East of Phoenix Rider's Group

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by 750Volts!, Oct 21, 2010.

1. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    I dress funny because it pisses my wife off.
  2. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe she wouldn't be so mad if you would stop wearing her cloths...
  3. 7164

7164 1 above potato patch

Oddometer:
    Ahh crap, sorry to hear you banged up your leg.....glad you had the boots on!
  4. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    ZING!

:rofl
  5. fanatic291

fanatic291 Desert Tortoise

Oddometer:
    I am thinking about riding up 4 peaks road and returning through Apache trail on the 4th of July.

I want to leave super early again... between 4:30-5:00. The temps worked out great at sheeps bridge last Saturday.

The Desert Tortoise will be riding an average of 30 mph, so the fast riders will have plenty of time to take pictures along the way.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Aaron
  6. Slowred

Slowred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unless, we(me) are just unlucky. No I don't buy lottery tickets either. :cry
  7. MrGoldfish

MrGoldfish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm going to be on my own ride that day! :clap Check out my ride report if you get the chance.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=895265

Have fun though. That's a great ride.
  8. 4play

4play Next?

Oddometer:
    Yeah you had some damage, but you were pretty certain that neck brace allowed it to be a rescue, instead of just recovering the body. Looking at the helmet & the neck brace it definately was limiting how far your head moved. I'm still considering one..
  9. IBRiding

IBRiding Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey all,

I am going to ride up to Eager Via the Salt river canyon and come back Sunday on the devils highway after going through Blue. I will also try and work in some easy dirt along the way. If anyone would like to join in let me know and we can work out all the details. Time to get out of the heat if just for little while.

Bill
  10. WantToRideMoar

WantToRideMoar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interested.

I live at Val Vista and US 60.

Definitely not a super-experienced offroader. I've got a grand total of about 150-200 miles offroad under my belt. Easy stuff, just dirt roads basically.

What time you anticipate being back in town?
  11. fanatic291

Oddometer:
    The ride is 100 miles. I would think it would take 4 hrs on the conservative side.

If we leave early we could be back by 8:30 or 9:00.

This trail was easier for me than Sheeps Bride, because the road did not seem as slippery. The dirt is a lot different. There is not as many sections of the decomposed granite, so my Shinko 705's gripped better.
  12. WantToRideMoar

WantToRideMoar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All set. New rear tire on the bike, I'll break it in tonight and make sure it's keeping pressure and not likely to fly off mid-trail or anything.:rofl

See you tomorrow.
  13. fanatic291

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. Looks like the weather will be perfect AZ weather...Warm and Sunny at 5 in the morning.
  14. CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fanatic291- im interested in joining you tomorrow. Where are you guys going to be meeting up? I live at Gilbert rd and the 60.

You can call me when ever at 623-3-3-0- 0 4 1 7 :wink:
    PM sent.
  15. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who's nuking posts.....:lol3

16. fanatic291

Oddometer:
    How did you get the picture to show. It is x'd on my screen, so I nuked it...Now you get to show it?

Being a noob is so awesome.
  17. fanatic291

Oddometer:
    If this picture posts...This was the 4 peaks ride from this morning. 120 miles round trip. WantToRideMoar and I met in mesa and we joined up with Rickcool72 at the top of 4 peaks.

I think it rained a little last night, because the dust was almost nonexistent. We had a really good time.

[​IMG]
  18. fanatic291

Oddometer:
    Is there a magic geni that I need to pay off for the pictures to work. Will someone link me to a thread, so I can figure this out?

Here is the link to the pics of our ride.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fanatic291/
  19. 7164

7164 1 above potato patch

Oddometer:
    Here is the main "how to post an image" thread....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919

I use Smugmug not Flicker so i'm a bit stuck on giving you specifics for your set up, but it basically has to host the photo off site....get a URL link from your picture host site, copy the URL, hit the yellow box w/the mountainsi n the tool bar above the text box on the reply screen, paste your URL into that box and hit okay....if you're doing all that already make sure you aren't accidently leaving a double http:// in the stream, i did that a few times....the link photo (yellow mountain) box puts a http:// in the box but when I cut the URL from my photo host it has one in it too....now I just paste over the one in the short cut.....it could work both ways i guess, if Fliker isnt putting an http:// in the URL and you are pasting over the one in the shortcut box
  20. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well...when I went to your Flickr page and just used the 'share' link it not would show up....so then I grabbed the HTML/BBC code and copied the link from within that...

" http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5546/9211089052_13b4d1fe0c_b.jpg "

minus the quotes...I like Smugmug....supports this site and is super easy(not free though)....rest of your pics are great looks like a fun ride...
    sorry I missed it but riding to the meet up from down here simply adds an hour....