Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:
  3. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
  4. niceviewbehindbars

niceviewbehindbars out enjoying the vu

Oddometer:
    I just came back in off my boat in Reedville. I went out in the bay a little ways to get a better view. It was awesome. Very bright. Very cool.
  5. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had fun this morning riding some trails with Klim86 - until I dropped the bike on some rocks :bluduh. Shifter puched a holehole in stator cover the size of a pencil. Most of my oil was in puddle on the ground by the time I picked it up.

Thanks to Klim for helping me push it up hill to the road so I could haul it home.

And that's why we never made it over to HalfPlates challege course..

New cover should be here wed/thursday. (Not trying to rub it in Whitfield, just saying. :evil )
  6. klim86

klim86 veteran

Oddometer:
    It def was an awesome ride today, big time bummer about the side cover. Fortunately parts for Jap bikes are easier to find and more affordable to order (sorry whitfield). Let me know if you want a hand putting the new cover on.

BTW for all you unknowing riders out there, ddlewis can shred. I was a true pleasure getting to ride with a local first off and someone who pushed my abilities secondly. I look forward to getting to ride with him again once the bike is up and running again.
  7. Whitfield

Whitfield Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hate that I missed the local adventure. Rocks? Not too many places local to find those . . . . . Curious where yall were? Sorry about the hole in the side cover. UPS says my new cover will be here Wednesday too - crossing my fingers that the correct parts are inside.

We are down in Gloucester point this weekend visiting family. Took a boat ride from the Coleman bridge to New Point Light beach.
  8. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah me too, for both of us. Wed after this I'm planning to ride it down to SE Tenn for annual camp with old buddies. It's like my personal Christmas, I'll be seriously bummed if the cover's not in..

Gravel access road with a huge 2-3 foot deep washout. Vertical walls and loose football size chunks of rip rap in the bottom. Didn't want to jump the bike down into that mess :uhoh. So I tried "finessing" it sideways off the ledge and fell in anyway, right on the rocks.
  9. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    A big thanks to Andrew for having us over on Saturday! Even that little bit of goofing off in the woods and on those obstacles helped me knock some rust from my "big bike offroad" riding skills. I am going to take the GS to the Charles City track this weekend. I was out there yesterday on the DRZ and found A LOT of sand (some deep!) and some single track with small log crossings. I can wait to see the faces of the guys on the 250 pound two stokes as I unload a 70 pound KTM and then my 500 pound fraulein from my truck! :huh

Steve, is there anything worth posting from all of your GoPro footage this weekend?

Guy, did you make is home safely after riding 550 miles on Saturday for a piece of pie!? :lol3 LOL!
  10. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got back about 7:30 Sat. night. Appreciate your asking.

On another note, that "special" wrench I bought won't work, so looks like we're gonna have to leave the Rox assembly as it is. I'll be returning the wrench for a refund. Too much $$ just to have it sit around.

11. dljocky

dljocky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you don't have your bike up and running, you can borrow mine.

12. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    But if you have to return it in it's original condition you will be cleaning it for a month!!!
  13. dljocky

dljocky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl

14. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    He can take the Wee...........,....to Dunkle Hollow. :rofl
  15. DrGo

DrGo Wander, where I am

Oddometer:
    Does anyone now a place near Richmond or Fredericksburg that I can buy a 1500 pelican case?

Thanks.
  16. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    The new wee? sweet, I just might take you up on that! :evil

Thanks man that is very generous - even for the DR. :D But before I borrowed I'd just patch it up with jbweld. you rock though.
  17. Defaultgateway

Defaultgateway Adventurer

Oddometer:
  18. rctr

rctr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Beam in Richmond va has pelican cases
  19. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eddy, with that suit and all the flashing lights, you are getting dangerously close to impersonating an emergency vehicle.
  20. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Twitter just told me Aerostich will be in DC Sept 26 to 30.