Stupid Things Notmybike...has done. Wouldn't you like to be stupid too?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by notmybikemodelname, Nov 1, 2011.

1. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    By the way, have you seen Pebbles since she grew up? I think she's got her mom and Mrs. Flintstone beat. She's got a pretty tough boyfriend, though, so watch out...

[​IMG]
  2. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    I'm more of a Vanessa from Phineas and Ferb Kind of guy.

[​IMG]

Or Vidia from Tinker Bell

[​IMG]
  3. bumblebee1

bumblebee1 All bikes are dirt bikes

Oddometer:
    They make dolls?!?!? Just think of the possibilities :tb
  4. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    Life sized...

[​IMG]
  5. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    OK stop staring at the life sized Vidia, and tell some more stupid stories...
  6. scorpion

scorpion Two arm bandit

Oddometer:
    Both of 'em :evil
    [​IMG]
  7. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    I liked Zardo Zap from the Wiggles. Is that wrong?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HK8i2SOIqeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes....
  9. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    That's perfectly understandable, if you're on LSD! I think my brain went numb watching that video. Wierd.:huh
  10. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    you have to be on LSD to get this one. skip to 2:30. :eek1

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NQ-nif4rXGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. bumblebee1

Oddometer:
    here's a different kind of weird.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JOrDgXE8QHE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
  12. herrhelmet

herrhelmet Land n sea adv

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl
  13. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    For a second there, I thought I was on a different thread called "Stupid videos I watched on Notmybikemodelname's thread".

How about a story about another stupid thing I did in my youth:

When I was about 17 years old, I was visiting an acquaintance at his house. It turns out another acquaintance was there who had just bought a 2 stroke dirt bike (I think it was a late 70's YZ400 or something). He was driving a car at the time, and couldn't figure out how we would get the dirt bike back to his home in the next town. I said it would be easy, as I had been riding small dirt bikes around town for most of my teenage years with no problems, other than a few short chases.

It was about 2 miles just to the edge of town, then about 3 more miles to the next town. Piece of cake right? Well, I didn't realize it had gotten dark outside, and the "new" bike had no lights. As a side note: I used to wear my perscription sunglasses at all times day or night to avoid carrying my other pair. So off I go...

The bike had pretty good power, so if anyone chased me in town, I was unaware of it. Dodging cars and traffic lights at 40mph wasn't that much different than on a bicycle at 15mph. My real problem was when I reached the edge of town, and had no cover. That's when the chase began. He got behind me just as I ran the last light in town, flashing the brights for me to pull over. Instead of the direct route, I decided to go through an industrial park just outside town that would take me to with about a mile or so of a system of canals leading to the next town. I kept making turns, but couldn't shake him. I was gaining speed with each turn, and was now cornering like a flat track racer, but with knobbies on pavement! As I covered the straightaway leading to the canal, he was within feet of my rear tire, flashing the lights and honking the horn. I was betting my life on the fact that a law enforcement officer wouldn't run me over.

I made it to the canal turn off, and took it at full speed. Just barely keeping the bike upright I sped away down the canal. I knew there was another side road where he could catch me if I didn't keep up the pace, so I kept it pinned. About 100 yards past the last road, I tried to make a turn onto the next canal bank, and lost it. I slid out at about 25mph, and landed chest first into a telephone pole. The bike stalled, and all was silent except for the ringing in my ears. I layed there gasping for air for what seemed like an eternity, trying to stay low in case a spotlight was shone my way. After about 15 minutes, I got back on the bike, and started it up. About 1 more mile of canal banks led me to my destination.

When I walked in the front door, everyone was laughing hysterically at me. It turns out the car chasing me all that way was the owner of the bike! He said at first he was just covering my six, but then began to play along as I started to panic. To this day, I still consider that guy an acquaintance, rather than friend.
  14. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    I was out riding last weekend with a friend of mine who I have gotten in more trouble with than I care to discuss, and for legal reasons probably shouldn't on this thread.

We were drinking a bottle of Jack this weekend while riding out in Jo Valley and he reminded me of how wasteful and stupid I can be sometimes.

I used to own a snowboard factory back in the 80's and 90's, and it routinely turned into a place for all of the local Hutnington Beach surf/skate/snow crowd to hang out while bands played. On Friday nights we used to have a few kegs delivered, take the chains off the half pipes, call up a band or two and party until the cops showed up.

