Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    How'd all those pesky klr threads get ahead of us? :amazon

I added the quiet core to the spark arrestor. I can't tell if it's any quieter? I'm legal for a visual spark arrestor inspection and have done my best to reduce the noise. Time for riding...single track day on saturday. :thumb

[​IMG]
  2. MoonRock

MoonRock High Energy Atomic Nuclei

Oddometer:
    Got laid up for a few days, might be a while before I’m 100% again. If there is a next year I’m going up and over that last hill on Black Gulch. In fact I might stand on top of that hill and mark it as mine.
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
    Anyways about the XD Helmet.
    I would say that the venting is reasonable but the face shield fogs up. In fact it seems to fog up faster than any other helmet I can remember.
    At night the face shield creates a reflection on the inside. Some times one set of taillights looks like two. The reflection is only a minor distraction out in the country but in the city, lets say splitting lanes at night, could be an issue for some folks.
    Off road I found that I preferred leaving my goggles in my backpack and just use the face shield but that’s with just one guy in front of me. The more guys you ride with the more of an issue it becomes. I wouldn’t say it was hot I would say it vents well but still gets fogged up when it gets cool outside.
    The best part about this helmet is the crown has a long oval shape and fits my head perfect.
  3. Ted West

Ted West n00b-ish

Oddometer:
    Dude, what happened? Are you cool?
    That doesn't sound good. Hope you're doing well. Good luck!

-TEd

PS Thanks for the helmet info. For the $ I think I'll stay happy with my MX helmet.
  4. Ruffus

Ruffus Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer:
  5. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Went out and put some miles on today. 700 miles on the clock now. I'll get the service out of the way and park it until the Sheetiron 300. The rear tire won't take much more, I'll be amazed if it goes to 1200 miles.

All the OHV trails at Foresthill are closed for repairs right now, they said they want to open the trails by wed. So I went up to see how the snow looked going over to Soda Springs. I didn't make it very far. I could make good progress in the tire tracks that were iced over, but fresh untracked snow stopped me.

[​IMG]

Wandered down to a gold mining operation.

[​IMG]

Then down to the old town of Deadwood.

[​IMG]

Not doing that section alone. :loco

[​IMG]

Ran a little bit of the single track on loop 6, it's a double black diamond trail so I didn't do much of it.

[​IMG]

Stopped for some pizza in Foresthill. People really dig the husky, I get arm pumps out the window when I go by, people wanting pics with it, people coming up to me at gas stations wanting to talk. :thumb

Some people that took a pic in front of the bike. I got the impression in my listening in that they hadn't seen each other in a really long time.

[​IMG]
  6. husky123

husky123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice pics Larryboy. I hear you on the rear tire. If it makes it to 1200 miles I'd be surprised too. I got a lot more out of the Karoo on my 650L. Must be the additional power of the 610.:dunno

BTW....the tank looks great! I might have to pull the trigger on one soon.
  7. MoonRock

Oddometer:
    Nice pics Larry Boy.

I have 900 on my stock rear tire and its about toast.
  8. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Sounds like I better order a tire. My next run will be about 500 miles and if it rains it'll be muddy.
  9. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    Hey larryboy. A bunch of us from BC came down and did the Sheetiron last year. Great run. I can't make it this year though.
  10. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Yeah I think I remember you guys? School bus that was giving you guys trouble? Whatever happened on that?
  11. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    We made it back but the engine packed it in. A new and improved bus was picked up in New Hampshire this winter. It will be there for the Sheet Iron this year.
  12. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    I'll keep an eye out for it, sorry you can't make it this year. It's looking like it might be dusty this year. It's supposed to get really hot this week.
  13. ronsolo

ronsolo Hooplehead

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

What did you do about your leaky petcock? Mine just started leaking today.:huh

I'm going to put my 5 gallon tank on so maybe I can just fix it then.

I've heard JB Weld?

Ummm, so I'm a computer guy and just learning this stuff but what do you do with the JB Weld? Just smear it around the putty already there? I've never used it before. I've heard mention of it in conversations involving duct tape, etc. :D
  14. MoonRock

Oddometer:

Read through Bid Dogs adventure there is something in there about the petcock leaking and him fixing it somehow.. good luck.

FTC
  15. SD929

SD929 RandomTask

Oddometer:
    Where am I and what am I doing in this basket?
    JB weld baby! I just did mine this weekend. Search for a thread I started, Xfool put some really good photos to illustrate the point. But basically drain your tank, optionally you can remove it, I didn't but you can. Pull out the petcock (pay attention to the low sensor wire, you'll need to plug that back in. Dig out the old epoxy ( I used a dental tool ) clean it up good, and then put the JB weld back in. Pay special attention to get as much as JBweld into the tube that leads towards the top of the petcock where the wire comes through. Mines been holding for about 72 hours now. Xfool also had a great tip, to ziptie the cable to the top of the petcock just below the flange for strain relief. It's an easy fix, don't worry about it.

-L
  16. ronsolo

ronsolo Hooplehead

Oddometer:
    Ahh thanks, here it is. Not sure if this should go in the 610 Index Thread or not.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225629

Really great bike with a few simple problems. The junior engineers must have worked on the speedos and petcocks. :D
  17. husky123

husky123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any '07 owners having this leaky petcock problem?:ear
  18. ronsolo

ronsolo Hooplehead

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the petcock help.

Here are some pics of a recent ride as appreciation for the help. :D

These were taken in the Danskin mountains on the way to Prairie, ID. I had originally planned a more adventurous ride but land closures prevented my entry. I don't think the land will be accessible again either. :cry

So I just took the dirt road which was very beautiful too. When I fit my new tank I can get way up in the woods and possibly I might be able to pop out on the highway close to Sun Valley or Sawtooth City.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will add this and just a fyi Dan at Motoxotica sells a replacement petcock for around 28.00 if you want to keep stock tank for use or if you just want to eliminate the stock petcock. My stock petcock would not shut off fuel completely so I ordered one to replace the biatch...:D

Dan
  20. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sweet pics!!!