XR650R Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by JustinT, Nov 24, 2008.

1. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Walmart, I believe it is called an ATV pad.
  2. Unsung

Unsung Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I meant armor for me, haha. I'm about to swap those knobbies off for some all terrains, I think that might lower it a quarter inch, not enough to make a real difference. As for starting, I started the bike easier than the previous owner. I can start it in 1 or 2 with it about 55f outside. I haven't checked to see if this thing is uncorked or not. Whether or not it is, I think I'll leave it alone, as it runs so great and I don't feel like jetting it. Ebaying for tires right now. And I need a front rim.
  3. medisyn

medisyn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome got a coleman brand one off amazon for 19 bones.
  4. pavemike

pavemike I fall down alot

Oddometer:
    :eek1. Talk about a bad day! Hope everyone (including the kid that's on fire) was okay.
  5. Unsung

Unsung Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I should search this forum but I thought I'd just sneak the question in. What's a good on/off road tire? I'm looking for something good on the street and in gravel. Maybe a 60/40 street, or 70/30 street. Found a set of Kenda Big Blocks for $185 for both, in 90/90-21, and 140/80-18, which I think is the size I need. They're claimed to be 60/40 street over dirt, but wear out fairly quick. Any better suggestions? Is a 2007 XR650L rim the same as this 2002 XR650R? I found one cheap.

Ohh and I got my first compliments on my bike today. Some guys came over here for something and thought it was a new bike, haha.
  6. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Grey skyes and rain of Good old England ( NEast)
    The MAXXIS 6006 probably the ONLY TRUE 80/80% Dual function tyre made.
  7. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Welp, deal fell through on my XRR I had for sale...gonna finish the plating process and am thinking about making it a dedicated SM. Lowered, huge front brake, pumped engine.

What's a good donor for the front suspension?
  8. BigNastybrp

BigNastybrp Big Nasty

Oddometer:
  9. BigNastybrp

BigNastybrp Big Nasty

Oddometer:
    Larry I have a costom lower rear shock for sell if you want it pm me. Bert
  10. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why lower it? The 17" wheels lower it quite a bit already and with the massive grip on pavement, you'll run out of cornering clearance. I drag pegs easy on mine at full height. I would go with CRF450 forks if you want USD.
  11. medisyn

medisyn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Should get this in the mail in a day or two. The most I have ever done on the XRR in a single day is 110mi. I hope to change that soon when I get the suspension back from the shop. :D
  12. slickwill

slickwill Exhiled

Oddometer:
    Exactly what I'd say.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  13. RZRob

RZRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let me Start by saying "Divorce Sucks" but it in my case it beat the alternative. As a result, I'm probably going to have to sell my new CA Plated XR650R. This bike is a total virgin with a metitculously A/R installation done on the dualsport kit. I haven't listed it anywhere yet, but wanted to see what you guys thought. Because it's new,, at the price I'm selling it for, I'm not profiting.

If someone is looking for a clean XR, I'd bet there wasn't a fresher one in existence. It's had maybe 2 tankfuls of gas run through it since new. It's a BRAND NEW!!! 2003. The plastic is not scratched and other than being plated, it's a virgin. I already installed the "HRC Uncorking Kit" the TrailTech Vapor with aluminum guard, and the ManRack with Fender Brace. I still have all the stock items that were removed. This bike is Super Fun to ride, but I'm hurting for cash. It starts right up very reliably. It's dusty because I took it for a 10 mile ride to say goodbye to it - and cry a little.

I want $5K for it, and if you think that's too much, you're probably not the right guy for it. This is for the person that specifically wants a brand new bike - with California Plate and Title. I'm in Orange County (Disneyland). PM me if you're interested.

RZ Rob

[​IMG]
  14. Lostsaffa

Lostsaffa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in the process of sourcing parts for a 2005 1x Team Honda replica build which will hopefully be as close to the below photo as possible (without getting too silly). If anyone has any of the bits, you know who to PM :evil

[​IMG]
  15. monkeyfez

monkeyfez Enabler....

Oddometer:
    No photo man.
  16. Lostsaffa

Lostsaffa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  17. slickwill

slickwill Exhiled

Oddometer:
    I think the exhaust is the only thing that isn't commonly available. The BRP triple clamp/damper mount, IMS tank, and Renthal bars are all still common production items. Precision Concepts will still match the suspension exactly. Bob Bell told me he has all necessary parts to fully service my suspension if I want. Almost the entire HRC engine kit is still available. The oversize Braking front rotor is also still available (new design though). I'm not using the one that came on my bike currently since I upgraded to a 320mm rotor when I made the switch to supermoto trim. Did I miss anything?

18. slickwill

slickwill Exhiled

Oddometer:
    The Precision Concepts carbon fiber fork guards were also still available last time I checked.
  19. bamfslap

bamfslap Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I could be wrong but I heard they actually didn't use the higher compression piston because it was overkill. That could save some money if piecing together the HRC kit...

Beautiful bike. I'm thinking of doing the black baja fender paint. Krylon fusion good?
  20. slickwill

slickwill Exhiled

Oddometer:
    True story. On the Baja bike bikes they ran 10:1. On the BITD bikes they ran 11:1. I have an email from Bob Bell explaining all of that.