One time we did this and a few of my friends showed up with a case of Glenfidich single malt small batch for a gift for my birthday. I didn't want to crack the good stuff open for the crowd that was there and asked one of my employees to stash it for me until I went home.

Things got very out of hand that night, and around 2am, after almost everyone had left, I pulled out an SAR-8 and an AR-15 to do some shooting inside my factory. My friend Hoover and I spent about 10 minutes and 10 or more 30 round clips blowing apart this old refrigerator I had in my factory, along with some other obsoltete pieces of equipment and 20 or 30 snowboards. What a good time that was. :rofl

Later, my wife piled my drunk ass into her brand new car that I had just thrown up all over, and I went home. Strangely enough I woke up at about 6:30AM and went back to the factory to start the day. When I arrived I felt a little queezy and decided that I needed "some of the hair of the dog that bit me" to feel a little more lively. So I looked all over the offices for the Single Malt that was put away for me the night before. I couldn't find it anywhere.:hmmmmm

When my employee, Jeff, showed up that had stashed it for me, I asked him where it was. He led me out into the factory and pointed across the the floor and said, "It's over there, oooooooooooooooooooh MY GOD! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE REFRIGERATOR"

:doh

Not one single bottle survived.
  15. bumblebee1

Oddometer:
    I had never really caught on to the meaning of St-Valentine's day until that particular day.

Back in 02 on St-Valentine's day, I was at the mechanic's getting my car fixed. We had a conversation about that evening and the fact that I hadn't bought anything for my wife yet. He said that he covered the evening at the restaurant and that his wife was good with that. I thought to myself "great idea". So without consulting my better half, I planed to pay for a good restaurant and that would be it. Problem solved. :evil

My wife gets home from work and I mention that I'm taking her out to dinner. The youngest at the time were six and seven. We're both dressed and ready to go, patiently waiting on the oldest daughter of 15 to show up from school to baby-sit. She doesn't show up. By about 8:00 my wife decides to change inter her evening wear and calls it a night. She then pulls out a gift card and some chocolate that she bought for me, and awaits my gifts for her. I sheepishly mention I didn't buy her anything as I had a nice evening out planned for her. She was not too impressed at that one. Not much was said and I thought I had dodged the bullet. The evening was not over yet.

Just then the daughter walks in with her moose on a noose. I asked her where the hell she had been. She was at the mall with her boyfriend who had bought her a dozen roses, some chocolate and a new safire ring with about five diamonds around it. :eek2
    I looked down at the ring and could feel the heat on the top of my head, coming from the wife's glare. I now knew I was in deep shit. What the hell was I thinking? :baldyWhy didn't I at least buy her a card? She raises her eyes and says "I'm going to my room". That's it. I'm done now. She's there to decide what punishment to give out and how long it's going to last. I turn to my daughter and ask her what took so long. She thought we were going out at around 9:00, so she took her sweet time coming home. Now she asks "why didn't you get her anything?"... :shog Checkmate.

Having learnt a few things from past experience, I know better than to stay there and wait for punishment. I dodge out the door, into the car and head to the the nearest mall's gift shop. I run through the store and spot a nice little $10 teddy bear with a $25 price tag right on the paper heart. Good enough. I grab a card and pen while I'm there, bring it to the cash and wait my turn. The girl smiles and asks "last minute shopping?" I say "No! Last minute was four hours ago. This is damage control!". She smirks a little and hands me my change.

I rush home to find the wife in the living room wondering where the hell I had gone to. It took an hour of convincing and apologising before she accepted my gift. All in all, she has no choice but to forgive me. That's what wives are for.

She still has the teddy bear as a reminder of that day. And I now have a better understanding of St-Valentine's day. I guess it was a learning experience for me.
  16. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    Would a new set of motorcycle tires be a good Valentine's Day gift? After all, she sometimes rides on the back, and I am just trying to make sure she's safe...no?

Ooh, I know! How about a certificate promising to NOT throw up on her car?

Why does it have to be so complicated?
  17. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    :rofl
  18. bumblebee1

Oddometer:
    Not if you take off the passenger foot pegs.
  19. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    Now that really would get me in trouble.:annie
  20. bumblebee1

Oddometer:
    Footpegs are like those microphones between rider and passenger.

"Sorry honey, they don't make a model that fits on my bikes.":evil