2013 Barber Vintage Festival.....Oct 11-13

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Moto-Kafe, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who is going?? Staying where??

If you have never attended this Festival, you don't know what you are missing!!!! Beautiful Alabama October weather (i.e. mild, for the most part), usually dry, 3 days of Vintage Racing Action....MX, Road Racing, and Trials. 460 Vendor Swap Meet Area (where I will be hanging, Spot #H-30)......the Jerry Wood Vintage Bike Auction........THE Museum (of course), with the bottom floor open to the Public (which is rare), Vendor Displays, stunt show and skydive act during the lunch hour Sat/Sunday, The Ace Corner, Vintage Bike Shows daily, etc, etc........all set on a Country Club Landscaped Complex!!

For more info, check here:
    https://barbermotorsports.com/park/

Vintage Auction Info (see early consignments)
    www.jwoodandcompany.com

Note: all camping on the grounds has sold out already.........
    General Public allowed on site Friday, not Thursday.
  2. 2tallnwide

2tallnwide Long timer

Oddometer:
    My wife Angela, and I will be there. We are staying at Oak Mountain State Park...first time for us, looking forward to it.

Going to hit the Indian demo rides on the 11th....

OCT 11, 2013 BIRMINGHAM, AL... Indian Motorcycle of Birmingham 505 COBB ST

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/demo-tour

Should be at the festival all day Saturday, then heading to the north Ga mountains Sunday for a week, have another forum ride/get together that runs the 16th thru the 20th....:ricky
  3. scoutDad

scoutDad IBA#203

Oddometer:
    I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday, I will be volunteering for the Museum and working in the Fun Zone area near Turn 9. Look for the Barber tent, because I will be selling Barber Museum Memberships (shameless plug), but you don't have to buy a membership to stop by, say hello, introduce yourself, and talk bikes.:D

Shameless plug #2: I plan to have my 2007 ST1300 (listed for sale in the ADV Flea Market) there with me, in case anyone wants to take a look at it.:deal

Sunday, I will just be hanging out and enjoying the best event that happens during the entire year at Barber Motorsports.:clap

This really is a great event, I never miss it. I am not much of a "crowd" person, but the folks that attend the Vintage Festival are the coolest folks of any of the large crowds that come to the big weekends at Barber. Great bikes to see, a great swap meet, great racing, and of course, the best m/c museum in the world.
  4. scoutDad

scoutDad IBA#203

Oddometer:

Oak Mountain is a great state park. I mountain bike there all the time with my sons and we do a lot of Boy Scouting activities there too. Hope you have a great trip.

FWIW, you may have a hard time seeing everything there is to see at the Barber Vintage Festival in one day. Shoot, it is hard to see the entire museum by itself in a day. But it will be fun to try!:D
  5. lstzephyr

lstzephyr Solo con rambo

Oddometer:
    I'll be there. I'll be staying on my buddy's couch.:lol3

I always go if I am anywhere nearby. Its really an awesome experience. I was hoping to get my supermoto out in the singles class but I don't think I'll have the money and time for it unfortunately.
  6. jtracing919

jtracing919 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great event, have been for the last 3 years but not racing this year. My wife and I will be there camping on site thurs-sun!
  7. Cactus Dave

Cactus Dave Born to Argue

Oddometer:
    We'll be there . . . racing . . .

a 1971 BSA B50 in Sportsman 500
    [​IMG]

a 1959 DBD34 Gold Star 500 in Classic 60's

[​IMG]

and an SV650 in BoT Formula 3

[​IMG]

Stop by the pit and say hello.

Cheers,

Dave
  8. deaconjones

deaconjones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah! What he said! Ill be there with some buds from West Tn. Will be moteling it. A not-to-be-missed event. I was ignorant of the first couple years but have been every year since. I couldn't even find anyone to go with me the first two years I went but since have some friends that likewise will not miss it. Seems to be the trend for anyone that finally makes the trip. Just have to experience it to know how great it is!

9. 2tallnwide

2tallnwide Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have camped at Oak Mountain, and most every other State Park in Bama over the years. Have just never been to the festival, or museum.

Working overseas I miss a lot of things like this, but try to make them when I am home. Next week is our 35th HS reunion, have missed them all, and in Saudi again for this one. I'd rather go to the festival anyway....:D

Can I park my Tiger next to your ST, and see if it will sell too? :lol3
  10. scoutDad

scoutDad IBA#203

Oddometer:
    Why not, the more the merrier.:super
    Maybe we could offer a package deal....:deal
  11. gaspipe

gaspipe 50 years in the saddle! Old School ADV

Oddometer:
    If I'm not back at work in AZ, I'll be there too. Love to meet all of you crazy folks.

And, cool bikes Cactus Dave.
  12. BgDadddy

BgDadddy Nurse Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    A group of us from the Asheville area will be going. We are camping at the track.
  13. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    be there late Saturday and all day Sunday. Also camping at the state park. Will have my little 81 TT500 to putz around on. First time in several years; can't wait to see the new additions to the museum.
  14. Mr_Wilson

Mr_Wilson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me, the misus and a friend will be there, camping lot B. Can't wait. Have been for several years.
  15. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    The family and I will be camping in Camper lot B I think. At least Friday through Sunday. I have been to the track and museum but never the festival. I have a couple of questions for the experienced. I have asked a couple of them before but am still unclear.

During the show, can I ride a motorcycle around the campground and to the other places on site (swap meet, museum, track and such?)

Can I put a for sale sign on a motorcycle that isn't in the auction or swap meet?

Could I leave some cool parts on my trailer in the campground in hopes of snagging a buyer?

Has anyone done the hare scrambles course before? Are there any big hills on the course?

Can I sit outside my motorhome and drink beer at night?
  16. BUGRIDER

BUGRIDER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Answer is yes to all
  17. WaywardSon

WaywardSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    This will be my fourth trip down in the last 5 years & always have a good time. My riding buddy will not camp so we are moteling it at a Day's Inn just outside I-459 on Hwy 280. I've stayed at this place in the past...it's "OK" and the price is right, but traffic on 280 is a damn nightmare. Any locals here able to recommend something else?

Hope to drop by the campground and meet a few inmates.
  18. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wayward..........you are correct, 280 traffic bites. I live 6 miles from the "Colon-aid" at 459. You could try The Hampton Inn at Lee Branch (just behind the Carmike 15 theaters)........further south on 280, right before you "go up Double-Oak Mtn". You can get to Barber's the back way by taking hiway 119, then Grants Mill Road, hang a right onto Rex Lake Road which is the road Barber is located on......and it will allow you to stay away from 280 pretty much. The good part about 280 is that it has plenty of eateries/nightlife.....and it's higher-income housing out there, which keeps the riff-raff away. On the brightside.......I believe the Day's Inn is near "The Titlted Kilt", right??? :evil
  19. custmmc

custmmc Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Couple of nice hotels near Liberty Park.

Also look up Sicard Hollow Rd, to Rex Lake Rd, for a fun route to Barber.
  20. forrestrider

forrestrider Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer:
    Ill be there, Ill be the fat guy on the black bike.