The Yamaha TW200 Thread...

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by neepuk, Jan 10, 2009.

1. neepuk

neepuk Such a drag...

Oddometer:
    We had some rain last few days... cleared up yesterday so we took a trip over to Hollister Hills. Didn't take many pics at all but it was muddy. :D
    [​IMG]
    The parking lot.... Before the mud.... Deadbird's T-dub and a few other friends too.
    [​IMG]
    Soupy Mess!:evil
    [​IMG]
    Take a picture of how thick the mud is...
    [​IMG]
    Not easy to get through with the tires this full of MUD. Fun trying though!
  2. Surfn54

Surfn54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have read the threads on carb re-jetting and it sounds like it might definately improve performance. Has anyone just bought a bigger and better Carb that would perhaps cost more, but would give a noticeable improvement? Make and model would be appreciated as well as if I am perhaps barking up the wrong tree again!

Thanks in advance, Surf

I really am content [​IMG]
  3. TheMule

TheMule Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool!! A TW thread. :clap Don't know how I missed it earlier. Links in my signature block for pics of my bike.

low and slow,

Todd
  4. Reposado1800

Reposado1800 Juicy J fan!

Oddometer:
    I read your RR when you first put it up. The stuff of legends.
  5. Surfn54

Surfn54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Back to my quick carb question........I have read that the stock bike comes with a 126 main jet......I have read where some replace it with a 128, 130 132......My question is what determines what size to go with? I run from sea level to as high as the Blue Ridge Parkway which is about 1 mile high.
    Can anyone point me to the best one to go with?

Thanks in advance, Surf
  6. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    surf,

check out these sites, post your questions in the correct threads (maint/performance), pretty sure u will find what u r looking for.

http://tw200forum.com/
    http://tw200forum.tw-parts.com/
    http://tw200.forumotion.com/index.htm?sid=209e938caf4d6365a99a65ab381a5a69
  7. Surfn54

Surfn54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    tpar 1220,

I cannot join that site......its been abandoned by its administrator......If you are already a member then apparantly you can sign in.....but newbies like meself cannot join......Thats why I have come over here where its friendly and civil!
    I have been able to do searches, and I have received some helpful answers to questions......What I was hoping though was.......that those who ride this Blog can avoid being so cheap on making mods...Not that I have any money to waste or burn, but I have learned in life, that its less expensive in the Long Run, to do it right and go ahead and spend the appropriate funds for an upgrade. It saves one alot a frustration, and especially when its a motorcycle, it can be much safer and more fun.
    Yes the tw200forum is a great site, but something unfortunate has occured, and it appears to have died.

Back to the question anyone?

SurfsUP!
  8. switz

switz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When did you try to join that forum? One of the most recent members joined 28 Jan 09.
  9. Vandergraf

Vandergraf --------------------

Oddometer:
    I'm having the same experience with the TW200 Forum site as Surfn54. Does anyone know who the admin is for that site and can provide a contact email address? Or can you contact the Admin and report here what the problem is with joining that site?
  10. Surfn54

Surfn54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone moved the Choke from the side of the bike to up on the handlebars near the ignition key? Looks like a good idea? Any hassle in doing it?

Just want to keep the thread alive

Surf
  11. Macadam Drifter

Macadam Drifter Explorer of the Backroads

Oddometer:
    A pic from last year on a ride into the Cascades

[​IMG]
  12. Surfn54

Surfn54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. dynamos2000

dynamos2000 is boinking your mom

Oddometer:
    Ordered me some goodies and was surprised that newenough (love em!!) has dual sport stuff, got me a cool rack en route and some other stuff. I wanted something a lil more than the oem rack but not as big as the cyclerack, it looks to be perfect.
  14. JB44

JB44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I put in a 130. Good performance improvement in my riding area (west. NC) 1,500 ft to 5,000 ft in elevation.

The stock TW jet for countries other than the US is the 132.

Here's an excellent tutorial on installation:

http://tw200forum.com/forums/32778/ShowPost.aspx

BTW, the TW200 forum now has a moderator and is more civil. Try registering again. The forum software is somewhat flakey, and seems to work better with the Firefox browser than IE.

jb
  15. Frostbit

Frostbit Is it cold in here?

Oddometer:
    This page needs more pics.......

[​IMG]

The Tdub is a fun bike but I haven't put enough miles on it yet. What's the hand guards of choice for the TW ? BarkBuster????

[​IMG]
  16. JB44

JB44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm using Emgo Pro Guard... less than $50. from Dennis Kirk, but many others will fit.

[​IMG]

jb
  17. Frostbit

Frostbit Is it cold in here?

Oddometer:
    Thanks JB44, I'll check them out. Nice rack by the way and does that after market exhaust enhance the performance at all?
  18. JB44

JB44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not that I could tell. It just made more noise. It was so loud I only kept it on for one day, then sold it to another TW'er. YMMV

jb
  19. Macadam Drifter

Macadam Drifter Explorer of the Backroads

Oddometer:
    Day Trip

[​IMG]
  20. owtcast

owtcast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Surf. Every bike is different enough to justify picking up a few jets consecutively. A 126 is stock. It wouldn't hurt to get a 128/130/132. And if you are going up in elevation it might be good to have a 124. With the TDubs low power output, elevation changes affect it quite a bit. Subsequently, there is no "1 size fits all" jets that will take care of all elevations. On the good side, they are really easy to swap out... only a few dollars each and they're small so easily taken along. Most likely though, you will find one that just runs the best for most of the riding you do, and then compromise on the other times. If I had to guess for your elevations you mentioned, it would probably be the stock or 128 if you haven't done any mods to the intake or exhaust.