Central sandbox tag-o-Rama

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by jaydee1445, May 19, 2009.

1. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Leroy was here replacement HIstoric Kissengen Springs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Nice boardwalk
    [​IMG]
  5. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Peace River Hammock Replacement

Waverly Growers Garage

[​IMG]
  6. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Imperial R/C Field replacement

West Caribbean Cuban Restaurant (yum)

[​IMG]
  7. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    Well, its official.........Four Corners, one rider, one day......plus other tags along the way! :evil
    691 miles logged.
    Pictures and details tomorrow......... Right now, I'm HUNGRY!!! (and my ears are ringing a little bit.....)
    Good seein' you guys for lunch today John and Paula!
  8. Johno33772

Johno33772 Johnny Africa

Oddometer:

Where did you land up for lunch?
  9. TurboBonefish

TurboBonefish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well you FF:clap that was my desytiny:ricky As i sit here in Cincanniti. Way to go:clap
  10. LarryGee

LarryGee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm ready... We got a date yet?
  11. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    Ended up at Smokin' Joes BBQ............
    And I did go all the way out to the Rod and Reel pier.
    It will be one of the replacement tags when I do the whole writeup tomorrow.
    I'm ready for bed!
    Sfront, OUT!
  12. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Highlight of our day! Good to see you as well. Imagine my surprise when I see anther KTM in Bowling Green:D

Congrats on the 4c, you were excited about it at lunch even though you had a ways to go!
  13. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    Might as well start with the pix.
    Left the house in Deland just after 4:00 am.
    Picked up my first tag at the FR 88 Shooting Range just after 5:00
    Got the bonus too!

[​IMG]

My eyes are closed because after blinding myself with the flash four times prior to
    actually getting all the required elements I finally got smart!
    Range, bike self, and weapon.......Bonus complete.

[​IMG]

Just the other side of Ocala on CR326 it got REALLY foggy and cold.
    Rain gear put in use.
    The farther north I went, the thicker it got.
    Visibility down to less than 50 feet in spots. Did I say it was wet??
    Ne[SIZE=4]xt stop[SIZE=4], Dakotah Winery, just outside of Chiefland.
    [SIZE=4]Not open at 6:45am............

[IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/s/sfrontauria_Four%2520Corners_DakotahWinery1.jpg[/IMG]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

I have to come back this way so I'll see if I can't get a better picture then.
    Next stop, Four Corner tag number one.
    Horseshoe Beach.....about 7:30am

[​IMG]

There must have been a hundred hunters/trucks down every side road.
    The fog was so thick on CR351 that it seemed like it was raining.
    Back to the Dakotah Winery......
    With a little daylight I could see the truck in the original tag picture.
    Best I could do with the gates closed.....

[​IMG]

South to Four Corners tag number two. The Ga[SIZE=4]mble Pla[SIZE=4]ntation[SIZE=4], Ellenton. ~12:45pm

[IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/s/sfrontauria_Four%2520Corners_DSC02270.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/s/sfrontauria_Four%2520Corners_DSC02272.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=4]I actually [SIZE=4]made a [SIZE=4]side tr[SIZE=4]ip be[SIZE=4]foreh[SIZE=4]and to get a repl[SIZE=4]acement tag.
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Added a[SIZE=4]bout an hour to the trip.
    [SIZE=4]Got some fuel and [SIZE=4]started looking for some food.......
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Ended up at a previously tagged spot in Bowling Green, Smokin[SIZE=4]' Joes[SIZE=4] BB[SIZE=4]Q.
    [SIZE=4]
    [IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/s/sfrontauria_Four%2520Corners_DSC02273.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=4]Soon to be joined by some locals........

[IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/s/sfrontauria_Four%2520Corners_DSC02275.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=4]John and Paul[SIZE=4]a........af[SIZE=4]fe[SIZE=4]ctiona[SIZE=4]tely [SIZE=4]know hereabouts a[SIZE=4]s [SIZE=4]sanjoh and [SIZE=4]sanpau.

[IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/s/sfrontauria_Four%2520Corners_DSC02276.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=4]My twenty minute lu[SIZE=4]nch stop turned into an hour[SIZE=4]...no worries[SIZE=4], I'm making good time.
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]I had checked the forum at 3:30am and s[SIZE=4]aw that Larry Gee [SIZE=4]had picked off two t[SIZE=4]a[SIZE=4]gs
    that I had on my route but there was still another out there to be had.....
    [SIZE=4]John [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]says.....don't bother!
    Already been done......oh well, on[SIZE=4]ward to Four Corners [SIZE=4]tag number three, [/SIZE]Vero.

