Scenic City Rides (Chattanooga)

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by SquirrelyGrl, Oct 29, 2012.

1. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    Bring your wheels over tomorrow before noon if you want to do the change.:deal Left you a VM. I thinking of a DS ride Sunday. Monday is a no go due to a volunteer trail work day.
  2. fullmonte

Oddometer:
    Sunday DS ride it is. Meetup spot is BP gas station at the corner of Ooltewah Ringgold rd & East Brainerd rd at 10am. From there we will take 2 lane twisty roads to BFE and forest roads. Bring a tail bag lunch and water. Big and little bikes welcome. Knobbies might be a good idea.:evil
  3. Doulos

Doulos Doulos

Oddometer:
    If Monday is a holiday for you - lets ride! Street/dirt or both. Weather looks sunny but chilly.
  4. fullmonte

Oddometer:
    Nice riding with you today ABHulgan. First stop on Starr Mountain.
    [​IMG]
    On the downhill side before descending into Tellico.
    [​IMG]
    The Tellico River was a torrent today. It provided just the right ambience for lunch at Kat's Deli. We stopped in at Tellico Moto Outfitters and chatted with MiniMike for a bit before lunch. We were his first customers of the day at 1PM.:eek1 What a great day for a ride.:clap
    [​IMG]
  5. Doulos

Doulos Doulos

Oddometer:
    Anyone been to MotoMtn park in Fairmount, GA yet?
  6. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    Hey Monte & AB ~ looks like y'all had a good ride yesterday!

Doulos ~ ask Twisty, I know he's been up there a time or two. Or look thru the DOG thread about MotoMtn
  7. Wild Pig

Wild Pig Looks like avatar.

Oddometer:
    Hey, just wanted to say thanks for all the hospitality during the visit. Sorry we didn't catch up with everyone we wanted to (Brent, Monte, and others).

Thursday night at the Brewhaus was a blast. I've been craving the bavarian nachos ever since. I knew we were in the right place when I saw the wild pig over the bar!

And poor Timothy. She was tall, blonde, and worked in a brewery. The stars were aligned, man. But your ego was crushed like a bug in horrible defeat in spite of our intense help. :rofl

Thanks for all the local info, including the hand drawn map. It was a work of creativity and genius, even though it showed Signal Mountain somewhere in eastern Nebraska. We used squirrely's list as a reference all the next day. Aretha Frankenstein's lived up to it's rep. Cheree had the Elephants Gerald and I foolishly tried to eat an entire fat stack of pancakes. Sprained my stomach.

Good food, good folks, and good beer! We will be back, even if we decide not to move.
  8. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    :clap

Yay! It sure was a blast Thursday night! Tim sure did have a hard time with that girl, way to go Wingman! :1drink

Holler if you guys come back down. Hope you both make it back safely
  9. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    I was going on a weekly basis for a while, but haven't been lately for various reasons. Weather, work and other stuff have been getting in the way. I've been thinking about buying a membeship since it's only about 30 minutes from the house. When ya wanna go? I'll show you all the single track, and there's a lot, but you'll miss most of it if you don't know where it is because they don't invest much in trail marking.
  10. Doulos

Doulos Doulos

Oddometer:
    Twisty - Monty is securing a 450 KTM in Feb. I say we shoot for a date in Feb - weather permitting - and you can show us the trails.

BTW - how can I find the DOG thread - can someone put up a link? I am technically challenged :rofl
  11. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Cool, let me know.
    Here ya go:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194015
  12. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:

:ear
  13. Cogswell

Cogswell Road General

Oddometer:
    I think we just missed you at Mike's on Sunday :wave...wish we would have gone to Kat's for lunch.

Mike
  14. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    You guys suck as wingmen and wingwomen.

When are we going to Honest Pint this week? I am out of town this weekend so Thursday would be best. I am driving down to Alabama for a private tour of a brewery... :rofl
  15. Steez

Steez Prior USMC Infantry

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

I've been in the Chattanooga area the past few years, and I finally came to my senses and sold my Triumph Bonneville to get back into dual sporting. I've come across a fellow Nashville ADVrider looking to sell a 650 Dakar (not in the flea market...yet) at a somewhat decent price, and was wondering if it'll fit in with this groups dual sporting rides (if you guys are cool with letting one more person join in haha)? I'm not sure as to the group's preferences when it comes to single track and the like. My last ds was a WR250r that I completed the tat with, so the simple weight of this dakar will take some getting used to.

One of the main reasons I sold the Yamaha was due to the fact it was hard to find fellow area dual sporters, but now I'm rather excited this group exists!
  16. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Hey Tim
    I have enough of my lunch money left over to buy a beer Thursday night. But I have class at 7pm til 9pm. So I could meet you before or after.

Hey newb! I reckon you would just have to get to know us and what places we rode. I think you'd be alright on a Dakar, golly Tim takes his 1200 almost everywhere.
  17. ABHooligan

ABHooligan The Flying Mythos

Oddometer:
    Hey Steez,
    I've always thought it was more about riding ability than what kinda bike you have. A great rider on a Ninja 250 can ride more trails, better, than a rookie on a HusaKTMvarna Ultrasuperenduro Factory Type R. I've been smoked by street-shod V-stroms on muddy trails when I had a good bike with knobby tires. It's more about the fellowship than ego and competition. Any dual-sport you get would be welcome; the most important thing is to ride, ride, ride.

So come on; no man/woman left behind.
  18. WarriorDog

WarriorDog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What kind of gear are you wearing for these rides. I'm in Ooltewah off Hunter Road. I just got a Sherpa 250 for wifey and picked up an XL650 for myself a couple of weeks ago. We havent been in the woods for a few years. We'll join up on some of these rides in a few weeks (March) once we get past the cold weather. I'm too old to intentionally punish myself by freezing my azz off. Plus I'll have to listen to her complain too:D
    Any gear recommendations. I've got some Oneil MX boots, We've still got our street bikes so we've got street helmets, gloves, textile jackets, Kevlar jeans, etc. What is good stuff for the woods and trails?? Economical or middle of the road stuff will be fine. Remember, there are two of us to buy for.
  19. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Aight, tonight's shin dig is at the Honest Pint starting 8:15 ~

That way if some people want to meet early that's cool. Since I won't be able to get there til 9ish. Tim and Todd I believe are meeting 8:15ish
    Newbs are more than welcome to join :)
  20. Steez

Steez Prior USMC Infantry

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the inspiration guys! I think I'll make an offer on the Dakar tonight, seeing as most of my weekly riding will be commuting on streets- so it seems like a good compromise.

Thanks for the invite tonight! I'll try and come on by after my class gets out at 8:00. If you see a guy alone in a black jacket wandering aimlessly trying to listen for motorcycle talk at all the tables, call me over haha!