Who is a good dealer in Phoenix?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by motor-maniac, Oct 8, 2004.

1. motor-maniac

motor-maniac n00b

Oddometer:
    I am new to the Phoenix area and am ready to take the plunge on a new ktm 950 adventure. I have spent hours reading the many informative threads on the bike and saw how important a good informed and helpful dealer is. Can anyone recommend a dealer. I live in the east valley and Bernies Cycle Service is closest with Phoenix International Ktm and Premier Motorsports further away. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Codewheeney

Codewheeney Callipygian Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't bought any bikes from Phoenix International, but I've had minor service done there, and I've purchased some gear there as well. I like 'em. Their service bays are right out in the open, so you can watch whats going on. I'd have no qualms buying a bike there if they had what I was after.

JC
  3. Eurobiker

Eurobiker Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    1st, welcome N00b.
    2nd., fill out your profile,
    3rd. I was in Chandler 2001-2002 and Bernies always did welll by me on Airhead service. I'd give them :thumb :thumb
  4. Gizmo

Gizmo Hermes

Oddometer:
    None of them....maybe. Until recentil recently, the only game in town was Phoenix International Motorsports and Victory in Chandler, AZ. Just recently a new dealer opened in Scottsdale, but it is too early tell in my book how good they are. I have done all my business at Ironhorse Motorcycles in Tucson, well worth the 130 mile trip for me and will continue to do. They are a world class dealer, great service by techs who not only truly know their stuff but are thorough. Their customer service is top drawer and really nice people to know and deal with. As an added benefit they are the only dealer in Arizona to offer an AMA or MOA discount on parts and accessories and their service rate is in the $8.00 - $10.00 range less expensive than the Phoenix area dealers. It is too bad about P.I.M. as they are only 5 minutes from where I work. Besides the fact that they are no longer a BMW dealer, I have found their customer service to be wanting, the parts guy rarely seems to know parts and accessories and their service, I simply do not trust. Victory is owned by a big conglomerate and so a lot of the typical lack of caring is prevalent. They quite often offer great prices on motorcycles but after the sale forget about good service. I also know of a couple of folks who have had real horror stories with servicing on their motorcycles.
  5. Eurobiker

Eurobiker Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Uh, Gizmo, he's after a KTM. :wink:
    I am new to the Phoenix area and am ready to take the plunge on a new ktm 950 adventure.
  6. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stay FARRRR away from Premier. P.I. and Bernies are boto good shops in my opinion. If Bernies is closer then...There you go fro service. If you're buying
    a new one....Check all three and see what kind of deal you get at each. I bought mine out of state but have it serviced at P.I. and have nothing but good things to say about them.
  7. Gizmo

Gizmo Hermes

Oddometer:
    Yes true but Phoenix Int'l Motorsports sells KTM. Sorry got off on a bit of a tangent otherwise.
  8. motor-maniac

motor-maniac n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info guys. It sounds like Phoenix International Ktm or Bernies Cycle Service. I just don't get why Bernies is not a listed dealer on KTM'm web site.
  9. mardaf

mardaf "HellBent”

Oddometer:
    Any update to this thread? I am heading down through Phoenix on the way to Baja the end of May and will need to purchase and change out a set of tires on my R1200GS.
    At home I would do my own work but considering the possible temperature I will likely get a shop to do the change over and I will sit having a cool beer rather sweating in the parking lot removing the wheels?

Recommendations on a dealer?
  10. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    MARDAF:
    Would recommend that you consider ZEN MOTO in N. Scottsdale, Owner Dillon Dugan is a adv member, rides, & owns both KTM & BMW can accommodate any need you might have.

Contact: Zen Moto Store (480) 600-2978----www.zenmotostore.com---

You can deal with the rest but why not have the best.
    Tell him Belstaff---Jeff sent ya.
  11. mardaf

mardaf "HellBent”

Oddometer:
    Awesome, Thanks for the help. I will mention you directed me in his direction.
  12. 4play

4play Next?

Oddometer:

Plus one, Dillon is a rider & one of the very few people I'd allow near my bike with tools...
  13. Slowred

Slowred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Plus 2! Dillon is a great guy and runs an independent shop relying on excellent service. He rides both Adventures and GS's. He'll take good care of you.
  14. mardaf

mardaf "HellBent”

Oddometer:
    Awesome, I have an email into him today. I'll be sure to mention the support he is getting from the inmates.

Thanks guys, it always makes you feel better when you get some "on the ground" intel :eek:)
  15. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    definitely the place to take a motorcycle for any service etc.
    You get the guys who kind of know at the dealers and then you get the guys that really do know at Zen Moto.
  16. Dillon@ZenMoto

Dillon@ZenMoto falls down too much

Oddometer:
    big thanks guys :clap
  17. mardaf

mardaf "HellBent”

Oddometer:
    Ordered my tires from Dillion and booked my installation and oil change. Real easy to deal with. Thanks for all the recommendations. Hope the trip to Baja goes as well as this :D
  18. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just beware, if he happens to mention anything about a Kracken..... Run. FAST!:lol3

Inside Death Valley joke...

BTW, don't mess up my office when you visit!:flush:D
  19. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, any others? I am new to the area as a snow bird. I used Dillon a few years ago when passing through. His new location is much closer to me now. As I recall I had some Mefo tires drop shipped to him and he mounted them plus did a service for me.

I tried the Yam/Suz/Kaw/Polaris dealer on Cave Creek near Bell Rd before. I won't go back to them. I had to order a fuel pump for my Yamaha 250. It took 2 weeks and they charged me nearly $500 for the part. I didn't have a choice, though. I also tried the new little mechanics shop in the town of Cave Creek. My fuel pump failed in his driveway. He rode me home to get the new pump I had as a spare. I could've installed it myself, but that wouldn't be very polite in his parking lot. So I let him install it. He charged me three hours! :eek1 I mean I can do it in under 30 minutes. Jeepers...

I realize everybody has to make a living but I am used to shops that offer fair pricing.

I walked through those multi-brand stores on Hayden near the Scottsdale airport. Their parts dept seemed to be pretty sketchy plus they don't stock much in the store. Lots of bikes, though. Didn't get a good vibe.

I did a little business with RideNow in Chandler. Seemed like a decent place. They have my brands and seem to be pretty friendly.

I ride a Yam dual sport and a Duc SS. I may want another Duc. I am thinking their Diavel cruiser. I'd like to know a good Duc tuner, in any event. If for some reason I needed work on my Yam I could probably use Dillon. But I'd like a place to buy oem parts too.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
  20. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm Supporter

Oddometer:
    You say you could probably use Dillon again? After stating he provided good service......oh, and also, Dillon can get you the OEM parts as well if you don't want to order them yourself.