[SIZE=4]This seemed to be the longest stretch of the trip alth[SIZE=4]ough milage wi[SIZE=4]s[/SIZE]e its not.
    [SIZE=4]Jaycee Park, Vero Beach......wat[SIZE=4]ch out for the local drivers....they suck.

[IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/s/sfrontauria_Four%2520Corners_DSC02278-1.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=4]Time for a few more local [SIZE=4]tag[SIZE=4]s.......the ones Mark1304 didn't get yesterday.
    [SIZE=4]I mean come[SIZE=4] on! They've sat forever[SIZE=4] and you decide to pi[SIZE=4]ck them off on a Friday.
    [SIZE=4]First of[SIZE=4]f is the [SIZE=4]no longer there Blockbuster, 142 Ma[SIZE=4]labar [SIZE=4]Rd.
    [SIZE=4]I asked a few of the local folks which empty store[SIZE=4]fro[SIZE=4]nt it was and four out o[SIZE=4]f five
    [SIZE=4]peeps said it was h[SIZE=4]ere[SIZE=4] [SIZE=4]in the corner.
    I'll need a r[SIZE=4]uling on this one.
    [SIZE=4]The[SIZE=4]y've completely remodeled the whole strip mall.[SIZE=4]
    The gums all removed [SIZE=4]from the sidewalk alth[SIZE=4]ou[SIZE=4]gh [SIZE=4]y[SIZE=4]ou can tell where i[SIZE=4]t was!

[IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/s/sfrontauria_Four%2520Corners_DSC02279.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Next stop, Cocoa Village Playhouse. I'm not telling the wife about the area.

[​IMG]

Nice ride up Forrest Rd which turns onto US1.
    Great ride up along the river to the next tag.
    The Enchanted Forest Sanctuary on Columbia Blvd.
    Shadows are getting long and I've still got to tag Flagler[SIZE=4]![/SIZE]

[​IMG]

North it is, as the s[SIZE=4]un goes d[SIZE=4]own.
    [SIZE=4]Four corners [SIZE=4]tag number four, the Fl[SIZE=4]agler [SIZE=4]Pier, around 7:30pm.

[IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/s/sfrontauria_Four%2520Corners_DSC02284.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=4]And now just a short forty [SIZE=4]f[SIZE=4]ive minute run to the house.
    [SIZE=4]690.7 miles for the tour. GPS had it as a li[SIZE=4]ttle more, but who's counting..

[IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/s/sfrontauria_Four%2520Corners_DSC02287.jpg[/IMG]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Replacement tags up next!
  14. LarryGee

LarryGee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd like to introduce a new player to the game, AG Streak. he's been on ADV for a long time but has never played tag .
    He lives in Pinellas county like me so hopefully well get a few down our neck of the woods so you central state guys & gals will have to head our way for a change....

He's desperately trying to get the Patterson park tag uploaded from his phone. I told him he would get bruced if he doesn't get it on quickly...
  15. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    Replacement tag for the Dakotah Winery.
    I'll call it CR's 304 & 305.

[​IMG]

16. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    Replacement tag for the FR88 Shooting range.
    Camp Winona.

[​IMG]

Both pix required......ya gotta pass one to get to the other so no big deal.

[​IMG]

17. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    Bonus tag for the FR88 Range, bike, self and weapon requirement.
    The Rod and Reel Pier.
    This one kinda adds an exclamation point if you get it while doing the Four Corners.
    This was my one hour side trip.

[​IMG]

18. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    Replacement tag for the Cocoa Village Playhouse.
    The hat may be time sensitive.......

[​IMG]

19. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    Replacement tag for the Enchanted Forest Sanctuary.
    Some more forest......Lake George WMA, Sandy Drain Rd.

[​IMG]
  20. sfront

sfront Chaos in Motion

Oddometer:
    Replacement tag for the Defunct Blockbuster in Malabar.
    Volusia Bar boat ramp. Airboat owners favorite.

[​IMG]

I'll remove this if anyone cries foul over the Blockbuster location........