Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. StolenFant

StolenFant Life is good on this side of the grass Supporter

Oddometer:
    Someone makes a steel disk that epoxy adheres to the left engine cover, and protects our from farting punctured by the shifter. Soon as I find one I'm ordering. Also going back to garage to finish brake-in on Rekluse.
    Currently C200L4, C150M3, WR250 throw-out spacer, 6TC balls and 21 ss balls. Engagement seems be 2100, so lots of tweaking left. All details will be posted here and in cafehusky.com. Clutch is so light I didn't think it was working API I installed that wr250 spacer. Probably not needed. More later. Oh nothing works until you adjust clutch lever pull at 4500+ rpm.
  2. motopreserve

motopreserve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ????
  3. begeberg

begeberg Let it burn....

Oddometer:
    extra water temp sensor...

4. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    he's talking about setting up a rekluse
  5. motopreserve

motopreserve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Aha. Thanks for the clarification.
  6. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    It's part of the Rekluse Z-start Pro initial configuration. I'll be posting all the details on Husky Forum, but it's in now, works as advertised, engine braking like stock, one finger clutch if you want to use it. Sits still while idling in first gear, and starts moving soon as you move the throttle. Engages hard enough to loft the front end if you've got the traction, but as hard as dumping the clutch would.
    Not a difficult install, but can be a bit confusing if you've never done before. I had not.

7. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome! please post a link here as well:D What was the total cost?
  8. mark1976

mark1976 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Rekluse site lists an autoclutch for the 510 but not the 610. Did I miss something?
  9. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    My understanding is that EFM builds the Rekluse autoclutch and they will mod any bikes clutch into and auto if they don't already list it. http://www.efmautoclutch.com/index.shtml
  10. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    Here's a link to the complete thread on CafeHusky.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/in...se-rms-856-into-2009-te610.29314/#post-263773

If I'd had any experience with Rekluse Z-start pro before, it would have been a simple, issue free installation.:hmmmmm Still I was able to fumble through it in a day including three tuning tweaks of about an hour each. Result, Extremely light clutch disengagement via the clutch lever. :clap Bike sits still at idle, starts rolling immediatly with appliation of throttle. Snapping the throttle open from standing still is pretty much like you would do manually EXCEPT YOU HAVE ALL FINGERS ON THE HANDLE BAR.:clap In a tight woods or rock section, that alone is worth the ALL IN price of $639 (including shipping). Best part is you don't have to suffer the tuning tweaks if you've got a 2009 TE610. The clutch is a STOCK Rekluse part, RMS-856 It's packaged for the Husky WR250 2stroke, plus TC, TE and TXC 450/510 from 2006 - 2010. Rekluse didn't even know the TE610 existed when they released this clutch, and since their market is more geared to motocross and endurocross, the 610 has remained off their radar screen. Despite what I've read elsewhere, they were VERY helpful during the three calls I placed before buying, and they are quite interested in what I learned during the install.

Everything about a heavy bike is easier if you have both hands FULLY on the bars. It actually "feels" lighter in the tight stuff.

Thirty day love it or return it guarantee is hard to argue with... try one.

11. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    That is not the impression I got from Gary at EFM when we spoke back in August. He builds custom or near custom (you send your clutch parts and he converts to Auto) clutches. I would have gone with him if I hadn't confirmed the Rekluse Z-start Pro was a drop in fit with manual clutch override, engine braking and the ability to return to stock configuration if I didn't like it.

That's not to say anything bad about EFM. They've been building automatic clutches much longer than Rekluse has been in business, and will build one for nearly ANYTHING of any horsepower. Those who have them say they are bulletproof, and that is for vehicles making waaay more power than any motorcycle.

Speed of delivery and reversability were my key decision factors.
  12. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    Yes, they don't list everything. After multiple conversations, it appears they didn't know the TE610 was so similar to TE510. Unfortunately, we're not really in their target market
  13. Xcuvator

Xcuvator Justa Venturer

Oddometer:
  14. tunp

tunp Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^
    so which clutch set up do you like better?
  15. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
    I'm really stoked about a Rekluse for the 610. I'm getting one. I can't stand the clutch pull as is, and I like having "all hands on deck" when wheelie-ing.

Plus, Rekluse's are made in my home state. Way to go Idaho.
  16. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    please post up your experiences with it. I've been drooling for an auto for a LONG time. And my clutch is slipping a little bit and I'm pretty sure adjusting it would be a complete waste of time

ie that's my rationalization :norton:
  17. K7MDL

K7MDL 2015 Tiger 800XCx

Oddometer:
    Rekluse Z-Start Pro is nice on my 2006 TE450. Never thought to look to see if it would fit my 2007 TE610 or not. On the 450 you need more space under the clutch cover. Either use a replacement cover (mine is from 7602) or a gasket shaped spacer. Do not know if the 610 needs the same.
  18. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    The 08-09 TE6109 has a one piece clutch/oil filter/oil pump cover, and didn't require a spacer. Here's a photo of mine. Also commuted to work a couple times last week. VERY nice to just leave the clutch lever out as you stop for lights and such. Also makes practicing your balance (try not to put feed down on an 18mi. commute) much easier.:D
    [​IMG]
  19. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
    Hey stolenfant, what tank is that? It looks like it fits an FI model? I have a 2008 610 and I really want a larger tank for the TAT. If you could fill me in that would be great.

Thanks.

20. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    That's the same tank that I have -- the 6.6gal Safari tank. Fits both the 610 and the 630. Works just fine with my Scotts sub-mount steering stabilizer. Nice piece of kit. :thumb

Very expensive :cry