by SCQTT, Jul 13, 2008.

1. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:

Get to work, I don't want any of that shit falling from the sky.
  2. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    I had a good time. I assume Sled peeled off at Raliegh Lagrange instead of following me to Macon. That mirror is really there for looks so I never saw him drop off.
  3. Grizz Adams

Grizz Adams When in Doubt Throttle Out!!

Oddometer:
    If anyone wants to ride on Sunday let me know by shooting me an email. joshualgraves@gmail.com

I can get mail on my phone, but when I leave work I cannot check this site. Leave me your number and we can work out where to meet and ride. C-Ya later.
  4. Grizz Adams

Oddometer:
    Well since no one wanted to go play, I went and played by myself. I found some great DS roads out near Chickasaw State Park. Lots of gravel no real "trails", but all in all it was fun. Around 120 miles round trip.

Also would there be any chance of having the "dinner ride" this week on Tues? My aniversary is on Thursday.
  5. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    Josh, I can't on Tues, I have to babysit my girlfriend's daughter for a few hours after work. I am out this Thursday for a dinner ride as well.

Work is sending me out of state for a meeting Friday morining. The good news is I'll be in AR and I'm talking the XCH with me so I'll get a chance to ride Friday afternoon and Saturday on some good roads.

I didn't ride on Sunday except a mile or so over to Viper6's house for dinner. His wife is an awesome cook.
  6. Grizz Adams

Oddometer:
    Have fun in AR. THat is always good when you get to play a little on the out of town work trips. If Vipers wife is such a good cook then maybe we should have one of the dinner rides at his house! :wink:
  7. rco

rco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd like to join you for one of these dinners and / or rides, I just need to know when so I can try to make plans and clear the time.

I'm doing waaaay too much commuting on my bike...:cry
    I've even re-geared it so it runs better on the 240 loop, man that suuuucks.:huh

somebody save me, please.:freaky
  8. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I guess since I was the official photographer at the meet last week, I ought to post the pics.

I arrived first. When I got there, this was the only sign of another bike I could see.

[​IMG]

I waited around for a while. My bike looked pretty lonely by itself.

[​IMG]

At about 7:15, I began to think I'd be the only one there... but then backup arrived. We immediately went in to eat. Here's the only grub shot I got:

[​IMG]

To be honest, I think the general consensus was that the food wasn't all that good.

Before I knew it, we were up and outside, gearing up to leave.

[​IMG]

Nice time... we should do it again, though I probably won't be here. I'm leaving the country in a couple of weeks.

Jamie
  9. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    That beef brisket was like jerky. The place is good catfish nights, but I can not reccomend it other nights. Live and learn.
  10. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:

Left to right Sled, Mini Trail & me.
  11. Grizz Adams

Oddometer:
    Great Pics. Sorry I missed that one. THe WOlf River Cafe has good breakfast and catfish other that that it is definately nothing to write home about.

Any chance of Mon or Tues? Any resteraunt suggestions?
  12. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    I am going to do 7:00 Thursday the 21s at Deli Mexicana in Gemantown. Right on Germantown Parkway next to the Wolf River across from The Chik-Fil-A.

I am in AR on business the next few days so this Thurs is out. I might hit Joe's late tonight.
  13. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    My wife wants me out of the house this weekend, anyone doing any dual sport or trail riding?
  14. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    I'll see you there.

Already set a reminder.

(Yes... I really will make it this time. :shog)
  15. Grizz Adams

Oddometer:
    I might be able to get out. When were you thinking and how long of a ride?
  16. DeBandi

DeBandi Exploring Alabama

Oddometer:
    Guys,

I will be spending some time around the Ozarks in September with an old friend. He just purchased an '08 KLR. We have a another buddy that we would like to take with us. Any possibilities of renting a KLR around Memphis or Southern Missouri? I have rented KLRs before in the Smokey Mtns. and just wondered if I might could do the same around the Ozarks.

Thanks for your help guys:thumb
  17. stinkfinger

stinkfinger Chickenfat dirtbiker

Oddometer:
    I dont know of any klr rentals around memphis. It's not really
    the kind of town to rent something like that. Harley's ya can.
    Most bike shops in memphis, the only thing they survive on is
    sportbike sales and possibly 4 wheelers for the hunters and farmers.
    I was in an old suzuki/kaw shop the other day and the only dirtbike
    they had on the floor was a klx140?
    Kinda hurt my feelings:lol3
    Dont know for sure tho.
    If ya do make it to memphis and wanna ride (dual sport) let me know.
    Theres some places to ride in N Ms.
    To be honest tho, if your travelin to ride,stop in memphis for food,and keep goin into Ar. or S Missouri
    Sad but true:cry

Tony
  18. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    Saturday or Sunday, I usually leave around 11:00 and come back around 5 or 6:00. I really need to do some trail riding to improve skills and stamina. I have done two hare scrambles and they are just killing me. I'm just out of ideas on where to go without loading the truck and driving a couple of hours (which I am not against I just don't want to go it alone).

I have been thinking about doing the TAT west towards Arkansas. It's been a while since I did that and I turned around near Potts Camp. Maybe there is something interesting past that. I drop into the trail south of LaGrange near the Sugar Farm.
  19. Grizz Adams

Oddometer:
    Mini,

Sent you a PM with my number. GIve me a shout and maybe we can work out something
  20. rco

rco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested in tagging along on sunday if you don't mind dealing with a complete noob. :D