Underseat tank for HP2

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by bavarian, Apr 14, 2008.

1. bavarian_markus

bavarian_markus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    it will be soon on the way :1drink
  2. GSMarc

GSMarc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Markus Customer Service

I just had a switch failure with Markus switch and I sent it back to him.

Few days after, I got a new one for free but I must admit that mine, even failed, was in a real good state (I don't drive in mud, deep water etc with my MM).

Markus is very fair and serious, thank you again :clap
  3. mike anderson

mike anderson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you have any left looking for black and for ohlines. I sent a pm.
  4. bavarian_markus

bavarian_markus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <hr style="color: rgb(87, 87, 87);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> with a little delay I'm back!
    Yes I still produce the tanks, and sell them directly to customers or to AQ or Holan.pl

If any one have questions.......

Kind regards from Garmisch-Partenkirchen the place of the BMW-Bikermeeting

:clap
  5. macwoody

macwoody Macwoody

Oddometer:
    Markus, the only question is/remains: How do I get one ? I send you a seperate email again as well. Thanks ! Michel
  6. K u r t

K u r t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wanted to share my switch solution for the Markus tank, which is the fog lights switch from the 12GSA (part numbers 61317694815, 61317702063 and 61317702067). Easy reach for the left thumb and factory quality...

A Pic:

Attached Files:

7. sad_story

sad_story Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is that hose running forward on the left side of the bike from the tank? What does it do, where does it run to?
  8. GSMarc

GSMarc Long timer

Oddometer:
    ventilation, goes where you decide
  9. Grolls

Grolls n00b

Oddometer:

Are these underseat tanks still available ??
  10. sad_story

Oddometer:
    On longer trips I got tired of always having to take off all the bags to fuel up...

[​IMG]

its proved difficult to take off cap (and the markus tank is tough to fill with the spout so close), so I added a snorkel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it was all using standard US plumbing.... Going to do little custom work to make the cap flush(er) with the seat...

[​IMG]
  11. Hermann

Hermann n00b

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

How do you use the litltle "pannier rack"?
    Do you make it?
    Please let me know
  12. Crazy_Tim

Crazy_Tim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I recently picked up one of these from a former HP2e owner, not realizing it wouldn't fit on my HP2mm (it was the model for the conti air shock, not for the Ohlins). Planning a long trip and want to get this squared away before I head out...

anyone have the ohlins model looking to sell it? anyone need the conti model?

Thanks in advance!
  13. sad_story

Oddometer:

Hola Herman ... the panier rack is part of the Al Jesse Pannier luggage system (http://www.jesseluggage.com/) I do not know if he still makes them ...

PM me, I might be interested in sell mine, don't post here I dont want to hijack this thread ...

I removed all the stickers so they are just grey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS yes this is my bike, I removed the HPNs for the underseat tank, and went back to the stock seat ...
  14. jimac

jimac n00b

Oddometer:
    Is that the Kahedo seat ? Can you share some your though, can't find on in state now :(
  15. K u r t

K u r t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Happy Story:

How has your snorkel kit worked out and would you make any suggestions for improving it? You've got me inspired.

Kurt

16. sad_story

Oddometer:
    Snorkel works great... The one modification I'd make would be to make it 1,5" shorter so that if I'm riding 2up, the pillion isn't getting a high octane enemA..

But in serious Need to consider what you are doing... No luggage or side bags only... All good.. A laden bike with bags, you need to consider re-fueling and removing any bags covering the snorkel, although it still beats taking the seat off...

Other than those considerations, and ever grinning pillion rider.... Works great!
  17. K u r t

K u r t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Mr Story.

I'm sorry if your pillion doesn't ride all up on you anymore with that elevated cap. Are you jealous? Seeking therapy? You know we 're here for you.

I do run a GLoop Coyote on long runs and loathe seat removal to fill the tank. I believe Markus made himself a very sweet fill spout aft the seat (I'd love to see pics of how he did this) but your solution seems a pretty sweet compromise.

If you have a moment, I'd love to see pics of where you cut the seat pan.

I'll post pics if I attempt something similar.

Thx, Kurt
  18. K u r t

K u r t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sad Story-

I've decided to go IN on the hole-in-the-seat mod.

I need your help with one item: THREADS - I find that the threads for the Markus cap to Markus tank are quite large and do not match our standard pipe thread here in US (NPT) but are 1.5" dia. Do you know the thread pitch? What did you use?

I'd really like to avoid using epoxy or other permanent mod to the plastic...there should be a "best" way to do this.

Please others chime in.

Thank you in advance,

Kurt
  19. K u r t

K u r t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well here it went. Renazco Racing tackled the job for me and did a good job, too.

[​IMG]

We'll see how this does without a snorkel - hoping I don't need to carry a funnel to prevent drips on the leather...
  20. sad_story

Oddometer:
    Great job! I still haven't figured out a better (shorter) snorkel... I'll tinker this summer... Can you reach through and remove the lid easily? That was the issue with my mod...

Just a thought .. A little plug that matched seat material to pop over the hole ... For looks and pillion comfort