Hotrodding the GS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Poolside, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    Now THIS is a marketing question worthy of a fully researched, in depth answer with full annotation and bibliography…

Wait for it. My muse is fully engaged and is working overtime on this…

YES!

JJ :lol3
  2. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="5" width="650"><tr><td>Hey there, Wallowa. Have you noticed you want to be told the specific right way? But you also want to do it the way you want, and would like us to tell you that is also the right way?

Ok, you got it! Any adjustment you make is perfect for you. You can't hurt anything by trying the different settings on the IICE Cool. Many people have done just that. :1drink Enjoy yourself!
    </td></tr></table>
    <BR>
  3. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" width="650"><tr><td>Thanks for asking about the upcoming products, WB, I appreciate your interest. I'm spending all my available free time on this started-out-as-a-hobby project. Sometimes I have more time available than others, but I get there. I always get there. Thanks for all of your understanding.

There are 2 and half batches of IICE Airs left, and then we'll retool and set up for the next hotrod device. Vrrroooom vrrroooom!

</td></tr></table>
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" width="650"><tr><td>Boy, marketing is getting a little testy there with his response to you, eh TC? :D I understand you are awaiting the next product, me too! Also, I appreciate that you've seen enough, and you're sold.

The topic of a general email announcement has come up before. I have all of your email addresses and would like to do that. But here's the thing. I can't figure out how to send a group email without sharing everyone's email address with all the other recipients.

But maybe there's a workaround. Subscribe to the Vendor thread instead of this one. You won't get all the ongoing development information that you don't need, but you'll get an email notification when an announcement is posted. How's that?
    </td></tr></table>
    <BR>
  4. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="5" width="650"><tr><td>I did not get much of a spare chance yesterday. I'll have some free hours later today and tonight. But I don't think the epoxy process will start till Friday.

If you guys want to chip in and buy me a Spot transmitter, I'll strap it to my ankle! :lol3
    </td></tr></table>
    <BR>
  5. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast

blind carbon copy, AKA bbc, only one address is seen by the people receiving the copy.

I wish more people would use this feature when sending out emails to their entire address book. :becca
  6. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    [klay]bcc[/klay]
  7. Randy

Randy Long timer

Oddometer:
    You beat me too it.

Just put your own address in the address bar and then copy/paste the rest of the list addresses into the Bbc address bar. Then no one sees the addresses that it was sent to other than yours and their own.
  8. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Agreed! :lol3

Re BCC:, My understanding is that most spam filters block mail with [undisclosed recipient] in the From line.

<BR>
  9. Randy

Randy Long timer

Oddometer:

I just checked it by sending to a few of my addresses (AOL and Gmail). Works fine for me. Just don't hide who it's from and each recipient still sees who sent it. They just don't see who all else you sent it to.

Works the same in Outlook too and we use it all the time with my business account. As far as I know, I've never heard anything from IT about the spam filters catching anything.
  10. TrainedChimp

TrainedChimp Consistently wrong

Oddometer:
    No way, not on your life. I'm not sellin' nothin' and I ain't volunteering to help. :D I just want what's easiest for me, is that a problem? :evil
  11. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>There is some pretty good mailing list software available on my web host account. It will send out individualized form emails with opt-in and opt-out links inside the email. But I haven't taken the time to study the user interface.

I think that's a good thing. Cause I'm pretty sure you don't want JJ running loose with an email spam bot.

<BR>
  12. johnjen

Oddometer:
    Who me?

OOOOooohhh, shiney, shiney, what does this button do? Hmmm lets see&#8230;

And marketing's all time favorite comeback saying,

It's a feature not a fault&#8230;

JJ :evil
  13. WeazyBuddha

WeazyBuddha Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer:
    Ok, went and found the thread. Link

You know marketing over at Booster Plug would have probably posted the link for the convenience of customers. :lol3
  14. johnjen

Oddometer:
    Ya gotta link for that?

JJ :evil
  15. Ridestrong

Ridestrong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm disappointed. I got one of the batches sent out in March and I've had it on my 1200GS ever since. Maybe I'm a numbnuts and have no sensitivity whatsoever but I can't tell a difference in before and after. Went out today and checked to make sure that it was in the -20 position as I remember PS telling one of the inmates that he might have "accidentally" had it in the 0 position. Mine was in the -20. Tried it in the 0 position and then back in the -20 and still can't tell a difference. Checked to make sure it was hooked up right, and, it is, so.....IDK. Any ideas? I really wanna get this thing working and I don't expect to have an erection for 20 hours from it either. :D
  16. johnjen

Oddometer:
    Well as an experiment try the -30º setting.

If you don't notice anything, at all, then I'd be looking at other causative factors.

JJ
  17. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer

Oddometer:
    Some other inmates were also certain they had it correctly installed, but could not discern a difference. Turned out they had incorrectly installed it. Maybe check one more time?
  18. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="5" width="650"><tr><td>Hey there, Ridestrong. I hear what you're saying about that nothing happened. But you know, I don't know what to tell you except that just isn't possible.

Here's what I mean. The air temperature input is used by the ECU for the air mass calculation. And with that mass result, it determines an injector pulsewidth based on the desired fuel/air mass ratio. But since the IICE Air makes the air mass result artificially high, more fuel is injected.
    </td></tr></table>
    <BR>
  19. rickrwh

rickrwh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try twisting the throttle to the stop. I certainly noticed a difference there when the front wheel tried to come up in the first two gears. (-20 setting)
  20. Ridestrong

Ridestrong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have it connected to the intake air-box temperature sensor and I believe you can only connect "in line" one way. In other words, you can't plug it in "reverse". Maybe I am just a numbnuts. The bike was already running well before I installed it. How did the other inmates have it installed that was incorrect? :ear
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.